Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Super Mario Galaxy  (Read 29138 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: May 09, 2006, 01:46:07 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy (temporary name)
Format: Wii
Launch Date: TBA
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: Action Platformer
Accessories: Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller
Players: 1-2
Developer: Nintendo
KEY INFORMATION
The ultimate Nintendo hero is taking the ultimate step - out into space. Join Mario as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across all the planets in the galaxy.
-- Shake, tilt and point! Mario takes advantage of all the unique aspects of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller, unleashing new moves as players shake the controller and even point at and drag items with the pointer.
-- Mario essentially defined the 3-D platforming genre with Super Mario 64, and this game proves once again that he is king. Players perform mind-bending, low-gravity jumps across wild alien terrain as they experience platforming for a new generation.

Game storyline: When some creature escapes into space with Princess Peach, Mario gives chase, exploring bizarre planets all across the galaxy.

Characters: Mario, Peach and enemies new and old.

How to progress through the game: Players run, jump and battle enemies as they explore all the planets in the galaxy. Since this game makes full use of all the features of the Wii Remote, players have to do all kinds of things to succeed: pressing buttons, swinging the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk, and even pointing at and dragging things with the pointer.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Since he's in space, Mario can perform mind-bending jumps unlike anything he's done before. He'll also have a wealth of new moves that are all based around tilting, pointing and shaking the Wii Remote.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 10:46:34 AM by Deezer »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »
Could this be... the true Mario 128?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 03:44:47 PM »
If it breaks new grounds in gaming as we know it, it most likely is the true Super Mario 128.  I saw a screenshot, and it looks amazing.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 04:22:05 PM »
My gosh, this sounds brilliant! I've never been so excited about a Nintendo game in years!

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 04:29:43 PM »
I looks rockin!!! I gotta get it! (Also it looks like the true sequel to Super Mario 64) My niece (and I) will be most pleased. The screenshot looks rockin!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 05:04:32 PM »
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 05:32:40 PM »
Don't mean to be negative here, but based on screenshots and the news from G4's special on E3...

No...just...no.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 06:43:24 PM »

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »
I finally registered on the Fungi Forums just so I could talk about this game. I don't know what to say, except I'm crazy excited about it. My favorite franchise + my favorite genre = <3

I think the name sounds great, and I wouldn't mind if it stuck. It'll be interesting to see what kind of classic Mario enemies show up in this new environment.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 11:33:01 PM »
TATANGA

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 12:26:09 AM »
Nintendo, you rock! :D :D :D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 12:30:51 AM »
Oh, but I hope this ISN'T the final Super Mario 128. Why? Because then we have this AND SM128! But it looks amazing.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 05:25:31 AM »
It's not Super Mario 128, it's the next game in the progression: Super Mario Land, Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy.  I guess Super Mario Sunshine could be part of this prograssion too, between World and Galaxy, in place of the missing, ugly-named Super Mario Stellar System.

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 08:27:39 AM »
Didn't we hear that SM128 was going to have a new character?  Do you think the enemy could be this new character?  Otherwise, I bet it could be something that helps you work with the new controller, like a cute little alien that explains things you should already know.  "Swing the controller around like a madman to make Mario jump to the next planet!  Be careful not to break things!"

Edit: I wish that Mario could rescue someone else besides Peach this time.  Like the presidents from each planet or something!  "Oh thank heavens!  I'm back to my old planet again!"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:30:27 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »
Definitely worth the 4 year wait.

*Is willing to sacrifice his first child for the game*
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print