Print

Author Topic: Steam IDs (& Portal 2 discussion)  (Read 16297 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:40:26 PM »

It's been mentioned several times, but nobody ever made a Steam thread so here it is. 

Steam is "a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute games and related media online, from small independent developers to larger software houses. Steam also has community features, automated game updates, and in-game voice and chat functionality."

"As of 2010, there are over 1,100 games available through Steam.[3] In January 2010 Valve claimed that it had surpassed 25 million active user accounts.[4] Although Valve never releases sales figures, Steam is estimated to have a 70% share of the digital distribution market for video games.[5]"

"Many major publishers have catalogs on Steam, including Electronic Arts, Activision, 2K Games, Ubisoft, THQ, Sega, Codemasters, id Software, LucasArts, Capcom, Rockstar Games, Square Enix and Bethesda Softworks."

New to Steam

Steam members
  • Post your Steam ID
  • Post your profile URL:  Steam > Settings > INTERFACE > Display Steam URL address bar when available
  • Discuss your favorite game(s) *cough* Portal 2
  • Discuss wishlists, future games, etc.
  • Buy, Sell, or Trade games
  • Play online multiplayer games *cough* *cough* Portal 2

Portal 2
As of this posting Portal 2 costs the following:

The cheapest way to get Portal 2 is via PC DVD for only $29.99, but the PS3 version comes with the Steam version so it is the better value (lol PSN being down).  If anyone has a copy of the PS3 version to sell let me know. 

I already gave away all my free copies of Steam games including Portal 1, but if anyone else has extras please post if you want to sell, trade, or simply gift them.   

Steam Group
TheMushroomKingdom.net (TMKer)

Steam IDs
Luigison: drshows http://steamcommunity.com/id/drshows
Turtlekid1: turtlekidx http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_truttle
PaperLuigi: Applejacked http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027577179
WarpRattler: WarpRattler http://steamcommunity.com/id/WarpRattler
ShadowBrain: Grey
Kimimaru: Kimimaru4000 http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040222688
CrossEyed7: CrossEyed7 http://steamcommunity.com/id/CE7
Lizard Dude: Lizard_Dude http://steamcommunity.com/id/LizardDude
Ultima Shadow: Walken http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004844609
BriGuy92: †<CC><BriGuy92  http://steamcommunity.com/id/briguy92
Toad: MarvinaMage  http://steamcommunity.com/id/MarvinaMage/
MEGAߥTE: _megabyte_
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:59:12 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »
I like how I actually want to play Portal 2 but unlike the first game which I had no real interest in, I don't see myself getting it for free any time soon.

I think my Steam ID is "Mr_Truttle."

The only games I've played on Steam so far are Portal, Aquaria, VVVVVV, and a demo of Audiosurf.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 04:59:21 PM »
Steam ID: Applejacked
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 05:39:54 PM »
Steam ID: WarpRattler
I'm also an admin for the TMK group.

If Frontier extends DSL service to where I live you'll probably see me playing a lot of TF2.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 05:58:58 PM »
Steam ID: Grey

I'm already in the group, but I haven't friended everybody, and I'm not sure if I should or not.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 07:17:30 PM »
Steam ID: Kimimaru4000

I downloaded it only for Super Meat Boy, so you might not see me on much at all unless I get more games.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:02:27 PM »
Turtlekid1: Mr_Truttle - No group or player records were found matching your search terms.

ShadowBrain: Grey - Is that what you want listed to stay semi-anonymous?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »
Weird.

Unless usernames are case-sensitive?

If not, I have no idea what the problem is...

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »
Steam ID: CrossEyed7
Turtlekid's Steam ID: turtlekidx
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 08:26:46 PM »
Okay, yeah.  That's weird.  The account name is different from the ID?

Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »
ShadowBrain: Grey - Is that what you want listed to stay semi-anonymous?
Sure, I guess.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 08:26:14 PM »
PSN is back.  Anyone link to Steam? 

