Print

Author Topic: Your "Pet Peeves"  (Read 53511 times)

« on: December 30, 2003, 10:52:44 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think there was already a thread like this a long, long time ago.

...So anyway, here's a thread where you can post things that get on your nerves. Try to keep it clean, and don't "bash on" other members of the board. I'll go first.

I don't like:
-Hypocrites
-Cheaters
-When people wink at me

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 11:05:10 AM »
I don't like:

Anyone that would go so low as to beat up ladies.

Cheaters (Especially the cheaters in Mario party games.)

Any other character (besides Sonic) that tries to upstage Mario.

Rap music.

Liars

Dispicable perverts

People who proclaim xbox is the greatest system there ever was

Bad-guy wrestlers.

Oven Mitt

There are probably more, but I forgot them.

And now you know, the rest of the story.

I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 11:57:29 AM »
Philidelphia Eagles
New England Patriots
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
People who think Mario and Nintendo is gay
People who COMPLETELY disrespect all that Nintendo has done for 20 YEARS!
Rap, Rock etc. music other than Christian
TXHistory Subject in school[my teacher is the queen of boring]
Most PS2 games
People who completely dispise all GC
People who say Mario is gay but Link isn't
Criminal Violence games
Mature rated games[I'm not a big fan of blood and crap]

etc.

Dallas Cowboys 10-5! They''re in the playoffs!! YEE HAW! Nintendo is the greatest of time thanx to Mario. Remember that!

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 02:09:38 PM »
School

People who say that Luigi is better than Mario

The AI in MK:DD

X-Box Fanboys

PS2 Fanboys

People killing Pokemon

Older smart-***es(well, what other way can I describe it?)

Deezer was here.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 02:49:33 PM »
People with no sense of humor

People who say Mario is better than Luigi (They're equal! Leave it at that!)

Spammers

Sneezes that don't come all the way out

Sega's old campaign slogan:"Sega got what Nintendon't." Heh.. Look at 'em now. Forced to be a third party publisher.

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 02:59:32 PM »
People who insist that everything they don't like either "Sucks" or "is gay".
The human race has not sunken so low that we only have two words for stuff we don't like. Get a bigger vocabulary.

Political correctness. Real estate people can't even say "master bedroom" because it "reminds people of slavery". This is ludicrous.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 03:42:55 PM »
Rap
People who Despise PS2 and cant admit that Xbox is at least a little good
Pop music
and of course people who dislike all RPGs

and there u have it and noone take offense as it is not direced to anyone on this board

So whats the big deal? Death comes with a territory! I''ll see you at Disney Land!

Edited by - gunblade88 on 12/30/2003 1:51:53 PM

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 03:48:09 PM »
I don't like it when people think my user name is a Japanese Robotnik reference.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 04:01:42 PM »
There isn't very much that bothers me:

1. A LOT of homework
2. People who brag too much
3. Hatred.

I''m the "trick" in "eccentric".
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 04:20:03 PM »
I hate hatred.
And I can't tolerate intolerance.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 04:42:52 PM »
I have too many... so I'll post a few...

Rap
Perverts
People who act stupid on purpose
Swearing
Thugs
Dirtbags
Wiggers
Prissy People
The fact that I need sleep
Commercials

I have a bunch of other little annoyances, but I don't wanna write them all...

I despise ignorant people.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 05:56:50 PM »
When people use paper clips on thick stacks of paper, bending the paper clip out of whack in the process.

When people use rubber bands on short stacks of paper, causing the paper to roll up.

Learn how to use your office supplies, people.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 08:29:48 PM »
Everything about society: but mainly

~hypocrite minority rights groups. I'm for minority rights 100%, but these people go so far as to contradict their own equality ideals. For example, femiNazis (overzealous women's rights "advocates") who claim that "all men are sexist pigs who should be shot". Wait, isn't that stereotyping people by gender, thus contradicting the basis of your "agenda". I BITE MY THUMB AT YOU ALL

~The insistance that "white" is a perfectly acceptable term, yet "black" is hurtful, insisting that "people from Africa have no heritage". <blunt sarcasm>I demand to be called a "European-American" or I will be severly offended.</bs>

~And that is another thing; I also hate political correctness. It is ridiculous to the point where soon the word "the" will become offensive on the ground that it implies that an object is "the one", henceforth discluding all other equal, yet ignored-by-the-bigot-who-says-it objects.

