Print

Author Topic: MEGAߥTE gets Carpal Tunnel  (Read 3806 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: January 02, 2005, 01:52:30 AM »
Party, Party, Party.  The new mailbag is here.  MEGAߥTE's rant is well worth a read. I found his views were very similiar to my own, but I disagree with his opinion of the DS touch screen.

Why do I feel the urge to post TMK site news?  Maybe because I don't have a life.  I wanted to get one, but all I found was a bunch of magazines.

---

Post your Super Mario 64 DS high scores on the TMK Fungi Forums.

Edited by - Luigison on 1/2/2005 12:10:44 AM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 04:11:09 AM »
I am in extreme need of some linkage.

"Yesterday... when I`m smaller... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."
Formerly quite reasonable.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 12:07:52 PM »
Eh?  I didn't give any opinion on the touch screen...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 12:55:28 PM »
I skipped over much of it, as my brain can't comprehend most of what he said. This is because of most of the idiotic questions that seemed to have recently died down. This is most likely because they're now deleting the stupid ones, or just ignoring them.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 01:07:47 PM »
I'm getting more and more tired of the morons that write in.

As for Deezers comment on "deusch," brilliant.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 10:32:59 PM »
Yeah, me too.  Of course, then they all start whining when they don't get their last letter in a 'bag.  Oh man, I'm so glad I don't have to answer those questions.

MegaByte's resonse to that one letter was so long I nearly threw up.  But I did learn a lot about Nintendo and stuff... I think.

"Oh great.  From now I am shall forever be known as the king who talks to posters."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 11:52:55 PM »
I read and understood every word he told me. My attention span and short term memory is better than goldfish. ;P

"Eh? I didn't give any opinion on the touch screen..."

I believe you said that it sucked along with the stylus... or maybe you were just talking about how the stylus sucked ON the touch screen.

Remember: MEGAߥTE pwns all.

"Yesterday... when I`m smaller... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."
Formerly quite reasonable.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 12:08:42 AM »
No, I said the stylus sucked (way too small and low quality) and the buttons were too small.  I made no mention of the touch screen.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 04:34:22 PM »
Sorry MEGAߥTE.  I took your "the stylus absolutely sucks" to mean that you thought using a stylus sucked.  It was late.  I now get what you meant and agree.  I used a larger stylus from another company, but stop using it when I noticed how much harder it's tip was than the oficial Nintendo stylus.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 07:11:37 PM »
Reasonably speaking, it is not a sage sequence of mouse movements and keystrokes for me to be digging up this topic. But I often use my time most unreasonably, and I only just read MEGA&szlig;&yen;TE's dissertation. After doing so, I feel compelled to nail reason squarely in the forehead with the top half of the colon staring at me from my clocks' displays by letting M&szlig; know that, at least for me, his myriad words have not fallen on blind eyes.

It took me some of Time & Space &ndash; A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda and most of Night Striker Complete Album to read the "&lsquo;intelligent&rsquo; gamer&rsquo;s" e-mail and the ensuing responses. The dude asked a mere six questions, which is nothing in comparison to the standards set by many a bored TMK lover. He did actually write more than a punctuation-less sentence or two for each item, but his message certainly was not where the draw and the holding power of that experience lay. I came into it thinking about MEGA&szlig;&yen;TE, and I departed thinking, "MEGA&szlig;&yen;TE."

Dear MEGA&szlig;&yen;TE,

The sheer number of vertically stretched inches that your 2662-word response imposes upon my computer screen is eye-bulging and noteworthy; even excessively poor writing on that scale demands considerable time and effort. However, this gray cliffside of Arial text offers more to the beholder than just a rough surface along which to strain against the gravitational pull of verbal typicality. Gazing upon the wonder of this unnatural land formation for only a few minutes reveals the significance of the uncommon mind at work behind it.

I speak of a mind uniquely enabled in certain areas that show through well in vast quantities of sentences. Your initial statement about just being able to prove that you can write long answers is, despite its comical value, most inaccurate. Within your numerous paragraphs is not simply a collection of verbose ramblings but indeed a very thoughtful survey of the actions and results of a company entrenched in profit warfare. And although I expend very little effort to stay current with the news and events surrounding and populating the realm of video games, I would be particularly unsurprised if what you wrote is the most well thought-out and comprehensive look at Nintendo's situation that has ever been publicly offered in writing.

What this accomplishment in unpaid composition&mdash;that offers the reader much greater benefit by way of objective and subjective cognitive expansion than most funded Internet writing can ever hope to manage&mdash;declares to me about its author is that he has a towering prowess for gathering, retaining, and reflecting upon massive amounts of information. In other words, you are the holder of an astounding level of knowledge and some exceedingly fair and well formed opinions on the subject of Nintendo. I'm confident that I understand Nintendo better than a sizable majority of the country's populace, but when laid on a scale opposite your perhaps unparalleled grasp of all the facts plus more, it is shot up into oblivion like a spec of dust that's sort of half existing in space, at no time ever of any consequence to anything else in existence.

At the same time, I am pretty well sure, Nintendo is only one of a legion of technological and other interests that you pursue and on top of which you stay with the tenacity of the fiercest of generals. You even make oblique reference to wireless power supply in your response, which as far as I'm concerned is not an achievable feat. This grows only greater the abilities of yours I've mentioned that already bewilder me because they so utterly surpass everything of which I'm capable in this area.

Maybe "Great job" would have communicated the same things in fewer words, but I was inspired to say more. Take from it what you will. Just don't answer back that anyone could have written what you did, and that you just happened to have had the free time to kill. I won't believe you.

With loads more assimilation experience than yesterday,

Watoad

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 09:32:03 PM »
If I didn't know better, I would think that Watoad was practicing ...

No offense, but that the longest "Great Job!"  I have ever read.  I agree though, I'm just a man of few words.  Pictures can say so much more.

Edited by - Luigison on 3/4/2005 7:36:43 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 09:42:33 PM »
I'm glad you know better.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Print