Print

Author Topic: Will there ever be a new Super Mario cartoon?  (Read 55744 times)

« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2013, 08:42:25 AM »
I stared at that, waiting for it to read "Mr. Potato Head"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2013, 03:58:17 PM »
Nintendo's demise because of the Wii U being a flop.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

edward1978

• Agent, US Department of the Redundancy Department
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2013, 06:09:55 PM »
Sonic X is still on the air, and Sonic is getting a another new cartoon.

I HATE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, I WANT SONIC DEAD!!!!!
Scratch that

I HATE THE NINTENDO EXCUTIVES, I WANT THEM DEAD!!!!!

They wont let Mario have a new cartoon, while Sonic has had what is now going to be five cartoons, all decent since the last Mario cartoon 22 years ago.

You want to know why this ****es me off, here is the reason why:

SUPER MARIO BROS.

Super Mario Bros. Super Show - Not decent because of first, the live action segments.  Now I praise Captain Lou Albano and Danny Wells for doing a superb job in their roles as Mario and Luigi respectably, but live action doesn't belong in a TV show based on a video game not to mention that Club Mario rubbish, remember that?  Second, the Legend of Zelda Cartoon, why can't Zelda have a seprate cartoon show not to mention Link saying EXCUUUUSE ME PRINCESS!!!!!

The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 - Not decent because of 11 minute episodes instead of regular 22 minute episodes, and the koopa kids having different names that in the games not to mention that Princess Toadstool (as Peach is called in the games) is a redhead instead of a blonde in the games.

Super Mario World - Not decent, same reasons as in TAoSMB3

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog (SatAM)
Sonic Underground
Sonic X - (It was supposed to go off for good back in September)
And now this new Sonic cartoon

All Sonic cartoons are decent because they all have 22 minute episodes, and are well animated

This is why I want a new Mario cartoon so badly, a new Mario cartoon that is well animated, with 22 minute episodes, and all Mario game characters that had never been in a Mario cartoon.  This would finally give Mario a decent cartoon that he so deserves.  Appearently the Nintendo excutives wants us Mario fans to be stuck with those terrible DIC cartoons, and that's why I want them gone.

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2013, 08:10:24 PM »
I guess so.

« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
Even KRBAY has a decent animation but Mario?
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »
King Reptile's Brilliantly Awesome Year
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »
KR Bay, Colonel's port for the shipping of bad ideas
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2013, 09:33:18 AM »

« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2013, 12:06:17 PM »
Hello! We here at Nintendo like to stay connected to our fans, so I'd like to address some of these concerns.

I HATE THE NINTENDO EXCUTIVES, I WANT THEM DEAD!!!!!

We're sorry to hear that! It is not within our policy nor our legal right to execute employees.

They wont let Mario have a new cartoon, while Sonic has had what is now going to be five cartoons, all decent since the last Mario cartoon 22 years ago.

We love our friends at Sega and love their animations as well, but I can understand your frustrations. In fact, many of these sentiments of wanting another Mario animation are shared by Nintendo employees! We've considered distributing either through traditional publishing networks or more recent options like Youtube for much of our content, but a new Mario cartoon was sadly out of the question due to some odd legal loopholes.

Specifically, after the release of Super Mario Brothers (the 1993 family comedy), an addition was made to employee contracts banning the use of scripts in Mario related media, which went fully into effect after 9 years. (This is why no Mario games have had writing in them after Super Mario Sunshine and all story related moments in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl were communicated visually instead of verbally). Only very recently has this been addressed, but redoing contracts for a company the size of Nintendo is a lengthy process, especially when it means reworking a policy we've had for over a decade! So please be patient with us.

This is why I want a new Mario cartoon so badly, a new Mario cartoon that is well animated, with 22 minute episodes, and all Mario game characters that had never been in a Mario cartoon.  This would finally give Mario a decent cartoon that he so deserves.  Appearently the Nintendo excutives wants us Mario fans to be stuck with those terrible DIC cartoons, and that's why I want them gone.

We're sorry you were unsatisfied with the quality of the cartoons produced by DIC. We had actually begun preliminary production work on a series of 11 minute Mario shorts (some of which would be released as a holiday sendoff for the Year of Luigi!), but after fans like you have expressed your issues with these shorter pieces of media, we've decided to indefinitely postpone them. Thank you so much for your valuable input! I hope I've helped clear up some of your concerns. Look forward to the future of Mario with Super Mario 3D World coming to North America on November 22!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:50:29 PM by Public_Relations »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »
Alright whose alt is this?

« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2013, 04:47:16 PM »
Anyone else feel... violated?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2013, 05:07:45 PM »
Wasn't me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »
It's totally A's alt.

« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2013, 08:48:11 AM »
That's what I said in the chatroom!

Print