Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi 3 Coming in 2009  (Read 72351 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:49:21 AM »
Nintendo's 2008 conference has just ended in Japan, where they revealed an upgraded Nintendo DS model called the DSi. Among the new games revealed is the third installment of the Mario & Luigi series, tentatively titled "Mario & Luigi RPG 3." Short gameplay clips can be seen in NCL's DS lineup video.

Here are a few stills from the Mario & Luigi RPG 3 footage:
 - Rolling Toad
 - The brothers' shell attack
 - Bowser in a battle

Link: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/index.html
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:41:25 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:15:13 AM »
:O :O :O

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a PLAYABLE BOWSER I see in the video? All of the evidence seems to point towards it...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:32:42 AM »
It would also appear we are getting an updated Mario Paint:

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:41:59 AM »
Nintendo somehow got inexplicably awesome and decided not to tell anyone until now. Weird.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 03:27:10 AM »
Nintendo somehow got inexplicably awesome and decided not to tell anyone until now. Weird.
Of course they didn't tell anyone. It's in Japan. Japan gets the cool stuff, we don't. Or if we do, it's much later and we probably won't get the same promotional bonuses if any.

Then there was when Metroid Prime got an upgrade in Japan, where it gained a "Hard" mode and speech for scanned objects.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:04:45 AM »
Well, PiT didn't exactly blow me a way, so... we'll see (I haven't watched the vids yets, so I'm not going to say too much).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »
:DDDDDDDDDD  This is the best news I've heard in a while!

Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:40:30 AM »
Awesome! Nate Bihldorff is going to have a field day.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 07:54:36 AM »
Those enemies in the shell attack screen shot are clearly under the employ of Fawful. :D

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 08:18:07 AM »
Those enemies in the shell attack screen shot are clearly under the employ of Fawful. :D
I hope Fawful makes an appearance.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »
Them under his control leads me to think, uh, yeah he is. If he isn't THE main antagonist, he'll at least be a major part of the story.

A clearer shot of said enemies.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 08:30:36 AM »
Whoa, does this mean that Mario and Luigi have separate inventories? And what's that moon-Mushroom meter in the corner?

I wonder what role Bowser will play in this game-- Peach is kidnapped by Fawful and Bowser wants her back?
Or will it be temporary playability, like in PMTTYD?

Also: the Nintendo DS is now the first system to have more than one Mario RPG made specifically for it.

EDIT:
Looks like Mario and Luigi are controlled as normal, but Bowser gets the X and Y buttons.
And Bowser accidentally eats the Mario Bros.

And the plot seems to involve the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom getting inflicted with a curse or disease that makes them fat.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:53:41 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »
I am possessive of the excitementness!
But wait, will I be able to play this on my original DS or will I need to buy a DSi?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »
Looks like all the DSi stuff is compatible with normal DSes. (I'm assuming that's the case with stuff like Mario Paint anyway, it just won't have camera functionality.)
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 12:18:50 PM »
Well, if DS games are compatible with both the original ad DS lite, I would think they'd be compatible with this, too.  And the DS lite didn't have any format-exclusive games... they were all just for the DS, not "DS lite" or "DS original."  But the camera functionality probably wouldn't be there (but then, Chupperson already said that, didn't he?).  I personally will be sticking with my DS lite.  I need the GBA slot to Pal Park Pokemon (try saying that ten times fast), and I can't justify having two versions of the same system.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print