Print

Author Topic: Tatanga  (Read 15880 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:19:59 PM »
Aren't you glad he was given the boot? He had no business anywhere in the MU. He wasn't even a threat, he was a little wimp.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:24:26 PM »
He appeared in two games. What's there to say about him?

Then again, he was the first spacefaring Mario character, the first alien in the series, the first one to kidnap a princess other than Bowser, the villain of the first handheld Mario game (unless Game + Watch counts), and the boss of a type of stage that's only appeared in one Mario game to date: shumps (and it was AWESOME).

So yeah. This is what you have to consider. Would I like to see him again? Yes, especially if it meant getting another Mario shmup. Would I be devastated if he didn't? Nah. Though it does seem a bit dumb that he got left out of SMG. Maybe he'll appear in SMG2 or another possible sequel...

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:27:02 PM »
TV_Themes, is there a character you like? Seriously, all you ever do is complain about certain characters.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »
He's also a rather central part of the only clear multi-game story arc in the series, so that's pretty special.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 05:55:37 PM »
That Katsini guy from Wario's Woods SNES also bears an odd resemblance to Tatanga, albeit with a suit and blonde hair on his head.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »
the first one to kidnap a princess other than Bowser

I didn't know Bowser was a princess. That must be where all the Koopalings came from! I wonder who the lucky father is..?

Now that I think about it, the SMG games would be an awesome way to bring back classic game characters that have been 'forgotten' or otherwise given the boot. Tatanga, The Angry Sun, Rapheal the Raven, the Shroobs.. Not that I want the SMG games to become a melting pot, but a lot of Nintendo's earlier villians would work really well in the series.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »
TV_Themes, is there a character you like? Seriously, all you ever do is complain about certain characters.

I like Wario, he's actually my favorite character. I always chose him in Mario Kart & Mario Party. I one day dreamed of him appearing in Super Smash Bros using such attacks like the Dragon Hat and Bull Rush. I grew up on Wario Land.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »
Heck, I'd like to see him again. What was the other game he was in?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »
Holy cow, I totally agree with Toad's idea of bringing back those guys.
Tv_Themes is just a wrong person.
Brian: Tatanga shows up in SML2 in the space area.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »
I didn't know Bowser was a princess. That must be where all the Koopalings came from! I wonder who the lucky father is..?

Hardy har har.

I was raised on Wario Land also, but you don't see me acting like Wario's biker getup is the bane of human existence, do you? What I'd like to see is Wario wearing his biker suit in his next platformer game. That'll tie everything together nicely.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 09:50:16 PM »
Tatanga would fit perfectly in SMG2, though the chances of him ever appearing again are slim.
Victory... is my destiny!

Sqrt2

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 05:19:52 PM »
though the chances of him ever appearing again are slim.

*wishes the same fate would befall Petey Pirahna*

Anyway, I thought Tangata was an OK boss (better than fighting Bowser at the end of each game).

I think he (along with Wart) should have another appearence, just so that it doesn't get boring.
AA fanboy and proud!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 07:20:30 PM »
Tatanga was a freaking shrimp. I'll bet Mario thought he was getting ready to fight a menacing terrifying alien, boy was he disappointed. Wario was a much better SML villain, of course we know where he ended up.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »
Could kindly back your fragging opinion up with something other than conjecture? You sound like some ten-year-old YooToober.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »
Of all the classic characters who deserves a comeback, I'd say it's Tatanga. Cool name, great redesign potential. There are no other alien regulars. I don't think he has much potential in the main series, which is mostly what I care about, but he'd be a better Kart character than Birdo... So would E. Gadd... Especially if they went in the Mario Kart DS direction* again, with everyone having a selection of three customized karts. Gadd would have a field day with that, and Tatanga would obviously have karts that resembled spacecrafts, maybe even a hovering kart.

Super Mario Land was a dreadful game if you ask me though.

*How on Earth did they go from Mario Kart being as in-depth and innovating as to give every kart an item rating to being so flat and boring that your character is almost a featureless pawn? After unlocking the option to seat any character in any kart in DS, it becomes that way I guess, but the lack of personalized karts in MKW is a huge let-down. Sorry to get off-topic and complain about something unrelated to the original subject; I am the only one around here who does that and I am not aware of how annoying it is, especially since I complain about the same things repeatedly.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print