Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476728 times)

« Reply #1785 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:16 AM »
How does a pipe inside Bowser's body lead to an outside area?

Furthermore, what would happen if Bowser managed to fit in one of said pipes?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1786 on: March 04, 2010, 02:58:18 PM »
Now that just makes things even more confusing.

The warp stone idea kind of makes sense, but there isn't any evidence in the Mario series that can support that, aside from pipes leading to the strangest places without any sort of connection.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #1787 on: March 04, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »
...Whoa. I actually posed the question of "What would happen if Bowser tried to enter one of the pipes that led into his body?" on another forum a while ago, and after receiving a few comments, I decided to delve in and attempt to solve the paradox myself. Below is my dissertation on the subject.

(MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!)

Well, to answer this question, we need to know a little about how warp pipes work. It's clear that, while some pipes are merely connected tubes like the screen-scrolling pipes found in Super Mario Bros. 3, one end of a pipe doesn't need to be physically connected to the other; while it's possible that the name "warp pipe" just comes from the fact that they take you from one place to another so fast, pipes actually appear to, in fact, use some sort of teleportation mechanism. We've seen numerous examples of this throughout the Mario series. Obviously, there's the pipes inside Bowser that lead to other locations in the Mushroom Kingdom - they don't go through Bowser at any point. In Super Mario Galaxy, as well, there are a few pipes on the planetoids that, when entered, take Mario to a completely different planet. There's no visible connection between the two planets, indicating that entering the pipe simply teleported Mario to the other location.

So, according to this theorem, if Bowser entered one of the pipes that led into his body, he would most definitely appear from that pipe. No grotesque bodily twisting or being turned inside-out involved. But what would happen to the pipe, since it was inside Bowser?

Our knowledge of warp pipes allows us to answer this. When you enter one, your body is transported from Pipe End A to Pipe End B, with no physical stops in between. So, if Pipe End B is inside Bowser, Bowser's body would be transported to a location inside Pipe End B, which would now be located outside his body. Pipe End B would be located in midair when Bowser first emerged from it, since wherever it was in Bowser's body would be above the ground level, but it would presumably fall to the ground immediately under the influence of gravity - or, perhaps, directly onto Pipe End A. Bowser would then fall to the ground as well.

It sounds like Bowser would be safe and unharmed, in addition to having a cool new way to get some of that junk out of his body. But there's one other thing we have to consider. The objects Bowser inhales shrink in size, becoming microscopic and fitting into his body. If Bowser went from Pipe End A to Pipe End B in his own body, Pipe End B's size would be incredibly small. Would Bowser come out miniaturized?

To solve this puzzle, we must look at what happens what objects exit Bowser's body. Unless I'm forgetting something, aside from the Mario Brothers using the pipes to get out, we see three instances of objects exiting Bowser while he's under the influence of the Vacuum Shroom. Broque Monsieur climbs out of Bowser's body after being sucked in while demonstrating how to use Bowser's vacuuming ability in battle; Fawful uses a laser gun-esque device to draw Princess Peach from the Flab Zone; and Mario, Luigi, Starlow, and everyone else inside Bowser are thrust out his mouth by Fawful's last-ditch explosion. The second one doesn't give us much to work with; Fawful's device could work in any way. But the first and last ones provide our answer. Broque Monsieur exits Bowser's body and very clearly grows back to full size, and when everyone is blown out of Bowser, they appear on the platform above Peach's castle in their normal, macroscopic sizes.

According to this property, when Bowser first disappears from his former position and appears at Pipe End B, the pipe is small at first, but then, since it has exited Bowser, it will revert to the size it was before Bowser swallowed it. Thus, if Bowser entered a pipe that led into his own body, the pipe would be removed from inside his body and he would emerge from it at normal size and in perfect condition.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #1788 on: March 04, 2010, 05:52:57 PM »
Or maybe Bowser would experience bilocation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilocation).  It's interesting to note how in games like New Super Mario Bros. and Super Paper Mario the pipes can be destroyed and will cease to function.  In Bowser's Inside Story, we clearly see Bowser inhale pipes, but this doesn't interfere with their warp capabilities.  Apparently, the Vacuum Mushroom was able to intake the pipes with their power intact.

« Reply #1789 on: March 04, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »
[Post]

Now that, my friends, is Post of the Year material.

As for the warp stone theory, wouldn't the cups in which they were contained also replace each other, seeing as they were making contact with the stones? Then, unless the teleportation process is absolutely instantaneous, the cups would drop to the ground, causing the world itself to be torn apart by ceaselessly alternating between the stones' respective "destinations".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #1790 on: March 04, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »
Wow. Reading's post made me do just that. Lots of Reading. Not that I mind or anything
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1791 on: March 06, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »
What I don't understand is why Pipe B would suddenly be removed from Bowser's body.

While this is on my mind...

Do you guys remember Jr. Troopa from Paper Mario? Does he, being inside an egg shell, indicate that Koopas lay eggs?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1792 on: March 06, 2010, 10:55:37 PM »
Turtles lay eggs.
That was a joke.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #1793 on: March 07, 2010, 04:03:53 PM »
What I don't understand is why Pipe B would suddenly be removed from Bowser's body.
Because Bowser entered Pipe A, thus putting him inside Pipe B through teleportation. It doesn't matter that Pipe B was inside Bowser before, since the pipe simply teleports Bowser from Pipe A to Pipe B.

...This also exactly mirrors what happened on the other forum: someone asked this question a while after I posted my explanation. Weird.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1794 on: March 07, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »
I don't get it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1795 on: March 09, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »
Next question: What do you suppose lies beneath those Shy Guys' masks? Blank, Jawa-esque nothingness, an exposed brain, or something which can't be beheld by mortal man?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #1796 on: March 09, 2010, 05:07:30 PM »
or something which can't be beheld by mortal man?
Luigi has seen it in Mario Power Tennis. Judging by his reaction, it's probably creepy.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #1797 on: March 09, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »
True, although Luigi's afraid of practically everything that moves.

If the spirit moves you to do so, illustrate your theories with the attached template:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:38:37 PM by Weegee »

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1798 on: March 09, 2010, 07:19:31 PM »
Well, in Luigi's Mansion you can take off the ghost Shy Guys' masks, which, if I recall correctly, reveals a black face.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1799 on: March 09, 2010, 07:24:04 PM »
It was a weird ghostly face, not just black.
That was a joke.

Print