Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console  (Read 10605 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: December 22, 2006, 01:21:05 AM »
The NES classic Super Mario Bros. will finally be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel on Christmas. Just like all other NES titles in the Shop, SMB will cost 500 Wii Points.

Link: NOA's Media Site

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 07:08:41 AM »
I wonder if it'll come with all tne bugs and glitches had by the original version.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 07:13:04 AM »
IT BETTER.

It's emulator-based, right?  So it would just be a ROM, right?  So there's no real good reason to touch it, right?

NOTE: I have thought before, though, that optional bugfixes and stuff would be nice.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »
Why does Deezer have to post a link to SMB?? We all know about the game, don't we??
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 03:19:31 PM »
I bet there are a lot of young gamers that don't know about it. Or Deezer wanted to showcase information on his site.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 04:40:49 PM »
Deezer is being a good administrator and providing easy access to learn more about the information he is presenting.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 06:09:56 PM »
*pats Deezer on the head and feeds him a biscuit*

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 07:09:15 PM »
Why not just feed him bread?? *SushieBoy feeds Deezer some bread*

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 09:54:03 PM »
Deezer is supposed to feed us bread, SB. Especially Mr. Face.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 03:46:17 PM by The Chef »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 10:31:50 PM »
Whoooze Deeexer

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 11:24:29 PM »
Oops, *opens Deezer's mouth, falls in, Mario pipe noise can be heard*

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 12:58:40 AM »
This will be my first NES game I download. I wish it was the Super Mario All-Stars version, but the original is still good.

Now give me Super Mario World Nintendo, that is the best 2D Mario game (and possible best Mario game overall) and I want it.
Help a struggling college student by buying games from my Amazon site (see the link in my profile)

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 02:09:11 PM »
I have downloaded it.. Is there a way to get out of the second quest? (the Goombas have been replaced with Beetles, and the timer goes a bit faster)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 06:18:37 PM »
Did you try pushing the "reset" button on the Home menu?
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 06:36:08 PM »
Yup.. that didn't work. Neither did pushing Reset on the console itself.

I did turn off my system for a couple of hours while my family played Nintendo-poly (Nintendo Monopoly). When I turned the game back on, it was back in the first quest. >_>
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print