Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704847 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:01:44 PM »
Haha, I like Luigison's humor.

Er, angst.  Let me see... I got nothin'.  Rargh!  That makes me so mad!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 09:31:38 PM »
I don't like cereal mascots.  They're annoying, loud, and jump all over the place, scaring kids.  Plus they're all a little too attatched to whatever cereal they're representing. 

...Just thought I'd get that out in the open...   

That darn Rabbit needs to stand up for himself and take some Trix! Or at least buy some.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:21:42 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 10:22:33 PM »
NO! you anti cereal mascots make me so MAD!! TRIX ARE FOR KIDS FOR A REASON!!!!!!!! *spits fire and writhes on the floor*
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 05:11:48 AM »
I HATE THINGS!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:24:19 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 08:05:51 AM »
What annoys me is when the Rabbit takes the Trix, he never escapes before the kids realize the Trix is gone, but instead decides to gloat how good the cereal is before they capture him.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 08:07:29 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 08:13:32 AM »
Hey, ya know what I hate? Airplane food. What's up with that?
Ba-dumb-kssh!
But seriously, one thing I hate is how everybody says the GTA games are corrupting children. For one, they're rated M; children should NOT be playing them! Two, parents, if they want their kids not to play it, then they shouldn't buy it for them! It's not the store's fault; they need a parent's permission to sell M-rated games to minors. And finally, did you know that, ever since GTA III came out on the PS2 in 2001, juvenile crime rates have dropped? I don't have the chart on hand, but the chart was actually created by the government. So just how is Jack Thomphson getting his supposed "proof" that kids are all going insanely violent due to GTA (other than his harrasment, lying, insults, threats, and quoting the bible)? Forgery, most likely.
Anyhoo, that's the end of my rant. Glad to get that off my chest.
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 08:42:43 AM »
What annoys me is when the Rabbit takes the Trix, he never escapes before the kids realize the Trix is gone, but instead decides to gloat how good the cereal is before they capture him.

I totally thought that said: "When the rabbi gets the kids..."
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 11:17:03 AM »
Did someone actually say something as idiotic as that to you? :S

About 4 or 5 months ago, on campus, there was a random "feminist" (I use this term very loosely, because most feminists push for REAL equality, not "unfair compensation advntages") march that got disguised as a protest against domestic abuse. A good cause, if it weren't instead a lame male-bashing fest. I was walking to the building on campus with the ITG machine in it, and this group (about 50-60 or so) happened to be marching past the same location in the opposite direction. Long story short, one of the people in that group, whom I've never met before in my life, tells me I'm a rapist by default. You know, that 2nd X chromosome gives you the ability to know more things about other people than they know about themselves, that's for sure, because I don't remember ever raping anyone. Even metaphorically. I just ignored it at the time, then went into the nearest building and punched out a trash can in frustration.

I've had similar experiences with a couple "choice" employees at my summer lifeguarding job. One specific example was, during a storm, one of the employees (who was about 18 at the time) was bragging about how she would always sneak into bars with her older sister's (the manager at the time) ID. And the bouncer didn't care, because "all men are stupid." Normally I'd lash out with a diatribe, but I wanted to see where this was going. She then proceeded to brag about how she "never bought a drink in her life" because she was moderately attractive and "men are stupid." I heard enough and went off about how I'm not stupid and how SHE'S the stupid one for breaking the law to leech a couple drinks and that I'd NEVER buy her a drink on merits of aesthetics alone because I am not attracted to the physical beauty of women, in general. She then proceeds to tell me that I'm "no different than anyone else" and that I'd buy her and everyone who leeched off me drinks in a second. One constant with women who think they're better than me by default is that they all think they know me better than I know myself. This basically turned into a unintelligible shoutfest after that.

For the record, I doubt I'm even hitting bars when I'm 21. For one, I'm probably not attractive enough to get past the bouncers. And even if I did, I certainly wouldn't be buying random people drinks, because they're the kinds of people I have no interest in getting to know better anyways.

In conclusion, there's really two kinds of people in this world I can never get along with: People who overgeneralize others, and people who give the people who overgeneralize others a foundation for overgeneralizing others. Reverse sexists are just one specific example of this. Condescending religious nuts are another I mentioned... I guess someone like Jack Thompson falls into yet another category... Jesse Jackson (Everyone's racist against blacks. Even other blacks.) is yet another... The list is so long it would be a waste of time to type further.

On another note, a LOT of today's commercials anger me. They're either incredibly stupid, incredibly insulting (see above: a current trend is the "men are stupid" form of advertising that seems to reach out to the ever-increasing population of jilted single mothers), or just flat out annoying. Then again, I notice this trend with a lot of new movies, TV shows, "music" "artists", etc. Pop culture is just going completely down the toilet nowadays.