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 03:12:41 AM »
I'm "Lizard_Dude", but don't expect to see me until I get a computer again.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 03:40:40 AM »
Steam ID: TheSteelShadow
Display name: Walken

Up for any games of BF2, L4D2, CS (any), GTAIV, Borderlands. Just expect me to lag like hell, playing in Australia does that.

And Portal 2 looks freaking beastly. Waiting for it to go down in cost, because thanks to all Aussie games being $90+ RRP Steam is by far the cheapest option for me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:10:16 AM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 05:15:27 AM »
Shadow, there are a lot of people called Walken on Steam.  I only saw one in Australia.  Is this you?  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004844609

I noticed this same problem with a few other profile names on Steam and Gamertags on Live.  I'll list/link profiles in the OP. 

You can make the URL show up in Staem by: 
Steam > Settings > INTERFACE > Display Steam URL address bar when available

In the future would anyone be opposed to a meta profile thread to include Fungi Forums, Steam, Live, PSN, Wii, and etc. usernames, profiles, tags, codes, and etc?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:59:26 AM by Luigison »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 10:57:24 AM »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/briguy92

I play a whole lot of things on Steam. Recently it's mostly been rhythm games.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 12:52:49 PM »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
Oh, I misread the news.  It's back in some regions. 

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 10:38:44 PM »
Just ordered a retail copy of Portal 2 through Amazon. Doesn't ship until the 7th, though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »
Yeah, dunno what that deal is for, but I snapped it right up. Of course, the savings were negated by me realizing right after the transaction that 3D Dot Game Heroes for $15 was too good to pass up...

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 04:09:27 AM »
Shadow, there are a lot of people called Walken on Steam.  I only saw one in Australia.  Is this you?  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004844609

Yup, thanks for the add btw. My ID is Thesteelshadow, I just included the display name so people will know who I am on their friends lists. Edited original post.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 06:57:55 PM »
Question: Why do only some of my Steam games have an option for DLC, but when I click it, it says "There is no downloadable content available for this game"?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 04:48:05 PM »
I've wondered the same thing.  Also some games like Portal have DLC in the game, but the DLC Steam page still gives that message. 

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »
I started playing Portal 2 on Saturday, and I think that's the longest I've played a game without turning off the system in recent memory. I mean, compared to some of you guys, I'm sure it's nothing, but I was on there from about five in the morning to two in the afternoon.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »
Last time I pulled that kind of thing was a few summers ago when I finished Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus in one sitting.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »
I played Twilight Princess until midnight on Christmas, because I had been grounded for something but my parents gave me the holiday "off". I don't remember when I started, but I think I got through all of Snowpeak Ruins and to the boss door of the Temple of Time.

Say, there wouldn't happen to be a "gaming marathons" thread around here, would there?

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »
I'll be going back to playing Team Fortress 2 in a couple of days. Dunno if anyone still plays that...
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 04:52:04 AM »
Question: Why do only some of my Steam games have an option for DLC, but when I click it, it says "There is no downloadable content available for this game"?

Depends on what the game is, but I think Steam doesn't count the DLC for certain games (for example, the L4D DLC) because it's not paid for. It shows up for Borderlands and Bad Company 2 on mine.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 12:13:35 AM »
"PARKER!"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 06:21:24 AM »
I like how Portal 2 runs better on my computer than the original Portal does.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »
Depends on what the game is, but I think Steam doesn't count the DLC for certain games (for example, the L4D DLC) because it's not paid for. It shows up for Borderlands and Bad Company 2 on mine.
On that note, I keep getting updates for Amnesia, but it won't tell me what they are.

Then again, maybe they did and I just... can't remember.

EDIT:

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:39:08 PM by ShadowBrain »

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »
Just offensive to orphans? Did they play coop? Portal 2 is offensive to humans.

