Print

Author Topic: Guitar Hero: On Tour  (Read 4250 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: May 07, 2008, 05:32:52 PM »
What do you guys think about this game, are any of you going to get it?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:47:45 PM »
I might get it pending on how it plays.
Ditto used Machop!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »
After all of the stuff I've heard about it, I'm most likely going to avoid playing it entirely. Guitar Hero with only four buttons is way too easy.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »
I still have to get a console GH title. Preferably GH3 on the Wii.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 06:49:01 AM »
With this and Guitar Hero Mobile, the GH series is jumping the shark.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »
I wouldn't say so, although it's close to it. This is pretty much Guitar Hero: Nickelodeon Edition or whatever. Four buttons, crappy mostly-pop-and-recycled-songs soundtrack (almost none of the songs exclusive to this version have any sort of notable, unique or challenging-sounding guitar lines, although there are quite a few good songs), and it's on DS. Still, I'll probably get it, depending on price.
every

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »
From the songs that I've heard will be on it, I can honestly say I don't care for any of the songs on it so far.
Ditto used Machop!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »
It's a great idea, but the lack of awesome songs, and the lack of a button are serious turn offs. I'll probably decide upon the price, or even wait a little while. Of course, on the release of GH:OT, Rock Band Wii comes out, so I think the better choice is clear.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 03:32:53 AM »
After all of the stuff I've heard about it, I'm most likely going to avoid playing it entirely. After I pirate it, I still wouldn't have the peripheral so I couldn't play.

I will buy it.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 09:55:17 PM »
"Fixing" a quote from me to include piracy fails utterly because I wouldn't waste a little over a third of my daily bandwidth downloading a useless ROM of a game I don't want to play. I meant exactly what I said in my post - I won't buy it even if I have the $50 to do so when it comes out, largely because of the lack of the fifth button on the awkward-looking peripheral.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 03:36:17 AM »
What gets me wondering is, will there be an awkward no-peripheral control scheme for poor people like in the console versions?
every

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 04:46:08 AM »
Most likely not, since there's no way to get the game or peripheral seperately from each other. But I guess they could future-proof it for the circumstance of a sequel coming out and people who got that first wanting the first game cheaper with no peripheral. But they shouldn't do that, to keep built-in piracy prevention.

And if WarpWrattler is freaking out this much about 4 buttons, he must absolutely abhor GuitarFreaks.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 08:30:56 AM »
Other than the three-button peripheral, why would I have any reason to abhor a game I've never played and probably never will because the closest arcade to me that has any rhythm games other than DDR is about three hours away?

I could see how a non-peripheral control scheme that also caters to lefties (me being one is another part of the reason I don't want to try the peripheral, since I don't play with Lefty Flip turned on in console Guitar Hero games but would have to on the portable version or else put some points into Ambidexterity) would work by utilizing the face buttons...but yes, it would take away the built-in anti-piracy, and it would probably be more awkward than the peripheral. Of course, they could do something like what Square-Enix did with Ring of Fates (though coding it better so that it activates at the menu instead of some time into the game, affects the Cyclo and other newer devices that people are actually using, and isn't made useless within a week of release) instead of forcing consumers to give up choice of control scheme for portability.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 08:41:14 AM »
I don't think the game would unfun, per se, but it's just that you can't build up a franchise on the gimmick of having a guitar-shaped control and then have a have a game where you play it like an accordian.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print