Come to think of it, MaxVance's assessment is looking rather accurate.
~I.S.~

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 02:09:31 PM »
Hey, ya know what I hate? Airplane food. What's up with that?
Ba-dumb-kssh!
But seriously, one thing I hate is how everybody says the GTA games are corrupting children. For one, they're rated M; children should NOT be playing them! Two, parents, if they want their kids not to play it, then they shouldn't buy it for them! It's not the store's fault; they need a parent's permission to sell M-rated games to minors. And finally, did you know that, ever since GTA III came out on the PS2 in 2001, juvenile crime rates have dropped? I don't have the chart on hand, but the chart was actually created by the government. So just how is Jack Thomphson getting his supposed "proof" that kids are all going insanely violent due to GTA (other than his harrasment, lying, insults, threats, and quoting the bible)? Forgery, most likely.
Anyhoo, that's the end of my rant. Glad to get that off my chest.

Also, I play GTA, just off the record. Just gotta love that Cheetah.

Anyway, GTA doesn't corrupt children's minds. GTA is the last thing that kids think of when hijacking a pickup on the curb of a street. They think of movies, rappers, etc.

Plus, the games shouldn't be blamed. Parents should be. They buy them, they supervise them. Their fault.

Anyway, IS, humans have a natural tendancy to do things. We got brains. We got a mouth. We got a leg to stand on. Why not say something?

But its insulting that they are overgeneralizing. Looks like the Gender War will never die out.

I'm a boy, check out the SN, and I'm not accusing ALL women for this problem. Heck, I'm not even accusing anywomen. I'm acusing the entire human race in general. there's always one thing that one person thinks that is right, and another that is wrong. Its natural. We're humans. We have thoughts, emotions, feelings. We use them. We like them. We keep them.Arguing is so likely in life, i bet there is at least a thousand people in the world arguing every second I type.

"Animal testing is bad!"

"Video games is bad!"

"Michael Jackson is bad!"

We can say al these things, and there'll be at least one guy or gal saying "No, I disapprove."

But in spirt of this topic:

I hate grapefruit. Nasty lil buggers. (Nope, not austrailian)
I hate summer bugs.
I hate summer. (Winter is better, in my opinion) Well, to some extent,I like it a bit.
I hate old computers.
I hate licorce.
I hate school.
i hate pens.
I hate VCRs.
I hate DK Vine.
i hate gambing.

That's all i have to say.
Most Wishy-Washy

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2006, 02:18:46 PM »
Why do you hate gambling?

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 02:21:33 PM »
Ehh...
My dad loves throwing around money whenever we're in Alantic City.
He would bet two hundred dollars.
he would usually lose...

Sometimes, at Christmas, we would have just a few things to have, because most money was spent at the tables.
Other times, when he doesn't gamble, we have alot of things, things I want, not just clothes.

Currently, he doesn't gamble.
Thank goodness.

My Christmas presents are safe once again.

ANother thing I hate.
Writing a huge pararaph and all people respond to is the last sentance.
Not just you, TEM.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:26:49 PM by dude677 »
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 02:33:39 PM »
What's really annoying me is that they are not letting me know the retail price for the revolution. All they are saying is that it will be under $300 USD. That's not enough. I guess we'll be a final price after the event next month. So, other things that drive me nuts:

~ Math
~ getting up when I don't want to
~ Gambling
~ disgusting song lyrics that kids listen to and repeat
~ Brussel Sprouts
~ 80 degree farenheit and uo days
~ my big brother
~ sounds when I have a headache
~ not being able to play the gamecube during the weekdays
~ nasty pictures
~ hurtful criticism
~ etc, etc, etc
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »
I hate it when I really have the urge to hear a song, but don't have any way to listen to it.  It drives me crazy. 
I also hate it when people with potential just give up all together.  It just bothers me that these people could do so much more in life, but just blow it all away on drugs or just plain laziness.  Which brings me to my next dislike,
Smoking.  There's absolutely no excuse to do it.  I don't care how crappy your life is, smoking is not going to make it any better.
Emo people who are obsessed with demonic things also bother me.
And cereal mascots, do indeed, suck eggs.  :)
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 08:55:53 PM »
I really hate when people are playing a video game without actually trying to succeed. When people just mess around in a goal-oriented game (this annoys me the most in racing games where people just go whichever way they want and don't actually try to get around the track and beat the other racers).
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 09:08:25 PM »
Boy, have I got a long list of these things, but I have already said them a million times in a million other threads, mostly my own.

Hearing about all these rape cases really stirs up my anger.  I am highly protective of all of the women that I know, even on this forum.  I don't know how I would control myself if a case like that struck close to home.  Imagine, some young woman's life forever scarred because of one sick freak who leads that lifestyle. 

Another thing is rap music.  I can't stand it, plain and simple.  Give me that old time rock and roll anyday.  Bob Seger wrote a song explaining exactly how I feel about today's music.  The only new music that I listen to is Christian music.  Those are the only kinds of songs that have a positive message these days.   
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print