Print

Author Topic: The new sig topic  (Read 352552 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1365 on: August 31, 2009, 03:31:10 PM »
I wasn't just talking about how you get on message boards to complain about games you've never played. I was also talking about how you get on to complain about news articles you've never read and videos you've never watched - hence "Super-Francis".

Also, I picked you three on purpose because you had already been involved in the conversation and were directly referencing and/or insulting the two people who I said are better.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1366 on: August 31, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
If you're willing to pay for my broadband internet, then just tell me where to sign.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1367 on: August 31, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »
Research and good images

Oh god I almost died coughing i was laughed so hard.
every

« Reply #1368 on: August 31, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »
Research and good images

You make it sound like a job.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1369 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:04 PM »
If you're willing to pay for my broadband internet, then just tell me where to sign.
When your room looks like this, you're not allowed to complain about not being able to afford broadband Internet.
Oh god I almost died coughing i was laughed so hard.
You're honestly saying the ICE BURN image is better than pictures of Fist of the North Star characters and people with soda flying over their heads?
You make it sound like a job.
You're not being paid for this?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1370 on: August 31, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
You know what, nevermind. On the occasions when I have posted videos I haven't watched (I'll admit I do that often) or articles I haven't read (I've made a concerted effort not to do that anymore), I can't remember ever bashing them--on the contrary, I usually post such things even though I haven't watched them because they sound interesting and I figure some people here might want to see them. As for the games? Well, you've got a stronger case there, but despite the things I've said I also struggle to remember ever directly saying "this game sucks" or something to that effect when I hadn't played it. I may have said something along the lines of "this (kind of) game probably sucks" or "I think this looks bad", but nothing so blatant as straight-up hating something I hadn't played. Either way, why are so many people here opposed to educated guesses?

And about the internet thing... well, as I've casually mentioned before, my dad's business--where I spend a fair amount of time, depending on the time of day/year--does have broadband/Wi-Fi, and it's when I take advantage of that that I can get stuff offline for my Wii/PS3, effectively use the chatroom, and watch a video without waiting forever for it to load. My house is pretty much out in the middle of nowhere, and so the only high-speed internet we could theoretically get would be that hella expensive HughesNet satellite thing. I'll be honest, though, and admit that it's not right to blame my pokey connection for the things I sometimes say, interpreted as I mean them to be or not.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1371 on: August 31, 2009, 05:16:55 PM »
The problem is that they typically aren't educated guesses. They're just guesses. Granted, there are cases where this is all they can be, but those aren't what I'm talking about.

On the Internet thing, that's completely different than what you were saying before. Your situation is not that you can't afford broadband, but rather that whichever companies offer it won't extend wires to your place. Satellite Internet is not by any means "broadband". It's merely an alternative to dial-up that costs about eight times as much for anywhere between two and twenty times the download speeds.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1372 on: August 31, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »
Ah. Well, I'm not terribly knowledgable about certain internet connection-related words, so I hope you'll forgive me for saying "broadband" when I shouldn'tve.

The problem is that they typically aren't educated guesses. They're just guesses. Granted, there are cases where this is all they can be, but those aren't what I'm talking about.
Examples, please.

« Reply #1373 on: August 31, 2009, 05:22:56 PM »
SB, I'm still convinced that we're actually the same person. I, also, live in the country and only have access to dial-up or ridiculously expensive and inefficient satellite internet. However, we've chosen the latter, and we regret it every time even the mildest precipitation knocks it out.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1374 on: August 31, 2009, 06:07:50 PM »
I instinctively avoid all superhero games.
You call this educated?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1375 on: August 31, 2009, 06:23:52 PM »
Yes. Superhero games are almost always licensed games, ergo they are almost always rushed to complement a film's release, ergo they almost always suck.

Besides, I said that before Arkham Asylum came out, didn't I?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1376 on: August 31, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »
Yes, and you also said it after Crackdown, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and most of these games came out.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1377 on: August 31, 2009, 06:45:24 PM »
dumb***es are people who argue about things like this while posting in all white in a misguided attempt at making a scene. dumb***es are also people who make ridiculously wide sweeping statements and then scramble to find/make reasonable-sounding statements to back them up.

On the other hand, dumb***es are also people who have so much useless spare time that they spend it calling other people dumb***es...
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1378 on: August 31, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »
If you're trying to make everyone here hate you Glorb, it's coming along nicely. Then again, the fact that you just called yourself a dumb*** may just cancel the whole post out...

When I said "superhero games", WR, I meant action games based on characters from Marvel and DC, etc. I really hope you didn't seriously think I literally meant any game with superheros in it.

And you neglected to quote the rest of my post:
Now, I know some are okay, but it's just a learned reaction at this point.

In the face of evidence to the contrary (of the assumption that a superhero game is bad), it's an instinct that can be overcome. Really, though, what I was trying to say when I made that original statement is that there's been so many bad superhero games (and can that really be argued?) that I'm inherently wary of the quality of such a title when it hits the market.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1379 on: August 31, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »
ShadowBrian, prove that there is a higher bad-to-good ratio with superhero games than with any other type of game with a similarly-bad reputation.

Glorb, some words of advice: you'll never impress anyone by insulting everyone, and you'll never get a point across if you immediately counter it yourself.

Print