Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1708516 times)

« Reply #7830 on: October 30, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »
Perhaps "obscure" wasn't the right word.

Quote from: Capsized
i'm really sorry to come to you with bad news today, but yesterday paypal has decided to 'permamanently limit' my account because they found out i've used to receive funds generated by this site and that is against their tos. also permanently limited is paypal term for 'we perma b& u and your family as long as you live under the same address and try to register another account evar again'. so yeah, that sucks and i'm a teeny bit butthurt, but whatever. can't pretend i didn't see that coming.

quoik faq tl;dr style:
what does this mean for chanarchive?
- can't pay the next server invoice due this coming friday.

can't you save the site somehow?
- well, here is the thing... do i really, really want to? together with some personal [dukar] going down at the moment, i seriously have no motivation jumping though hoops and ****ing loops to run this site anymore. on th contrary, i'm a bit relieved to be released (albeit forcefully) from this burden.

is there really nothing that could be done?
- well, there is a way to redirect the ad revenue to paxum and get a master card from them and pay the servers that way. but issuing that card would take a month and with the site going down presumably next weekend, we'd still be facing several weeks downtime.

is there really, really, really nothing that can be done?
- well, i'm ready to give the source code of the site and all the content to someone who wants to continue running it. main requirement is that you absolutely need to have ruby on rails knowledge in order to run this [dukar] and need to be ready to put some time in this. i'll even be willing to give a financial headstart, so feel free spread this message and interested folks can contact me at capsized@chanarchive.org.

really sorry that it had to come to this and it doesn't feel good to throw away a project that i've worked on for so many years.
thanks go to all the volunteers, too many to list them all, who actually made it possible to run this site.

thank you all for an amazing time.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7831 on: October 30, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
I'm busy; somebody update my "RIP Encylopedia Dramatica" image.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7832 on: November 03, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
It happened. Feel free to leave your condolences on the placeholder discussion page.

EDIT: In an incredible turn of events, ED is looking to rescue the Archive.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:04:51 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #7833 on: November 05, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »
I have angst because my stepfather is emotionally abusing my mother, and I'm too much of a ***** to stand up to him. He's a jerk to my five year old brother, too.

In similarly lame news, I must now go outside every weekend and leave my room for most of the afternoon (i.e. when I'm not sleeping/at school) to "build up social skills", nevermind that I'm supposed to build social skills by talking to my mom, her boyfriend, and a five year old. Or that it's around 40 degrees daily outside, now. Not even fun cold, like snowy and such.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:38:29 PM by Sapphira »
Relics.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7834 on: November 05, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
I have ANGST because everything in our garage got destroyed due to the flooding from the storm. Worst of all, my old art from when I was little was the first to get hit. :'(

« Reply #7835 on: November 05, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
In similarly lame news, I must now go outside every weekend and leave my room for most of the afternoon (i.e. when I'm not sleeping/at school) to "build up social skills"

Why can't you just build social skills at school?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7836 on: November 06, 2012, 04:47:27 PM »
I dunno, I just don't like people, I guess.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:44:03 PM by TheMightyThor »
Relics.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7837 on: November 06, 2012, 04:58:44 PM »
You better. They're all you got.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7838 on: November 06, 2012, 07:14:18 PM »
Where are you going to apply these social skills if not around people at some point?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7839 on: November 08, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
I dunno. I'm not sure what they're useful for. 'Cept to get a job, but I have absolutely no plan for my future whatsoever and I predict that I'll be stuck living in some cramped lonely apartment until I'm in my mid-thirties due to, again, no plan for the future. I suppose I have the grades to get into college...maybe...but I just...have no idea where to go from there.
Relics.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7840 on: November 08, 2012, 09:17:48 PM »
I remember when I was in high school.  My older sister would always ask me what my plans were for college, and I would half-jokingly respond that I figured I would have died by the time I was eighteen.  I wasn't suicidal, I just had no aspirations or hope for the future.  It wasn't until I got to college that I was able to discover new ideas and social events that allowed me to better understand what I want and who I am.

"People" are a mixed bag: some of them are pretty good, and some of them are very unlikable.  Just remember Brentilda in Banjo-Kazooie: you can gain vital information to beat the game by interacting with her on a regular basis.  Likewise, your health with remain intact if you avoid interacting with enemies: if you cannot avoid them, you must use the skills you've learned from others (Bottles) to assert yourself and confront the issue.  And if you collect tokens for Shamans, they'll turn you into magical creatures.  Wait, what was I talking about again?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #7841 on: November 09, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
That's some sage advice, Markio. I'll keep that in mind.

In other news, a transsexual (and pansexual) person I know is potentially being sent to one of those places that "fix" your sexual orientation. His (This person is biologically female, but identifies as male, and wishes to get a sex change when he's older.) mom has basically disowned him, is always yelling at him for his gender identity and sexual orientation, and, in the word of my friend, was sent to a "doctor" who was trying to say, in short, "Hey. You're a girl. Start acting like it." It makes me extremely angry to see someone who can't even appreciate the flesh and blood they spent hours giving birth to just because of they might like someone of their own sex, or doesn't feel like they're really a boy/girl.
Relics.

« Reply #7842 on: November 09, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »
That doctor must've gotten his medical license from the 1950s...
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7843 on: November 09, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
At least in the 50's they didn't kill you over it.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

« Reply #7844 on: November 09, 2012, 04:14:10 PM »

Print