Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy Japan site opens  (Read 7577 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: October 02, 2007, 01:30:18 PM »
Nintendo has launched the official Japanese website for Super Mario Galaxy. The site features some fairly new screenshots, and a plethora of video showing off the game. Make sure to check it out at the link below!

Link: Super Mario Galaxy website (JPN)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 09:38:03 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »
I just saw the opening movie.

It's grade-A for awesome :D. So much Mario goodness, from the airship music remix, to the evil magikoopa, the pretty looking toad town...

Though, I'm starting to wonder if this "Princess Rose" girl is actually Peach in disguise. They both have similar-looking blond hair, and their faces look alike. Maybe they're related.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 02:46:16 PM »
Hmm.. looks like they're re-using bits of the story line from the first Paper Mario game: Bowser not only kidnapped the Princess, he took the entire castle.

Not that that's a bad thing, though. I'm glad they are finally incorparting ideas from all Mario games into one (I know they've been doing this for a while, but it seems like only the RPG things have appeared in the RPG games).

What would really be great is if Mario could somehow get his hands on some classic power ups. The Boo and Bee suits are both great, but where are my Frog, Hammer, and Tanooki suits?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 04:13:01 PM »
Though, I'm starting to wonder if this "Princess Rose" girl is actually Peach in disguise. They both have similar-looking blond hair, and their faces look alike. Maybe they're related.
My theory: Rosetta is to Peach as Sheik is to Zelda.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 10:31:44 PM »
This prologue video impresses me as no Mario game's opening ever has before. Think about it, I can name three or four games in which we watch Bowser (or Bowser Jr.) take Peach. All, lame (except Paper Mario).
It looks like Luigi has learned to stay away from large gatherings in the Mushroom Kingdom and vacations with Peach. Smart guy. Still, it'd be great if he were playable, maybe in a co-op mode... But that won't happen, as we already know.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 05:12:54 AM »
The video also provides a narrative justification as to why Luigi isn't in SMG.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 01:07:37 PM »
Woah, this is awesome! The Triple Jump seemed a bit too low, perhaps? I even saw a pipe in one of the videos. This game seems like it is going to be a combination of most of the Mario game ideas into one, including new ideas!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 01:24:25 PM »
The video also provides a narrative justification as to why Luigi isn't in SMG.

When?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 03:50:33 PM »
Mario got taken into space when Bowser stole the castle. Luigi is stuck back on the ground.

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 11:35:02 AM »
What would really be great is if Mario could somehow get his hands on some classic power ups. The Boo and Bee suits are both great, but where are my Frog, Hammer, and Tanooki suits?
The web site hints that four more suits will become available in the game, so there is a possibility...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 02:40:25 PM »
Is there a way to translate this page? I find it hard to navigate it.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 04:00:59 PM »
Somebody on another forum pointed out that this game's intro is kinda reminiscent of the intro to Sonic 2006.

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 11:23:44 AM »
These videos are spectacular, especially the intro. I saw them a few days ago but to comment on here, I loved all of them. Everything about Super Mario Galaxy is looking just perfect for a Mario game. The level design, the gameplay, the visuals, the music, the presentation, it all looks superb. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

And is it me or did they use an orchestra for a few instances in some levels?

Print