Print

Author Topic: Society of the Forum Secret Keepers  (Read 49394 times)

« on: October 21, 2002, 02:40:10 PM »
This will be the Society of the Forum Secret Keepers. This is a list of the people who know forum secrets and what they know, along with their position in the Society

President CashCrazed:HTML, edit others' posts, reply to closed topics, post as others

Vice President Luigison:edit others' posts, reply to closed topics, close and delete topics, post as others

Council Member Fifth:HTML, edit others' posts, reply to closed topics

Council Member Chupperson Weird: HTML, edit others' posts, reply to closed topics

Council Member Watoad:HTML, edit others' posts, reply to closed topics

Common Member Insane Steve:edit others' posts, reply to closed topics

Common Member Lizard Dude:edit others' posts, reply to closed topics

Common Member *~*Stealth-LinK*~*:edit others' posts, reply to closed topics

Common Member Super Yoshi 7175:edit others' posts, reply to closed topics

Junior Member frostbite:reply to closed topics

See if you qualify for the SOTFSK!

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/20/2003 6:31:53 PM

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 07:29:15 PM »
Hope I didn't scare anyone there........Don't worry, these secrets are kept in good hands.

I hope this works. I especially hope I don't get in trouble for this...
~~Insane Steve

There's not really much point in editing other people's posts... unless you act as someone else's conscience...
Still, it's a pretty cool trick.
-Chupperson Weird

Yes,but we should not do this in the big forum as we may get in trouble for it. I didnt think I would figure it out first try!
-Super Yoshi 7175

You can count me in (FINALLY).
– Watoad

I should really be a Common Member.

-Lizard Dude

It shall be done.

-CW

Edited by - Chupperson WEIRD on 5/20/2003 6:22:59 PM

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 05:09:25 PM »
Too many loose ends in the forums. I can't **** any of you off now. You'll probably change my messages to, "I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven."

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #5:

[Suck compilation]

1.   You suck like a gay weasel.
2.   You suck like a very hungry infant.
3.   You suck so badly, your lips are chafed.
4.   You’re just a failure-fried pile of suck, with some Pity Sauce on the side, because the suck tastes so bad you have to dip it in something, and mustard doesn’t work in this world of metaphors.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 07:09:35 PM »
Oh man, more people knew how to edit posts than I thought! Luigison, exactly WHY did you blab the secret in some post? And I didn't even know about that topic until Luigison said Deezer deleted it, so I had to spent an entire 5 MINUTES figuring it out on my own.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 07:21:20 PM »
Hey, I figured ot out by myself... in about... 5 minutes. lol

I am trying to figure out HTML... not quite there yet... I have an idea, but it doesn't seem to work the way I do it...

I am not a people person. In fact, I`m more of an anti-people person.
I respect your post. As long as you don`t insult my intelligence in it.
--------EDITED---------
Look, you're using HTML now!

Watch, I can omit the Edited by line to make to seem like it wasn't even edited!

Edited by - CashCrazed on 10/22/2002 7:50:52 PM

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 11:30:04 PM »
Oh man.
I wish I knew how to do that. It was fairly easy to figure out the post editing secret... but HTML is more fun to know how to do on here. Is it similar to the post editing secret in any way?
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2002, 02:35:31 PM »
If only I knew how to >read< HTML, then I would be able to use it. I'd just have to compare a post with it to a post without.

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #6:

(Family is at dinner watching TV)

Dan: That guy kind of looks like Bill Gates.
Mike: His name is Richard, so that would be Bill.
Dan: No--
Melissa: No, that’s Robert!
Dan: It’s William, you idiot!
Melissa: Oh.
Dan: Gotta write that down. (exits to family room and computer)

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2002, 03:04:39 PM »
It's not just that simple. You see, if you look at the page source, my HTML posts have the real <> marks, whereas in other posts, those important symbols are indicated by %?? marks telling it to merely display those characters instead of use them.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2002, 03:10:58 PM »
rooster

Edited by - CashCrazed on 10/23/2002 2:46:37 PM

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2002, 03:42:34 PM »
I wish I knew how to edit posts so I could put my name for HTML

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2002, 04:11:54 PM »
Stealth Link doesn't know HTML, contrary to what you may see before you. Look at the source file. Hidden before you in that post is <p>Edited by - CashCrazed on 10/23/2002 2:46:37 PM</font></td></tr><tr>. It seems CashCrazed can only hide it externally. There's no way to hide it internally.

-------

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2002, 04:16:04 PM »

Edited by - *~*Stealth-LinK*~* on 10/23/2002 3:20:15 PM

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2002, 04:17:16 PM »

Edited by - *~*Stealth-LinK*~* on 10/23/2002 3:20:56 PM

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2002, 04:48:52 PM »
It's easy to reply to closed topics, now that I know you can.

We can bring back the Morton Koopa Jr.'s parents argument! Yay! (I won't, though.)

-------

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2002, 09:41:06 PM »
I am the one that found out how to edit other peoples post.  I actually did it a long time ago, but nobody noticed. So when I played the trick on "cw" recently he ask how I did it so I gave him a hint.  It is really easy so a lot of people figured it out fairly quickly.

I can also close (and probably delete) topics.  I want let those secrets out though.  Although judging from their skills I am sure "cashcrazed", "cw", & "frostbite" could figure that out easily if they don't already know.  (if you try guys please do so in an old thread that no one cares about)  I can also post in closed topics.

I could edit peoples posts and then not display the edit line if I knew the html secret.  I know html and have designed several websites but haven't figured out this sites html loophole.

Since I have designed websites (one that even made over $1000 US dollars a month), I know how to hack into them.  I could probably hack tmk and change any page I wanted, but I am not going to try.  I have only hacked (if these humble edits can be called hacking) a little here in the forum to play tricks on some of the members.  I do not want to destroy the site or alienate anyone.

It seems CashCrazed and Fifth are the only ones that know the cool html loophole.  Where is Fifth?  I haven't heard from him in a long time.

Edit: Since this thread was not deleted I thought it may be proper to record here that I knew the HTML secret before HTML was allowed here.

---

Post your Super Mario 64 DS high scores on the TMK Fungi Forums.

Edited by - LUIGISoN on 2/1/2005 1:31:32 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print