Print

Author Topic: Should Waluigi just die?  (Read 59299 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:16 PM »
What has he done for the MU (Mario Universe)?

Nothing. So why do we even have him around? The reason Wario was born was to give Mario a separate villain for the Super Mario Land games. Of course, Nintendo decided to give Wario his own series of games which were awesome until they decided to give him that ridiculous factory that needs to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, but that's not my main point.

Outside of spinoff games, Waluigi has not been in any canonical games. If he won't show up in any, why bother keeping him? He is worthless and just there for the sake of there being a twisted evil clone of Luigi.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »
Wario Ware is awesome and not a disgrace to the Wario series.

Waluigi is funny in my opinion. I think they should keep him around; besides, it's not like he's hurting anyone. If you feel like he's destroying the Mario series, go outside and protest or something.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »
Oh yeah! Let's have a road trip to Kyoto!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:19:48 PM »
Tv_Themes, you're a very face-value person, aren't you?

I don't want Waluigi to ever be playable in a main Mario or Wario game. But he's great as a character... to make fun of. Even Martinet says he voices Waluigi with the theme being self-pity. If you ever played Mario Party 4 with me and Captain Jim, you'd understand.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »
I honestly don't care about his opinion of Waluigi. I'm just wondering why he hates Wario Ware so much. Sure, it's a tad annoying and the characters are highly underdeveloped (aside from Wario), but the game itself is extremely entertaining.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:37:47 PM »
The Wario Ware saga just came from out of nowhere. A greedy man who is already famous and popular for going on epic treasure hunts just all of a sudden opens up a factory producing mini games, things the Mario Universe already had thanks to Mario Party.

It's like if Pokemon just decides to start a game about cooking Hamburgers made out of Tauros'  and Miltanks. It would be Pikachu's job to place the lettuce, pickle, mayo, mustard, ketchup and a bun all before the burger hits the end of the packing machine.

There was nothing wrong with Wario Land. People must have been buying it if it made it up to #4 and it must have been missed or they didn't come up with Wario Land: Shake It. It seems to me people buy the Wario Ware titles because it's Nintendo, nothing can go wrong with them! That's why the main Pokemon games keep selling. Have you played them all? Its the exact same story, some kid just collects 8 Badges but has to stop an "evil" team from doing something that would actually be awesome horrible but nobody learns anything in the process. Then, when they get the badges they can now battle the Elite 4 and when they do that, Battle Tower time (like the repetitive battling wasn't already there).

In addition, Wario showing himself off as a professional businessman is not what I ever saw Wario becoming. Wario is a greedy, lazy son of a female dog. Lazy people don't work for their money, they steal it. Also, to run a business, you need to be smart. When was it ever shown that Wario has the knowledge to run a bloody factory?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 10:43:14 PM »
The Wario Land/whatever games were/are fun, but Mario's got platformers taken care of, so Wario's handling a separate franchise/genre. As for Waluigi, he is one-dimensional and created solely as an accomplice to Wario in spin-offs, but I don't really hate him.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 11:20:58 PM »
In addition, Wario showing himself off as a professional businessman is not what I ever saw Wario becoming. Wario is a greedy, lazy son of a female dog. Lazy people don't work for their money, they steal it. Also, to run a business, you need to be smart. When was it ever shown that Wario has the knowledge to run a bloody factory?

Have you played the games? Wario doesn't work! He uses his friends as tools to make money, which he tries to run off with. Usually he's eating pastries or something when you see him. Which is not "professional business man working".
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:42:41 AM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 11:40:05 PM »
I disagree with Tv_Themes' statement that you need to be smart to run a business. Furthermore, WarioWare didn't replace the Wario Land games. It just happens to be another series featuring Wario. Another series highly superior to the Wario Land series. Also your analogy of WarioWare vs. Pokemon Burgers doesn't make any sense. WarioWare isn't a spinoff of Wario Land. It is a completely separate entity. Heck, the only thing they have in common is Wario. And even then, only Wario's face. So forget they even have Wario in them and accept them for the fun fun games they are.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 12:22:43 AM »
You hate WarioWare because of the story rationale? What the heck!?

The first WarioWare was exceedingly brilliant, clever, witty, humorous, creative, cute, fun, and was almost a new genre! A real top-notch game.

Then, unlike Pokemon, each new WarioWare was still insanely creative. Five games and they have never even used the same control input device. Smooth Moves did stuff with the Wii that still no one else has.

WarioWare ranks in the highest tier of things Nintendo has ever put out.

Oh, and then that team went and did the Rhythm Heaven games, which are even better, putting those easily in the top tier of games made ever by anyone.

So, sorry Tv_Themes. You're really really wrong.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »
I hope Captain Jim doesn't read that post.

More to the point, I don't think it would kill Nintendo to put Waluigi in a WarioWare/Wario Land game.  I don't think it would kill them to kill him either.  If they're going to keep him around, though, he needs to be in a non-spinoff game eventually.

I don't really care what happens to him as long as he's not kept in purgatory.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »
Another series highly superior to the Wario Land series

Blasphemy. They're incomparable.

Anyway, I have no beef with Waluigi serving the role he was created for, but unlike others I feel he has enough potential to appear in a game other that a sports/party spinoff, like an RPG perhaps. Even if it's a non-playable role.

Then again, there haven't been any Mario spinoffs out recently, so I guess if they don't use him elsewhere, he'll just....not appear until the next spinoff. :p

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »
Waluigi is the definition of filler character. I have no beef with him popping up in Mario sports and party titles. That's his role.

I do however, have a problem with people who claim he's either 1) a good character or 2) an interesting character. He's been around for at least a decade now and what do we know of him? He doesn't like Luigi. Oh boy, isn't that something. At least Wario has become his own man. Waluigi has done nothing to stand out from the cast and remains the same inverted stereotype he was when he first debuted.

I would probably be indifferent if he was killed off or not, but if they want to keep him around, at least give him something to add to his profile aside from Wario's eternal partner in multiplayer mode.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Sqrt2

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 04:53:55 PM »
I'd like to see him outside of the spin-off games, maybe in Luigi's next solo adventure (if he has one). Otherwise, I'd like to see him killed off (and the same goes for Daisy as well).
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »
Daisy has been in more than just spinoffs though (at least one more..) Remember Super Mario Land? That's one more than Waluigi has had. I don't hate any of the 'just spinoff' characters, since they could be thrown into any other game and given a chance for character development.

I am all for more playable characters, as long as it doesn't involve 3 forms of Mario, and Petey Pirahna. Bluh!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print