Print

Author Topic: I think I'm going to vomit.  (Read 10571 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2004, 11:27:47 AM »
Just think of it as...uh...a mental disability. It's not their fault they're gay, it's just the way they are, and they want to make the best of it.

''Procrastinate now. Don’t put it off.'' -Ellen Degeneres
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2004, 01:33:33 PM »
Well, you can't exactly use that argument Ike, because you could instead say that it's a genetic disposition like alcoholism.  We generally try to treat alcoholism, not accept it as is.  That's the real question.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 05:21:44 PM »
For some reason, I don't think homosexuality is genetic.

Why do you people want to ban gay marriage? It shouldn't disturb your daily lives. It's not as if they're having the wedding ceremonies at your house. Also, just put yourself in the victims' shoes for a second. How would you like it if suddenly it was against the law for heterosexuals to get married? It's not like it was their choice to be gay; they were born that way. So just think, if God disapproves of homosexuals, why did he make them then?

"A person is a person, no matter how small."- Horton the Elephant
This is a secret coded message.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2004, 08:54:30 PM »
It's a choice two, consenting adults make together, it doesn't matter if you think it's morally right or not. I doesn't hurt anyone(as far as I know) and it's protected by the 1st amendment. Gay marriage doesn't have to have religious implications, you can be married purely in the eyes of the state. If you think it's wrong to be married by the church, then your argument should be with them, not the government.

Reality slowed bent Time and.
The and on Eggman But on went.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 09:23:18 PM »
We should take away gays' rights to bear arms instead.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2004, 09:46:28 PM »
No TEM, you've missed the point.  Many (most?) gays want to marry so they get the legal benefits of marriage.  That is, tax breaks, the right to hospital visitation, taking over assests after the partner dies, etc.  It seems to me that the real problem here isn't the right for gays to marry, it's the special benefits that married couples get and related policies.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2004, 11:06:38 PM »
WARNING/DISCLAIMER: Potentially offensive post ahoy! if you don't wish to disgrace yourself with a very blunt opinion, so be it. Don't read this. You have been warned.

------------------------------------------

Oh, please. Those of you who think that allowing gays to marry will ruin the sanctity of marriage have forgotten one important thing:

IN TODAY'S SOCIETY, MARRIAGE HAS NO SANCTITY ANYMORE!

I mean, think about it. What is the divorce rate nowadays? The average length of a marriage? Brittney Spears, anyone? My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance? Trading Spouses? (Seriously, as soon as you take a skit from a ridiculous sketch comedy show and make it real, something is direly wrong.) Think about it. How many gay couples do you think will divorce after 2 weeks? Divorce rates drop, average lengths of marriages increase, and as long as heterosexuals don't have to watch the gays express their love for one another, whatever. Of course, I'm strictly anti-Bush right now, also... that may be a part of my thought process. (Although, I can see myself forever becoming an anti-incumbent, personally)

If you really wanted to return the sanctity of marriage, merely carry out the "'til death do us part" vow: If a couple applies for divorce, one is immediately killed. Bam. Vow remains intact, divorce rates drop significantly, everything is right. Except for the person being killed, of course, but that is a different story, a different argument, and a different thread which I will not create.

Hey, if gays want to marry, so be it. Just so long as I or any of my children that I'll like die before I'll get a chance to have don't have to see it, so be it. As soon as they try to "corrupt" people in public, THAT is what is wrong. Of course, the marriage rights/benefits argument is the big problem here, in my mind. I do not see the moral flaws in this, however, as marriage today is flawed beyond further ruin anyways.

Oh yes, LD, about America going down the crapper if the amendment passed, it is FAR too late for that. America is already so far down the crapper that there isn't any plunger in teh world that will bring it back.

Only at midnight can I create metaphors like that one.

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 7/18/2004 10:10:43 PM
~I.S.~

Jman

• Score
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 11:10:16 AM »
Yeah.  Hey Steve, I was the one who originally said that America was going down the crapper.  But I suppose you were referring to what LD said about it.  And about those midnight posts, I should know.  I wrote my most patriotic posts at 1:00 A.M.

Proud to be an American!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 11:16:49 AM »
All those pampered celebrities think they know what love is, I have a better understanding of love than any celebrity, and I'm not famous in any way!  Love has to be the marriage of the perfect couple to last.

This is my interpretation of celebrity marriage, especially young celebrities:  Guy: Hey, you're hot!  Let's go date!
Girl: Okay!
(2 days later)
Girl: I love you so much!  Let's get married!
Guy: Okay!
(anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks after ceremony)
Girl: I'm not interested in you anymore!  I want a divorce!
Guy:  Fine, go!  I only wanted you for your body anyway!

And there you have it, my take on celebrities who "love" each other.

