Print

Author Topic: Do you have an accent?  (Read 16109 times)

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 01:15:53 AM »
Kool. ;)

You sound different than what I expected though... I don't know why. I'll get my voice up when I over come my fears. :-[ I'll record you something else in the meantime though! Um... Want to hear my brother? Or, my guitar? ;)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 01:21:06 AM »
XD
Well, I don't know how accurate it sounds, considering it's over a cell phone, on speaker-phone, on video tape, and then through your comp's speakers. Not to mention I sound different in my own head. It probably sounds like me, just poor quality.
Those guys crack me up, in those vids. XD
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 01:25:34 AM »
Yeah.

Somehow Lizard Dude reminds me of my father though... Mabey it's the way he acts and looks like. It's weird. (Wow, how did we get off topic like this?)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2005, 02:16:31 AM »
Lizard Dude pronounces "bag" like ... "beaeg".

I totally want to hear Khold's voice.

Ahem:
70% General American English
10% Yankee
5% Dixie
5% Midwestern
5% Upper Midwestern

I can't say this is totally accurate, though, because I say "route" both "root" and "rowt" and also hear "catty-corner" more than I say it, but might occasionally say it. Also, I have no term for an "easy class".

I know a girl from Chicago who is way more Chicagoan than Deezer. She says things like "sammich" and "Chicaggo" and also has the Lizard Dude "o" thing happening.
That was a joke.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2005, 09:35:48 AM »
I need an MP3 player w/ a voice recorder now! My voice is messed up, though, by microphones. :( Once Christmas comes, and if I get an MP3 player w/ a voice recorder, I'll see if I can post my voice.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2005, 09:39:47 AM »
My voice sounds kiddy when I listen to digital versions. (ie. Tapes)
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2005, 09:53:18 AM »
I need an MP3 player w/ a voice recorder now! My voice is messed up, though, by microphones. :( Once Christmas comes, and if I get an MP3 player w/ a voice recorder, I'll see if I can post my voice.
Microphones show you what your voice really sounds like, you can't hear your voice the exact way it really sounds, so, microphones do that. The reason you don't hear your voice the way it really sounds like is because, your voice echos in your ear that makes it kind of disorted when it comes to your ear.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2005, 10:00:52 AM »
wow...no wonder i sound older when im using a mic at graduation. my singing voice sounds different to me than it really iswierd 0_o
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2005, 10:19:32 AM »
Tapes are not digital.
Microphones can't perfectly duplicate the human ear, so there is a variance there. While it's true that a person's voice sounds different to the person than to other people, it isn't because of microphones. Other people hear something close to the "microphone" sound when you talk to them. Echoing and distortion are not the reasons for hearing your own voice differently.
That was a joke.

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2005, 10:27:58 AM »
Yeah, I forgot that.
I'm a horrible person.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2005, 11:15:08 AM »
My microphone just ran out of battteries. This really bums me out. I should get a file up soon...
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2005, 12:21:17 PM »
My microphone just ran out of battteries. This really bums me out. I should get a file up soon...
How can a microphone run out of batteries? I thought they get their power from the computer...

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2005, 12:21:52 PM »
No, mine runs on batteries. It is a big one, that makes a good sound.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2005, 12:33:44 PM »
Oh, I see. I think I already heard your voice, too. You have kind of a southern accent, at least that's what it sounded like the last time.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2005, 02:38:06 PM »
The odd thing about tapes is that they can be used to store digital information. I have run into two examples of this so far:

1. Myself and others recently filmed (not quite a digital-sounding term, I know, but I believe it is still used regardless) a little promotional video with a sweet Sony digital, high-definition camera. The recorded information, though digital, was stored on a tape until we ran it through a FireWire cable and into my computer. (Once I complete editing, I may upload and post a link to the video in the LizCam thread.)

2. My older brother works with the world's most powerful supercomputer at a government laboratory in Livermore, CA. That system has I don't know how many terabytes of storage capacity, most or all of which is comprised of tapes that robot arms move back and forth between the supercomputer and places where the tapes are kept when not in use.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Print