Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391668 times)

« Reply #870 on: August 03, 2009, 07:22:52 PM »
With the DS, you could just walk around a residential or business area until you found an open wireless connection.

Reversal Challenge looks like Go.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #871 on: August 03, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »
Or, more probably, Othello.

« Reply #872 on: August 03, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »
Hmm, yeah.

The point CE7 brings up about the beer pong censorship proves beer is worse than nudity, which is worse than violence.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #873 on: August 03, 2009, 07:59:48 PM »
To be fair, though, they never get totally nude. And they're manga-styled cartoons. Made by Canadians for some reason.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #874 on: August 03, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-shelled

Time to blow the dust off of my 360.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #875 on: August 04, 2009, 12:20:16 AM »
I was all psyched to play TMNT tonight with my friends, however I stupidly failed to check the actual release date, because I only knew it came out this week sometime.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #876 on: August 04, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »
I've got my own edition, it seems.

And LD, it's artist, not maker. Jeez.
every

« Reply #877 on: August 10, 2009, 11:53:51 AM »
C.O.R.E. has been "released" a few times already so when I saw it coming out again this week I looked at Wikipedia in my confusion. Someone there wrote that it has had "8 false release dates" already.

LucasArts's recent embrace of retro title digital distribution must apply to VC too, because here's Super Star Wars! (ProTip: Only Super Return of the Jedi is beatable by a human/non-Jedi Master.)

Gorillaz in RB.

A movie based on my favorite book, The Time Traveler's Wife, comes out Friday. I couldn't bear to see it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #878 on: August 10, 2009, 01:34:43 PM »
Gorillaz in RB = Oh god yes yes YES

Although personally I would have preferred M1 A1 in there somewhere.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #879 on: August 10, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »
If I'm correct, Fossil Fighters is Pokemon with dinosaurs and NyxQuest is that one Kid Icarus rip-off that Nintendo got ****ed at so they changed the name.

Oh, and though I won't be seeing it in theaters, I think The Time Traveler's Wife looks kind of interesting.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #880 on: August 10, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »
Very interesting. Read the book.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #881 on: August 10, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
Virtual Console
Super Star Wars (SNES)

WiiWare
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
Rock N' Roll Climber

DSiWare
Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters
First week I've wanted four downloads.  My only complaint is that none of them are Duck Tales.  Also, what's with all the Star Wars love all of the sudden.  Is there some release I'm unaware of?  A new movie?  Blu-Ray?  Game? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #882 on: August 10, 2009, 06:37:29 PM »
Well, for one thing, Super Star Wars was critically acclaimed upon its release, and is probably still the best movie game out there... Not saying that as if it's an impressive achievement, of course.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #883 on: August 10, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »
I should have been more specific: 

The Force is Strong with This One: Star Wars Content Blasts onto Wii Console

Multiple LucasArts Super Nintendo Games Head to Virtual Console

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Fans of Star Wars® and classic Nintendo games will want to keep an eye on their Wii™ Shop Channel for the next month. Nintendo will be releasing multiple LucasArts favorites for Virtual Console™, starting today with Super Star Wars®. In the coming weeks, both Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back® and Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi® will be added to the Virtual Console lineup. All three Super Star Wars games were originally released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ and will be available at 800 Wii Points™each.

The arrival of the first three games will be accompanied by additional Star Wars-themed content on other Wii channels throughout the week. The Check Mii Out Channel will invite people to submit their best Mii™ character renditions of classic Star Wars characters. On the Everybody Votes Channel, users can cast their votes to help settle old debates, such as the proper order to watch the six Star Wars films, and who fired first – Han Solo or Greedo?

“Our expanded partnership with LucasArts brings the Star Wars and Nintendo universes together,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “These three Super Star Wars games represent fantastic additions to the growing Virtual Console library, and the exclusive Star Wars content on the other Wii Menu channels is sure to have people from different generations having fun and interacting with one another.”

“Virtual Console on Wii is a great way to make these games available to our fans again, and it’s an awesome opportunity to expose our classic console titles to an entirely new audience,” said Darrell Rodriguez, president of LucasArts.

Additional classic LucasArts games for Virtual Console will be announced in the future.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #884 on: August 10, 2009, 07:00:47 PM »
Very interesting. Read the book.

Speaking of which, The Fantastic Mr. Fox, a book by the ever popular Robert Roald Dahl (author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) is getting its own movie too. It's coming out in November and the trailer can be viewed on a bunch of websites I won't list.

No offensive to any furries here, but it looks godawful. I gotta give 'em credit 'cause they managed to get some really big names to play in it including Bill Murray, Meryl Streep, Owen Wilson, and George Clooney as Mr. Fox. But...judging from the trailer, I'd say the humor is pretty stale. Same goes for the animation.

EDIT: Fixed because PaperLuigi thinks he knows what he's talking about but really doesn't.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 04:58:18 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print