Print

Author Topic: Imagine if we ended up with Centaur Mario  (Read 16270 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: February 24, 2009, 04:21:26 PM »
An early idea for a Mario Power Up in SMB3 was Centaur Mario. What would his powers be?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 04:24:42 PM »
The Centaur Flash!

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 04:26:35 PM »
I dunno... He would be able to use astrology to predict a safe path through dangerous levels.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 04:55:44 PM »

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »
Why isn't the Toad Suit there?

Speaking of, what would Toad Suit's power be?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »
The toad suit could give super strength and speed at the cost of jumping power.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 08:46:47 PM »
Why isn't the Toad Suit there?

Speaking of, what would Toad Suit's power be?
The ability to flip people off and say "Thank you, Mario, but the princess is in another castle."
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:00:53 PM »
Perhaps Toad Mario could turn the tables on Bowser's minions by posing as an innocent Mushroom Retainer and reciting the inevitable "THANK YOU GOOMBA! BUT OUR MARIO IS IN ANOTHER LEVEL". We should just be grateful that Tanooki Mario's abilities had nothing to do with the actual creatures of Japanese folklore, which apparently crushed people with their disproportionately large set of... never mind. Google "Tanuki" for further enlightement.

EDIT: I suppose somebody beat me to the joke. Ah well.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »
Wasn't the Toad Suit just a misinterpretation of the hammer bro suit found while rom diving?
Weegee, Tanuki were also able to change shape with leaves.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »

I can't find an icon of the Hammer Suit but I do know it doesn't have a mouth. This is obviously a Toad Suit.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »
I don't think that's OBVIOUSLY a Toad suit. That could even be a construction worker.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 10:23:22 PM »
The Centaur suit would probably be like yoshi, were you can stomp on pointy stuff such as spinies.  Also, you would be able to run slightly faster.  You might even give a second player a ride.
Victory... is my destiny!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 10:28:14 PM »
I don't think that's OBVIOUSLY a Toad suit. That could even be a construction worker.
It's a coal miner doing Aladdin cosplay.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 10:41:29 PM »
Chup's right; when you get the Hammer Suit from the big block in 7-8, that "Toad Suit" sprite is what comes out of the block. Probably a palette issue.

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »
That factoid may be worth adding to TMK's Super Mario Bros 3 "Lost Levels" page...
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print