Print

Author Topic: Mario Super Sluggers Announced for North America  (Read 8837 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: April 10, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »
Nintendo of America announced Mario Super Sluggers today at its media summit. First revealed in Japan in October 2007, Mario's first baseball game for Wii is a follow-up to Mario Superstar Baseball for GameCube.

Link: NOA Press Release

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 04:49:22 PM »
The new name sounds a lot like Super Mario Strikers. I hope this is better than Mario Superstar Baseball, it was good, but got waaay to repetitive.
I really don't care much for logic.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 07:38:07 PM »
Im sure it will just be Super Mario Strikers but with motion control.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 09:09:46 PM »
Super Mario Sluggers? I hope Mario doesn't carry a gun in this game...

Well, I guess the Wii remote's motion control could make things kinda interesting.

(Isn't a bit weird how Mario Tennis and golf haven't made their debut on the Wii yet? Not like I want them to, but those are usually the first ones to get made)
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
Super Mario Sluggers? I hope Mario doesn't carry a gun in this game...

Well, I guess the Wii remote's motion control could make things kinda interesting.

(Isn't a bit weird how Mario Tennis and golf haven't made their debut on the Wii yet? Not like I want them to, but those are usually the first ones to get made)

1) I think it has to do with Camelot being a bit busy with other projects right now

2) Why wouldn't you want them to?! Those are the only two mario sport titles worth playing, the others (like this) are made by teams of developers that can't capture the mario flavor and good gameplay. I will never backdown the assertion that Nintendo should let Camelot handle all Mario Sport titles.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 01:47:54 PM »

I remember seeing an article on IGN saying how Camelot might not make Wii sequels to those, but it was a long time ago.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 01:48:07 PM »
2) Why wouldn't you want them to?! Those are the only two Mario sport titles worth playing, the others (like this) are made by teams of developers that can't capture the Mario flavor and good gameplay. I will never backdown the assertion that Nintendo should let Camelot handle all Mario Sport titles.

It's not that they were bad games, but I'm just tired of seeing Mario spinoff games every year while an original Mario Platformer graces us once per system. Plus, after 5 tennis games, I think the developers would be running out of ideas. That is, with the exception of the Mario Kart games.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »
I hardly see a point in any of this when you have Wii Sports...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 12:51:53 AM »
Well, the characters have limbs... that's a start.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 02:49:05 AM »
Well, the characters have limbs... that's a start.

Haha, that's a selling point right there!
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print