Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1709888 times)

« Reply #6285 on: January 08, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »
I don't have enough money, I don't have a girlfriend and drinking rights but I do have family.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #6286 on: January 08, 2010, 08:39:23 PM »
heres some complaints i have]about NOA...
no devilworld
no wrecking crew 98
no super mario 128
no mother 1 or 3
star fox adventures!?(i blame rare)
nothing remotely similar to the       famicom disc system
no star fox 2
no kirby air ride 64
no earthbound 64
smb2(usa) sucked...
wont reply to any contact, and
no kirby tilt and tumble 2

thats all i got so far, but ill get more soon
Guess who's back!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6287 on: January 08, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »
no star fox 2
no kirby air ride 64
no earthbound 64

Two of these games weren't even finished, and none of them ever got released anywhere.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6288 on: January 08, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »
But it is possible to play Star Fox 2 on a ROM. Fun game by the way.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6289 on: January 08, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »
And it's possible to play Earthbound 64 on a GBA. Heyooo!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6290 on: January 09, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »
That reminds me, I still need to get the Mother 3 fan-translation and play it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #6291 on: January 09, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »
these don't make me feel any better about NOA!
Guess who's back!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6292 on: January 09, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »
In all honesty, then I'm not sure there's much anything that'll make you feel better about NoA at this point.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6293 on: January 12, 2010, 05:00:02 PM »
So I just fell in love with a girl through her Facebook profile. She caught my eye in gym class because she's ridiculously cute, and I semi-awkwardly (okay, it was probably fully awkwardly) told her I liked her hair and her nose on the first day; today, on a whim, I looked for her on Facebook (didn't know her last name, so it took a while) and found that it turns out we have a lot in common (both big important fundamental things and small endearing details). So... what the heck am I supposed to do now? Is there a non-creepy way to say "Based on the two hours I spent yesterday trying to find you on Facebook and then looking through all of your groups and fan pages and notes and pieces of flair, I think we should date"?

I might just go for it. It's my last semester here; I really want to screw the rules and and just start carping the diem. Maybe.

EDIT: That was weird... her profile just popped up in a tab right next to this one. My browser's been kind of temperamental lately; I might have clicked it from somewhere a while ago and it just now decided to open, in a weird way. Or maybe it's a sign or something.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:05:17 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6294 on: January 12, 2010, 05:22:56 PM »
You find a cute girl and think that's ANGST thread material?  Well, good luck, in any case.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6295 on: January 12, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »
Weegee's suggestion: Try to find her on-campus and initiate conversation. Once your acquaintanceship is firmly established, send out a friend request on Facebook. Afterwards, gradually implement an awkward, Michael Cera-style courtship. DISREGARD THAT; MY RELATIONSHIP ADVICE HAS BEEN DEEMED INVALID

Either way, to quote a fellow Forumgoer,
Just do it, man.
...And if things work out, you'll get that girl before I can say Poontang.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:31:26 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6296 on: January 12, 2010, 06:11:26 PM »
Looking up common interests on Facebook and using them as criteria for whether or not you like someone has proven completely ineffectual (and benignly disastrous) in my experience. Suggest you find, talk, spend time first before making any other indications.

ProTip: Don't actually be awkward, no matter what Weegee says. It doesn't help. At all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:13:57 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6297 on: January 12, 2010, 07:15:10 PM »
You told her you like her nose? For real?

I'm sure she has a nice nose and all, but that's a really weird thing to say to someone.

Lay off of Facebook and go talk to her (although you might want to keep the compliments normal and not mention your Facebook stalking). Most people get to know each other before they start dating, so ask her out for a cup of coffee or lunch sometime.

Once you've established yourself as a casual acquaintance, go ahead and send a friend invite if she hasn't herself.

At this point you can serenade her with emoticons, or whatever it is you plan to do.

Also, the internet tough-guy in me is angry that you said you love this girl you've spoken to once. You don't.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:17:21 PM by Black Mage »

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #6298 on: January 12, 2010, 11:18:35 PM »
BM, you right break out truth Man!
(i just embraced my inner Glorb.)
Guess who's back!!!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6299 on: January 13, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »
I don't even know how to initiate conversation with a girl in the first place (at least, a conversation in which the potential of being more than friends is on the table), let alone when I have to do it while acting like I totally didn't look up all her interests online before really meeting her. So I'm figuring if I do anything, I might actually just gonna be honest and say I looked her up online and thought she sounded cool. Eventually, at least. If I just started talking to her without ever mentioning it, I think I'd feel like I was kind of leading her on (especially if we "just happened" to find out later on that we have common interests).

I'll try to say it in a non-awkward way, but if it wasn't at least a little awkward, it wouldn't really be me. I am willing to change myself for someone, if it's one of the things about me that really needs to be changed and I can genuinely change it, but I don't want to ever pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm not in this dating thing to get in people's pants, I'm looking for a lifelong companion, and if I start building that relationship on deception, it's all downhill from here. Heck, if all I wanted was sex, it's not like I haven't got hands. I don't need to waste anyone else's time if that's what I'm ultimately after (If this part sounds like I'm implying that all of you guys are just a bunch of depraved emotionless sex maniacs, that's not at all what I'm trying to imply. Sorry if it sounded that way. This kind of stuff doesn't usually translate too well from my head into words).

Awkward is who I am, and while I do want to and am trying to become at least a little more socially competent, I don't think I'm ever going to outgrow it completely, and I need someone who will be cool with that part of me, as well as the part of me that compliments noses. I'm not going to intentionally enhance my awkwardness in a vain effort to be more endearing and Cera-esque (well, okay, I might a little, but that seems to be involuntary), but if I tried to overly suppress my awkwardness, it would just be awkward. And if things are going to be awkward anyway, I might as well do it in the way that's familiar to me.

Ugh, I hate being such a drama monarch about this stuff. Every time I think about asking a girl out, it turns into a ten-minute long monologue like this (these four paragraphs are severely pared down from the way it went in my head) that gets way melodramatic. Why can't I be more casual? Do I even want to be? Ah, [darn it], I'm just gonna talk to her tomorrow and say... something. I don't know. Part of me is saying that if she's really right for me, she won't just instantly reject me, but the rest of me is still afraid of ruining my chances with someone who seems to be so perfect. It's kind of like my fear of heights -- whenever I'm somewhere really high up, I get worried about falling, not because the odds of falling are any higher than they are on the ground (they're usually not), but because the consequences of screwing up this time are so high.

Her profile picture is some character from FLCL, so maybe I'll see her at anime club when it starts up next month. Maybe I'll just wait for that. Might be a bit of a gamble, though.

I also notice that it seems like I basically came here for advice, then rejected all advice that wasn't what I already wanted to believe. Sorry about that, guys. I'll try to be a better advice recipient next time. I know going with my gut has never gotten me a girl before, but in retrospect, all of the girls it failed on would have been wrong for me anyway, and I don't think that's just sour grapes talking. So maybe.

(and it was a very cute nose, by the way)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:24:49 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print