Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710196 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5850 on: July 28, 2009, 03:43:26 PM »
Just hit delete?
That was a joke.

« Reply #5851 on: July 28, 2009, 04:02:59 PM »
The notes always have and still do line up fine with the music. GH does have a larger input window so you could conceivably play an entire song slightly ahead or behind the music and succeed. But that's your problem, not the game's. If you're on beat you'll hit the notes. When Harmonix jumped to RB they tightened the timing and Neversoft has stuck with the looser GH window.

And regardless of your personal opinion of the GH/RB gameplay, if you think the fact that in five years we've gone from playing rhythm games with a couple dozen Japanese-made covers to getting an entire game of Beatles master tracks with full albums of DLC continually coming is a bad thing, you're straight messed in the head.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5852 on: July 28, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »
It isn't the music, it's the manner in which you interact (actually, don't interact) with it.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5853 on: July 28, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
The notes seem to match up fine to me...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5854 on: July 28, 2009, 10:34:56 PM »
Well, I'm really more of a fan where the music is at least a little more personal in relation to the game, but being able to "shred the classics of rock" on a plastic guitar is still pretty cool although maybe it's getting a little out of hand nowadays.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:18:25 PM by SolidShroom »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5855 on: August 07, 2009, 07:25:59 PM »
I'm not sure if angst is the right word for it, but I worry about my dad.  He always called my step-mother before lunch and before coming home from work.  He ate lunch at home with her most days too.  Now he's all alone in a house full of her stuff.

She'd been collecting dishes and books for her kids, grandkids, etc.  My step-mother didn't want anything gone through for at least two weeks after she was gone.  Now  that most of the family has gone back to their homes he has to sort all of stuff out almost completely on his own. 

On top of all of all that her clinically crazy brother is still living in a camper at my dads house.  He had attacked my step-mother at least once and is there because he was put in her custody after something happened with the police.  Now my dad has to get him off the property before he hurts anyone else. 

Edit:  BTW, this was my step-mother's only post here:  http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?action=profile;u=58270;sa=showPosts  She never got to hold Hannah, but at least she saw her on the web cam once and saw some pictures.
I've been going through some of my old posts and many seem surreal.  Some even seem like someone else could have written them, but his one is special.  It haunts me.  It was a very sad time when my step-mother died and I now realize that I didn't even say that in the above post. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5856 on: August 13, 2009, 01:43:04 PM »
Okay, I'm not quite sure this counts as angst (more like bewilderment really), but here goes (the following story is probably mildly NSFW).

So I'm at my girlfriend's house when one thing leads to another and we're making out. I'm thinking, good job Glorb, until she pulls away. My first thought is that my odor offends, so I ask if anything's wrong. She says no and then asks "Oh my god, you know what would be so hot?"

Now at this point, several thoughts are rushing through my head. Part of me is thinking aw yeah, I might just get lucky. Another part is thinking what if she says something really creepy or weird? I say "What?" and that's when she gives this gem:

Quote from: Morgan
If, like, I walked in on you masturbating, and you were really nervous 'cause I saw you, and I said, "Don't be", and then I helped you out.

This prompts the biggest "uhhhm" I've ever made as I struggle to make sense of this perfect storm of insane words, like it was a sentence specifically constructed to be a subliminal attack on my mind. I'm tempted to say "Whatever floats your boat" but fear that might offend her. So eventually she asks "Wait, is that really weird or something?" I go "Yeah, kind of" and the subject kind of drifts away.

But like, it is weird, right? What exactly does "helping me out" entail? Like, giving me pointers on proper noodle-yanking protocol? Should I be creeped out by this or not?
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5857 on: August 13, 2009, 02:21:27 PM »
Dude....you should've agreed with her. That's basically a cookie-cutter pr0n premise right there...and it could've happened to you right at that very moment.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:26:47 PM by The Chef »

« Reply #5858 on: August 13, 2009, 02:40:33 PM »
And thus Glorb missed out on his first handjob.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5859 on: August 13, 2009, 05:56:07 PM »
[darn], man... I don't want to make you feel any worse and/or embarassed than you already do, but I'm probably the most virginal guy on this board and even I'd know what that meant (read: What LD said).

With some fine-tuning, that could be a plot point in the next Judd Apatow movie.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5860 on: August 13, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »
The way she said it was hilarious. Do you have a recording of this by any chance?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5861 on: August 13, 2009, 07:31:04 PM »
See, you guys weren't there. She said it in the most ****ing creepy-ass voice I've ever heard from her. It was more unsettling than hot, trust me. That and the fact that before that she had previously acted fairly innocent compared to every other girl I've gone out with.

To put it in perspective, imagine your dad casually mentioning he's had sex with hundreds of anonymous men and then dropping it like he hadn't said anything.
every

« Reply #5862 on: August 13, 2009, 07:34:13 PM »
I'm angst that Glorb has a gf before me but I'm also enlightened by the hilarious situation.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #5863 on: August 13, 2009, 07:40:44 PM »
Do you have a recording of this by any chance?
LOL!                                                                 (Do you?)

She said it in the most ****ing creepy-ass voice I've ever heard from her.
Maybe she was just trying to sound sultry but is bad at it from lack of practice (especially if she's innocent like you say). I recommend putting her to the test and next time you're hanging out in her room and she leaves to get a drink or something, whip it out and pretend to get busy.

Anyway, keep us posted. ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #5864 on: August 13, 2009, 08:02:47 PM »
A close enough approximation, would you say?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print