George
5 (33.3%)
Ringo
2 (13.3%)
Deezer
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Print

Author Topic: Weegee's Dual #1: The Beatles  (Read 6576 times)

« on: July 26, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »
Everybody has one. Who's yours?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »
I'm partial to the Multicolored Asian Lady Beetle.
Sadly, I've started a meme.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »
Really? But nobody likes Yoko!

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »
Yeah yeah yeah

I voted Ringo. I hear he was a shy kinda guy, but very popular. Kinda like me. :p
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 05:20:55 PM »
George, Ringo, and Paul were the only talented ones, but I don't really like Paul. And Ringo didn't sing or write enough.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
All loved all three except Ringo. Ringo never really made great music... or anything. He was talented.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 05:41:49 PM »
George, Ringo, and Paul were the only talented ones, but I don't really like Paul. And Ringo didn't sing or write enough.

John was the best songwriter. I would have voted for him if he weren't such as ass later in life.

except Ringo.
Ringo never really made great music... or anything.
He was talented.

Wait, what?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »
To any Ringo haters: go try and play drums as tightly as Ringo Starr and then come back and talk again. And Lennon's songwriting was pretty much proof that he could vomit nonsense on vinyl and hippies would eat it like psychoactive candy. He probably could have written better, but he didn't come close to George and Paul's songwriting.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »
George's songwriting during the band's later years wildly fluctuated between being good ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Here Comes the Sun", etc.) and album-hurtingly awful ("Love You To", "Within You Without You", "The Inner Light", "Piggies", etc.).

Ringo... err... "Octopus' Garden", lol

Paul was probably the better half of Lennon/McCartney during the Beatles' time, but there's little question in my mind that John's solo works were more sophisticated and mature than Paul's.

Bottom line on the songwriting debate: Lennon/McCartney was better than Lennon or McCartney.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »
All loved all three except Ringo. Ringo never really made great music... or anything. He was talented.

...what?

I'm partial to John. His music was brilliant and I can relate to him personally.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 07:30:58 PM »
Paul, but George deserves honorable mention for "Taxman."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »
John, Paul, and Ringo formed the backbone of the band musically by playing rhythm guitar, bass, and drums respectively.  This allowed George to explore his role as lead guitarist.  It's hard to say who was the best song writer, but we can count Ringo out since he rarely wrote.  He was still the excellent drummer that the Beatles required.  John and Paul mostly wrote together which gave George further room to explore song writing on his own.  John was a natural philosopher and artist that brought creativity to the Beatles.  His "art" was balanced by Paul's musicianship.  John and Paul wrote some very good songs together.  George, on the other hand, was able to write great songs around his lead guitar almost completely alone.  He was also the one to do the most/best after the band for this reason.  Ringo hadn't trained himself to write, and  Paul's writings were simple to the point of almost boring (which is why they were so popular) without John's creativity, but George became a well round song writer and musician even though he didn't have any hit songs with the Beatles.  In the end, the band would have never been nearly as popular without John (or Paul for that matter), but still, I'm picking George as my favorite overall.  By the way, if there is any truth to this paragraph that is great, but in the end it's just some stuff I've gleamed from only a surface knowledge of the band and could therefor it could all be crap.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »
George was always the best. Ringo is cool too (on account of about 3 songs). John and Paul were and are kind of annoying.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 07:19:28 AM »
I voted Yoko Ono since she's the only good member they ever had back when they did the CSI theme song and made cool music for video games.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 11:50:24 AM »
Glorb is the Ringo Starr of trolling.

Print