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »
Really, what isn't offensive to orphans?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »
This is more related to the first Portal than Portal 2, but it's still totally cool.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »
Totally cool.  Anyone up for Portal 2 coop today?

Edit:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:17:35 AM by Luigison »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »
That would only be possible through console cheats because portals dissipate if the surface they're on begins to move.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxNudEkQ7B4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxNudEkQ7B4</a>.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2011, 11:16:08 AM »
console cheats
The video even starts with him jumping to a custom map using a console command.

Again, when playing without any of that turned on, portals dissipate automatically if the surface they're on begins to move, or if you place them on a surface that's already moving. There are several places where it's easy to show in the original Portal; for Portal 2, if nothing else, I can remember a couple of testchambers in chapters seven and eight that show it pretty well if you move quickly enough to place portals while the scripted event is occurring. Try playing one of those testchambers, then try playing it again after entering the console commands "sv_cheats 1" (to allow server cheats) and "sv_allow_mobile_portals 1"; to activate the command console, press the tilde key, and if it doesn't come up, go into Options -> Keyboard/Mouse and enable the developer console, then try tilde again.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
Captain Jim and I played through the first four courses in Portal 2 co-op last night. It was mad fun and actually surprisingly playable even with my lag. It helps that a lot of the puzzles in co-op aren't particularly reflex-based, and we got through a lot of the ones that were early on (before my lag started to become unbearable).

Highlights included us wasting time getting achievements for doing utterly silly things, Jim engaging in some Tactical Espionage Action that reminded me of one of my favorite sequences from the first game, and BWOP.

The GLaDOS dialogue for co-op is excellent as always, and Atlas and P-Body are adorable.

I'm eager to go back and play more, and I'd love to try to play co-op with some of you guys now that I know it's not the worst thing ever on my connection.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
Yeah, I gave co-op a shot with my brother at home last night. The aspect ratio on my crappy TV really takes a beating from the splitscreen, but we otherwise had a good time, and got all the way past the first three sets of test chambers.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/onewa1991

I play Terraria, VVVVVV... and Super Meat Boy, but only when I feel like sucking at a game more often than usual.
I'm a horrible person.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »
Zeno Clash is $3.75 for the weekend. The weird experience offered by this game is definitely worth that much.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 09:00:51 PM »
Steam ID: _megabyte_

I have the following games for trade:

Audiosurf
Bit.Trip Beat
Cogs
Dirt 3
Rush
Super Meat Boy
Toki Tori

Humble Indie Bundle #1 Pack [ World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, Penumbra ]
Humble Indie Bundle #2 Pack [ Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans ]
Humble Indie Bundle #3 Pack [ Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves ]

For the Humble Packs, if you take both #1 and #2, I can actually give you the entire account, not just the Steam codes.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:10:23 PM by MEGAߥTE »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:56 PM »
Giving away an entire account????????????

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 06:01:08 PM »
Entire Humble account, not Steam account, in case that's not clear.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
Thanks to EM* for Prince of Persia! 

*If memory serves.  How do I check my account to see how I received games?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »
Belated thanks to TEM for Portal (was that a bribe to get me to finish the CD?). Hopefully my computer will feel up to running a game some day soon.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
"My four-year-old son asked if this is the button we use to get the cubes."

http://imgur.com/zxrUp

Also, just got Steam on both my computers again and was disappointed at how many games don't have cloud saves.  Now I need to find some way to share saves Steam, Scumm, Chrome, Sims3, etc.) on both computers.  I also need to set shared cookies for some online games.  I'm fine with the old Windows sharing way though it's annoying, but my wife and daughter want/need it to be automatic. 

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:54 AM »
Captain Jim and I played more Portal 2 co-op last night to test out my new Internet. It works!

Too bad we couldn't finish playing, because it was 2 AM my time and one of the later maps ended up slowing to a crawl for both of us (Jim needed to update video drivers and my computer sucks).

Print