Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Yoshi's Island, Rainbow Ride returning in Brawl  (Read 20914 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »
Smash Bros. Dojo returns from its week-long vacation with news of more Super Smash Bros. Melee stages returning in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Five stages were revealed today, including Yoshi's Island and Rainbow Ride (known as Rainbow Cruise in SSBM).

Source: Smash Bros. Dojo

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »
YES!!! Rainbow Ride is one of my favorite stage's in Melee! Now if only they could return Flat Zone...

(Flat Zone is Mr.Game&Watch's home stage)
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 07:09:54 PM »
I like the Mario courses better. It's nice they're brought back. When I check the Brawl website, I wake up early in the morning.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »
When I check the Brawl website, I wake up early in the morning.

Er... Checking the site causes you to wake up early?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:34:12 AM »
I'm quite enjoying the lack of Yoshi's Story elements in Brawl...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 03:04:28 PM »
Er, I always thought Melee Yoshi's Island was "Super Mario World stage". Same overworld look and music. ...oh, duh, the first world in Super Mario World was Yoshi's Island. Darn it, there have been too many Yoshi's Islands throughout the series. So in Brawl, we have SMW1 Island, SMW2 Island... and Melee had Yoshi's Story Island, which I hope never makes a return (stage was too small).

Cool, Onett's back! Seems they're really holding onto the EarthBound references. I don't think there's any stronger references to EB than in the Smash Bros. series. You'd think Nintendo would release the actual games, then. We did eventually see some Fire Emblem games after all.

Still waiting for Brinstar Depths (it's Norfair, gosh darn it! Norfair's below Brinstar, entrance to Norfair is close to where Kraid is, and you're using the Norfair music! Get it right!). Not my favorite stage to battle on, but it had Kraid and wonderful music.
You didn't say wot wot.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 07:50:55 PM »
brinstar has already been revealed:
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 08:51:37 PM »
Still waiting for Brinstar Depths
Sorry, man. It's not in. The only past stages in are
  • Brinstar
  • Corneria
  • Onett
  • Rainbow Ride
  • Temple
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Big Blue
  • Green Greens
  • Jungle Japes
  • Pokémon Stadium
No Smash stages at all... only Melee stages, and the new Brawl ones.
It's YOUR problem!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 09:54:03 PM »
Sorry, man. It's not in. The only past stages in are
  • Brinstar
  • Corneria
  • Onett
  • Rainbow Ride
  • Temple
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Big Blue
  • Green Greens
  • Jungle Japes
  • Pokémon Stadium
I'm kinda happy to see that the Ice Climber's melee stage isnt back
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »
Don't worry; that one DK Jungle stage is taking its place.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
At least we got Onett and Temple back. And Corneria's basically the Great Fox from the first Smash Bros with a different background (an old favorite of mine precisely because of its size, which is why I moved to Temple when Melee came around).

...Big Blue? Woot!

DK Jungle stage... I have a sinking feeling that's the stage with the gosh-awful DK Rap music.

And although some Melee stages aren't returning, their music is.

EDIT: Just tried Melee again. Even today it looks fantastic. One of my favorite pasttimes was looking at every nook and cranny of each Trophy, just to see to what extent details were added. Such as seeing Fox's shirt beneath his coat, or Falco's tongue, or the detailed irises for several character's eyes. Even Bowser, in his mouth you can see the gums and tongue. So if Brawl's characters are even more detailed, I can't wait to see what they look like upon close inspection.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, Melee had a "F-Zero Racers" trophy, showing all 30 (or close to it) F-Zero racers as one trophy. I hope to see more out-of-control trophies like that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:52:29 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »
The DK Rap is seemingly absent from Brawl (I'm pleased, too... it gives us the brain damage). Brawl has the Mona Pizza song from WarioWare: Twisted!

Pollyanna (the alternate for Onett) is in, but I haven't heard it. I hope they didn't mangle it with the artificial music they've been sticking into the orchestrated pieces from Melee (Bein' Friends, the default for Onett, has it pretty bad).

Heheh, I've had my sessions of edging into characters' mouths to see the tooth texture, as well. It's kind of weird-looking for Zelda.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »

No Smash stages? Darn it. I have been hoping they would bring back some of the other older ones, but I guess not.

Mabey we can re-create them  in the stage builder..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 04:36:35 PM »
Yeah, I guess. Hyrule Castle will be easiest, probably... but no tornadoes.

In my opinion, they chose the worst stages to bring from Smash to Melee. Dream Land is Battlefield, Yoshi's Island is Battefield with more space, some clouds and annoyed pr0s, and Kongo Jungle isn't very exciting. The Mushroom Kingdom*, Hyrule Castle and Saffron City should've come back.

*Or at least the Melee one could've had the working pipes. I love those.
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »
Saffron City? What did that look like?

Print