Oh yes: "politically correct" is not a politically correct term; it offends polititians. I believe you now must say "selective inoffense vocabulary usage" to avoid losing you job and your dignity nowadays.

~Oooh! And another one! Not really society related, but you know; a group of people I call "immature mature gamers". These are the shallow, arrogant rulers of all the land who seem to think that only their selection of games (generally FPSs) should be played, and if you play ANYTHING else, it automatically turns you into a homosexual 8-year old. Like magic! And they aren't afraid to tell you this (and give death threats too!) right to your face. And it apears a good percent of them are focused in northwestern Indiana for some strange reason. I don't get it!

See my signature for a very "inoffensive" example of something this type of person would say. Note how he thinks he can judge your maturity by the titles of the games you play.

~Girls who think they can do whatever they want just because they are girls. Example of these things are cutting in lunch lines, demanding that you purposefully lose to them in billiards, demanding you buy them some 10,000 dollar diamond ring, etc. And there's so much more! I'll leave that to your imagination. And a lot of these congregate in NW Indiana, also.

And I can go on and on and on, but I think there's some sort of character limit for posts here, so I'll skip to the minor annoyances in my life.

~People eating crunchy foods around me.
~Pop, R&B, and Rap. And some people today actually call this "music"?
~Double standards in ANYTHING.

Erm, again, a lot more. Expect edits eventually.

DISCLAIMER: The comments in this post are OPINIONS. If you like these things, so be it. Of course, I don't know why you'd like someone telling you that you are a juvenile homo who should be stabbed in the face because you play Mario games, but whatever.

Actually, the fact that I even NEED a disclaimer is ridiculous. That goes back to the top of the post, though.

~Insane Steve (I hate a lot of things. Ain't life swell?)

Stupid Quotes: (10th Edition)
"Super Mario Sunshine is an overhyped, boring kids` game with a fruity name that got higher ratings than it deserved."
"Aaron S." - with a dishonorable mention to Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine (Issue #165, pg. 24) for printing the opinions of people who don`t deserve to have opinions.
~I.S.~

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 08:45:48 PM »
"TXHistory Subject in school[my teacher is the queen of boring]"

Texas history is quite amusing if you have an amusing teacher. It's not the state; it's the teacher. I have a funny and actually COOL teacher.

My pet peeves are:

-People who are EXTREMELY dogmatic
-People who say the stupid line when talking games, "Well, PS2 and Xbox are better."
-White people who act like they're some kind of punk rapper. (Eminem, or however you spell that rapper with candy as a name)
-Hypocrites
-People who think they can push people around.
-"Perfect," stuck-up people. (Usually preps)
-People who think they're "bad" or say "Oooooooh!" when they "fight" by slapping each other. They consider that fighting.
-The '60s (That's when our society went down the crapper)
-People who think that Texas is all about hicks and "Yeeee-haw!" LEMME TELL YA; IT AIN'T.
-People who consider that "ain't" isn't a word. It is; it is defined as bad grammar. I say it a lot.
-People who diss Texas for no reason.
-People who yell at others for not playing the GTA series.
-People who steal cars, shoot at people, or anything like that taking others' lives away. That's our society today.
-People who act "casual cool" and think they're "all that" and they really aren't.
-People who diss Dave Mirra or BMX
-People that don't like the word PAAA!!!â„¢
-Silly newbies that act the way they act here.
-People who assume that you're something you're not. (Putting words in people's mouth, basically.
-PEOPLE WHO HATE TRAINS.
-Stupid "smart quotes" that screw up your sig when you use an apostrophe like mine. (How do you fix that again?)
-Drunk people that think they're better than you and think that they're smarter than you.(Some people I know [not my age] that do it.)
-People who think WWII was FUNNY. I think not. It was very sad and people lost their lives for you to live free now.

There are so many that I can't think of right now that I must stop the list right there.

"Oh now, don''t talk crazy. They''re not gonna to eat the man." ~Prof. E. Gadd

Edited by - Trainman on 12/30/2003 7:05:29 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 09:21:06 PM »
Insane Steve, out of curiosity, do you often say what is on your mind to people?

I''m the "trick" in "eccentric".
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print