Print

Author Topic: NOA May Reprint Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii  (Read 10474 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »
Nintendo of America recently revealed that it may reprint Super Mario All-Stars: 25th Anniversary Edition, but stopped short of actually committing to a rerelease.  In an e-mail to Wired Game|Life, NOA PR director Marc Franklin said:

We are gratified by the consumer response to this limited-edition product, which we created to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. game on NES . . . Because of the strong response, we are exploring the option of bringing this item back at a later date . . . Until that decision is made, consumers should check with retailers, as supplies will vary by store."

Since its release in mid-December, the Wii edition of the SNES Mario anthology has been lambasted by critics as being overpriced, but remains consistently sold out in stores and fetches an absurdly high price on the secondary market.  A new print run of the title would seem to be a sure bet for NOA, but who knows what lurks in the mind of Reggie...

Source: Wired Game|Life
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »
Reprint? Why? The game is nothing new, unless you somehow missed the original Snes release, the GBA versions, or the Wii release.

Now, if they plan on releasing the one with SMW remixed in there..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
Really hoping that this version will be All-Stars+World!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:50:15 AM »
You guys do know what a reprint is, right?

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 05:38:33 AM »
It sounds to me like a re-release of the exact same game. I guess I'm mistaken..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
Looks like Nintendo seeing what the fans deem as quality gaming.

Reprints are almost and mostly are the exact same release as the original game either offering 'revised' artwork, and or small bugfixes, though doubtful in this case if they want to retain the nature and original intent of Super Mario All-Stars.

Instead of a reprint, a re-issue with the inclusion of Super Mario World would be great, though doubtful.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 01:05:01 AM »
If they do rerelease, SMW's not likely to be included, as the most likely reason it wasn't included in the first place (besides loss of VC sales) is that the Spin Jump really has no appropriate button to be mapped to on the Wiimote.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 07:30:10 AM »
I thought it was because SMAS + SMW was never actually released in Japan.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »
A re-release...huh.

I'm unhappy that my bro wasted his money on that. I still have the ooold All-Stars and it works just as well. But brother bought this new game because a trusted pal told him a lie about better graphics...and possibly other things that weren't there. -_-

Well, lesson learned, and we're stuck with it. :P

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
If they do rerelease, SMW's not likely to be included, as the most likely reason it wasn't included in the first place (besides loss of VC sales) is that the Spin Jump really has no appropriate button to be mapped to on the Wiimote.

No, the reason SMW was not included is because Nintendo was being super cheap and they just slapped the original SNES release of SMAS onto a Wii disc. They put no effort into the game at all, though the box is nice.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 03:31:23 PM »
Why a reprint? Why don't they just emulate the original on VC?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 03:39:52 PM »
Because they could only charge eight to ten dollars for it then.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 10:17:34 PM »
The reprint is scheduled for March 13th now.

If you really want it, you better act fast before it flies off the shelves again.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 03:33:27 AM »
I'll stick with my cartridge.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 05:13:48 AM »
I'll stick with my Wii homebrew, playing the ROM of SMAS+W with a patch that fixes the brick physics for SMB and LL.

Or my cartridge.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print