Proud to be an American!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 12:20:36 PM »
Adapted from a conversation last night:

After reading all these posts, more and more I think *I'm* going to vomit...
I'm saddened how everyone seems to have such opposite views as me.... not me, how opposite from GOD.  I'm opposed to gay marriage, but I also think straight people can be just as bad. --In fact, most are. *** before marriage is wrong, period. And if gay people "wait" until then--which I don't see why they would, anyway, considering their already twisted sense of values--even if they *do* get "married," it does not count because a marriage in God's eyes is between a man and a woman, which is why it baffles me that people would even *consider* making gay marriage legally valued. I mean, all of the founding documents of our country were based on the Bible and God's Will. *ALL* of them. And now they've practically forbidden God and the Bible anywhere......it sickens me. I truly believe we are living in the end times.

Separation of Church and State was meant to mean that the government would not be allowed to *control* the church, which is what it was doing in Europe at the time. Instead people have twisted it to mean that all beliefs of the church should be eliminated from the government.... Sick, isn't it?
Pardon the cliché, but I'm sure our founding fathers would be spinning in their graves if they knew what our country was like today....the way it has morally degraded.
Ugh, we're just like the Roman Empire.... I don't get it; aren't we supposed to *learn* from the mistakes of history? But, alas, history repeats itself. Morals apparently mean diddlysquat to people nowadays.... People only do and want things simply to get it to their own advantage. It's truly a sad time to live. It frightens me to think about it.....and I know it will only get worse.
God has given us his guidance to help us, but hardly anyone knows, sees or follows that anymore--even *CHRISTIANS*.  True, we've all been blessed with that guidance, but humanity as a whole has basically thrown it away. I know I'm not perfect, either; I've been cursed with sinful nature just as much as everyone else. I at least *try* to follow God's guidance, and as a result, I am not stuck in a blurry haze of what is right and wrong.

Anyway, ugh.... I hate it when people say that gays are "born that way" or "God made them that way" and so they justify it all right to be gay through that. That is the biggest deception I've ever heard. God did not make them that way; He made the actual person, but He gave people the freedom to *choose* right from wrong, and the people are choosing wrong. It's freewill and *SIN* that "made" them that way. And no one is *born* that way; circumstances in one's life *influence* them, but one can always overcome that, with God's help. I mean, if one has an abusive, unloving father and is basically raised in a very feminine environment, sure, I can understand why they may have homo....*ahem* tendencies. But thoughts and feelings are much different from *actions*; it's the *actions* that are the problem, which is why being straight can be *just* as bad.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 7/19/2004 1:08:51 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 12:59:13 PM »
Sapphira, as a Christian, I don't like the fact that there are homosexuals, but there are, and I let them be however they want.  I'm not against them, and that doesn't mean I'm for them either.  They are who they are, and no one is going to stop them.  The fact that they get married is less religious and more about having the privileges that come with marriage.

Like, I know homosexual people where I live.  What am I supposed to do?  Ignore them?  Treat them differently because they're openly admitting that they are homosexual?  There are also people who have had sexual intercourse before marriage.  That can be compared closely to homosexuality, becasue both are things that are there and can't be changed about the person.  Of course they're large sins.  We shouldn't hold it against the person.

Basically, people that are gay should be forgiven, and the marriage thing is and should be a different topic.

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 01:16:50 PM »
*I* still follow God's guidance!  I've already told evryone here about being a Christian in past posts.

Proud to be an American!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2004, 02:03:12 PM »
No, Markio, see that's the thing. "Hate the sin, not the sinner." I don't treat gay people (nor think of them) any worse than others, but I do not except what they do. You can still love and respect a person without having to agree with them. In fact, if you *do* think that the bad things someone does is okay, you're not helping them any by getting them on the right track. That's kinda like....if I stole something and didn't know stealing was wrong and my parents found out, if they loved me they would explain how what I did was wrong and then punish me. Hmm...bad analogy. Well, anyway, the point is that the opposite of love is not hate; it's apathy.

The whole matter is about acceptance vs. acquiescence. Acceptance agrees with a person regardless of what they do, while acquiescence does *NOT* agree with a person, but still values and respects them. I do not agree with gays, but I do not totally disregard them as people. God does not agree with them and anyone else who sins in this world (all humans), yet He still loves us unconditionally and wants to forgive us if we are truly sorry.

Please note that in my last post (and also this one), I am not personally attacking anyone's faith or character. When I said "God has given us his guidance to help us, but hardly anyone knows, sees or follows that anymore--even *CHRISTIANS*," I was not referring nor even THINKING of anyone specifically; it was just a general statement. Please do not be offended by what I say; that is not my intent.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 7/19/2004 1:38:40 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 02:47:21 PM »
"Please do not be offended by what I say; this is not my intent."

Oh, NOW you tell me!  Anyway, I agree with your last post, but I still think marriage is a whole other subject, because it over-complicates everything.  Or maybe there's some other reason that I can't think of because I had Boston Market for lunch and now I feel like vomiting... blegh... Boston Market...

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 03:37:50 PM »
Look. Gay marraige is absolutely wrong. It says in the Bible that its wrong. God thinks its wrong. There's no " you just have to live with it". Besides, it wasn't Adam & Steve in the Garden of Eden. If everyone grew up being gay, then there would be less babies then ever before. Alot of people say that its an alternate life style, when they're wrong. All it is is sin.

Print