Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy released in the US  (Read 11822 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: November 12, 2007, 05:58:36 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy launches in the US today, just 11 days after its release in Japan. As always, most retailers won't have it available until Tuesday, so we recommend calling ahead if you plan to look for it today.

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:39:35 PM »
Just got it! I'm only on my first star... But it hasn't met expectation quite yet.
The camera view is a worse than Sunshine, but I can manage, and the controls are off from 64 and sunshine.
But it's still really really sweet.
9/10
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »
[wtd].
You can't say you're on the first star and then make any of those assertions reasonably.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »
Don't be like SolidShroom. Don't judge it before you've finished it.

That said, I have preordered SMG online. I should get it within 3-5 days.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 07:08:39 PM »
$50 gift card in hand (adding to $5 put down for pre-order), I obtained it today at my local Game Crazy.

...And on the eighth day, God created Super Mario Galaxy... And He saw that it was good.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 07:48:03 PM »
Toys R Us doesn't get the shipment till tomorrow.

that completely ruined my day.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 08:22:41 PM »
Patience is a virtue. It comes for me tomorrow.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
If you haven't already heard, Toys R Us is giving out a $25 gift card with Super Mario Galaxy purchase (in-store only).

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 08:55:27 PM »
Oh, I thought the TRU deal was for pre-orders only. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Toys R Us doesn't get the shipment till tomorrow.

that completely ruined my day.
Same here with the Software Etc. that I pre-ordered mine from.  Except I was already having a bad day.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »
Same here too.  I haven't even got a call from GameStop about my pre-order yet.  I'll stop by TRU after school first tomorrow just in case I can still get the $25. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »
.-. I was merely stating my opinion about the game thus far. Not writing a review.
That's why I said where I was.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 09:21:39 PM »
YES!!! I'm getting this on Christmas along with Super Paper Mario! I have a feeling this game will be awesome!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »
Don't be like SolidShroom. Don't judge it before you've finished it.

That said, I have preordered SMG online. I should get it within 3-5 days.
C'mon man. If a game is bad at first it'll probably be bad till the end. I mean, I've played E.T., and while I haven't finished it, I know it's an awful game. There's only a small degree of judging you can do to a game before you finish it.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 09:37:53 PM »
YES!!! I'm getting this on Christmas along with Super Paper Mario! I have a feeling this game will be awesome!
Look upon this, all you people complaining about not getting it until Tuesday. Look upon this and be ashamed!

Print