Print

Author Topic: Two-disc Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack coming to Club Nintendo  (Read 13401 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: November 17, 2007, 02:20:01 PM »
Starting in January 2008, Japanese fans can redeem their Club Nintendo points for a Super Mario Galaxy "platinum version" soundtrack. The first disc will have 28 tracks of music from the game, while the second disc will have 53 "variations."

Also, this coming December, Club Nintendo will offer a 2008 calendar featuring art from Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy. It is not yet known what other artwork will appear in the calendar.

Source: Club Nintendo

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 02:22:26 PM »
SMG is probably the only game I thought of buying the soundtrack to. Any idea on a north american release?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 02:43:46 PM by Boo Dudley »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 02:22:56 PM »
I wonder why NOA doesn't do things like this.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »
Why do they hate America? We've got money, right? They want that, right?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »
DO WANT.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 09:23:37 PM »
*drools*

American release, please.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 02:24:07 AM »
The last game soundtrack that got a good American release through NOA was somewhere back on N64. Being released only through Club Nintendo frightens me more.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »
I'm getting a spasm right now!  NoA, I and many fans beg you to please bring this epic soundtrack to the states!  Don't make me have to put on my eye patch and peg leg.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 04:39:40 PM »
I would be happy if it were just released on a normal label in Japan. Then I could at least get it.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 05:23:07 PM »
The last game soundtrack that got a good American release through NOA was somewhere back on N64. Being released only through Club Nintendo frightens me more.
Well, there was that one Twilight Princess CD, but I guess that exclusitivity as a pre-order bonus/reward for getting Nintendo Power doesn't count as "good".

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 05:32:14 PM »
Well, there was that one Twilight Princess CD, but I guess that exclusitivity as a pre-order bonus/reward for getting Nintendo Power doesn't count as "good".
You're thinking Smashing Live.  The TP sound track was available for a limited time anywhere.  No pre order needed
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 08:04:22 PM »
I have Smashing Live, and and the TP tracks were indeed avalible as a NP subscription incentive. But... wait... it was available anywhere? Aw, MAN......

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 08:40:21 PM »
Yeah, but 5 tracks really isn't worth crying over.
Man, when you think about it, it's amazing Smashing Live got over here.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 09:05:14 PM »
My NP subscription just ran out.  We need the SMG soundtrack as the incentive to renew.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 08:50:46 AM »
We need the SMG soundtrack as the incentive to renew.
Quoted for truth!

Early this morning I glanced at an address label to see when my subscription expired and saw 2035.  I had just got up and wasn't quite awake yet so it took a split second for me to realize that was my house number and not the expiration year.  I just checked out the new Nintendo Power site and Store.Nintendo.com, but only saw the Phantom Hourglass guide renewal offer.  What happened to all the other things Nintendo offered for subscription?  Maybe I'm just not awake enough yet and missed them.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print