Print

Author Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games sells 5 million worldwide  (Read 7130 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: March 05, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »
SEGA announced today that Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii and DS have combined for five million copies sold globally. On November 6 in North America, Mario & Sonic met for the first time in the Wii version, which was among the ten best selling games in December. According to the press release, the game saw even more success in Europe: "Mario & Sonic became the best-ever performing Wii game over the seven-day period that ended on December 11, 2007. In January, Mario & Sonic was the best-selling video game in England across all formats."

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »
Wow...really? I didn't think it'd be that big. I guess people really did want to see Mario vs. Sonic...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 09:24:48 PM »
...And then Twilight Princess sells, like, five million. You know what I'm going to say here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »
...And then Twilight Princess sells, like, five million. You know what I'm going to say here.
acctually, I don't know what your going to say
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »
No, the true casuals stick to Wii Sports.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:16:49 PM »
Never would have predicted this. Seemed like an April Fools joke when first announced, looked lame (come on, it's just Track and Field and Olympics events with Nintendo characters! Nevermind that Camelot can turn any sport into gold by throwing Mario into it... this is the Olympics we're talking about!). If there was any doubt before that Mario and Sonic have finally stopped being bitter rivals (in that they can stand to be next to eachother now), I think that's all gone now. I'm reduced to saying: good job for making the game popular, I'll never play it but I'll never say bad things about it either.

...whoa, did Europe never get Mario Golf or Mario Tennis? Shoot! Those were great games. Let's hope you'll see them on Virtual Console.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print