Print

Author Topic: Wrecking Crew released on Virtual Console in North America  (Read 5939 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:01:48 AM »

"Wrecking Crew (NES®, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): In the days before Mario and Luigi became sports stars in their downtime between plumbing and saving the Princess, they tried their hands as one-man wrecking crews. With a hammer as their only tool, players take control of the brothers and set out to destroy ladders, rip out pipes, knock down walls and detonate explosive devices. But make sure to plan your path of destruction carefully, as each building is designed as its own clever puzzle—if you're not careful, you can easily trap yourself in a dead end. Adding to the excitement and challenge are fireballs, enemies and an angry foreman roaming the buildings. They're all trying to stop you from moving on to the next stage. With 100 buildings to demolish and the ability to construct your own, it's a wonder Mario and Luigi ever got back to saving the Mushroom Kingdom."

If you are like me and have never played it you might want to check out the vc-reviews.com review and video.  I'll be downloading it today. 

Source: press.nintendo.com
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:49:59 PM by MEGAߥTE »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »
I'd prefer a translated version of Wrecking Crew '98.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:19:35 PM »
I never played it. So I downloaded it. It's pretty nice.
I really don't care much for logic.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 01:00:13 PM »
This is good in all but where are our n64 games? Like The ledgon of Zelda Majora's Mask and our Mario party's. I heard that the n64 one's are alot better then the one's for the gamcube.

Also where's our Donkey Kong 64? i used to have it and it was almost the best Donkey Kong game ive ever played but then I sold it to my freind for 10 dolar's to help me get a Wii. Surprised they dident put that one up yet.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 04:04:12 PM »
Well, DOnkey Kong 64, I don't know. I mean, after Nintendo's "affair" with Rareware. But it could happen, since DK is a licesend by Nintendo.

But yeah, where are our N64 games. It seems like we haven't gotten one in AGES!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 04:05:09 PM »
Why was that game made? More to the point, why were there so many games with people who look like Mario in the old NES Nintendo games?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 04:44:34 PM »
Because they are Mario.  Miyamoto originally envisioned Mario as having a role in all sorts of games, and that's exactly what happened.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 06:51:16 PM »
Yeah, the only NES character who only looked like mario, but wasn't mario was the balloon fight guy.

Print