Print

Author Topic: New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat hits stores in North America  (Read 7133 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:43:36 PM »
DK revisits the jungle in New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, released today for Wii. Originally released on the GameCube, Jungle Beat joins the "New Play Control!" series at an MSRP of $29.99.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:11:56 PM by Deezer »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 03:49:50 PM »
I am VERY against rereleasing Gamecube games for the Wii (because the Gamecube games were already playable on the Wii to begin with) but if I can afford this, I might get it. One thing that turned me off the first time Jungle Beat game out was having to use the bongo's to control DK (another thing I thought was a stupid, gimmicky add-on). Now, I won't need to use those.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »
...why are you against releasing Gamecube games for the Wii? You make it sound like it's a political subject.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »
From what I've read, there's enough changes to make this like a different game. I say it's an improvement and I'll likely pick it up.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »
Is Nintendo really getting desperate for money or something? If Nintendo wants to keep the Gamecube alive than they should just lend more support to it not release their games on the next console after the console it was just released on. That would defeat the purpose of the new console.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 07:57:20 PM »
From what I've read, there's enough changes to make this like a different game. I say it's an improvement and I'll likely pick it up.

Pay attention.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 03:06:24 PM »
$30? Killer. I actually protested DKJB at some point (yeah...DKUism), but when I finally played it on the Gamecube I thought it was fantastic. I just hope this Wii port is every bit as fun as the GC version.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 05:08:54 PM »
A Game Boy Player Wii Control would be good.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »
Or maybe a Super Gameboy Player, that way you can create your own color combos, just like on the original SGB. The SGB was limited, sure, but was still great..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 05:11:48 PM »
I luvs mah SGB.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 04:53:22 PM »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »
I found a Super Game Boy at Goodwill last year for 5 bucks.  Let's just say it was worth it.  Those games sound so much better on a home console adapter.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
What game(s) specifically? I have more GameBoy games than anyone here and that reason and the fact that I became very interested in how the SGB works so I created the database. You will never find another more complete.

Print