Print

Author Topic: Worst ways to die in a video game.  (Read 50524 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »
That isn't a reason.

Assuming you're referring to my statement about FFTA: Fine, I'll give another reason. I just don't like the more recent games in the FF series (VII-XII), partially because of how awful Dirge of Cerberus was, partially because when I tried to play FFVIII, I ended up playing the card game too much, and partially because I've been helping one of my girlfriend's friends with her FFVA cartridge (and in the process creating a running joke about some sort of "undefeatable" monster).

No, I don't care that the Kingdom Hearts series features characters from VII-X-2 in prominent roles.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2007, 02:44:25 PM »
I kinda liked FF9, due to all the throwbacks to the classic games. I also wish Squeenix would treat the Chrono series better. They'd better show up in KH3 or  I'll.... I'll.....

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2007, 08:28:13 PM »
What in blazes? Those reasons are just as insanely bad! You don't like VII-XII because of Dirge of Cerberus? o_O You don't like VIII because you play an aspect of it too much? O_o You don't like VII-XII because of VA? O_O

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2007, 12:22:28 AM »
I'm pretty much inclined to say that those aren't reasons either.
In related news, I really need to actually play FFXII since I own it and all.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2007, 05:21:52 PM »
Actually, I'm just trying to annoy people by giving stupid fake reasons. And I'm borrowing FFXII from a friend so I can play it and write a review on it, and I still haven't put it in the system, because, really, Kingdom Hearts II is taking up any time I spend playing the system (especially since my review on it is due on Friday). Also, the real reason I don't like FFVII is because I played the game, and I thought it was boring and overhyped. FFVIII was fun (even the non-card game parts), but I didn't have the time to get very far (I think I had just gotten Ifrit), and I don't want to deal with persuading my (other) friend to let me borrow it again. I haven't played FFIX or FFXI yet, but since one of them is a four-disc game (and the same reason for VIII), I definitely don't have the time to play it, and since the other is an MMO, I don't have the money to play it. I haven't played FFX or FFX-2 yet, because apparently my younger brother is allowed to play each and every one of my games, but I'm not allowed to play his. Other than that, I've liked every game, except for II and VI (and I haven't played them yet, so I can't really say anything about them). Once I finish KHII and FFXII, I might get around to those two.

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2007, 02:09:24 AM »
You got to Ifrit? LOL

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2007, 08:50:04 AM »
In Bomberman64, you die simply by falling off ledges into the infinite sky beneath the world.  The creators were racist, making him white and also unable to jump... just kidding.

In Super Mario 64, in the Vanishing Cap level, if you fall off the ledge while burning the last of your HP, you exit the level and drown.  Then there's the times you can hit the ground, lose your HP, and bounce into a cannon and shoot yourself somewhere else to die.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2007, 10:20:40 PM »
LD, I got past Ifrit, but then I stopped playing it because other things came up.

I can't believe I forgot about self-bombing deaths. Sure, they don't happen to me that much (thanks to the LoZ health system in Bomberman Tournament, the only one I've played lately), but if I'm playing against CPUs (since no one around me has a GBA or is grounded from theirs), they happen every other round. Against other players...they're usually the self-bombers.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2007, 10:24:59 PM »
You act like the 1-disc PS2 DVD games are somehow going to be shorter than the 4-disc PSX CD games. What?
That was a joke.

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2007, 12:35:09 AM »
FFX, yes it's actually shorter.

FFXII, hahahahahahahahahahha. Have fun.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2007, 12:49:29 AM »
The time I'm willing to spend on a console game is directly proportional to how much I'd want to write a review of it, and to whether or not it can actually be found in stores. Even if the 1-disc game is longer than the 4-disc game, which one does my audience (the school I write the reviews for, not the people who visit my website) want to hear about more: the one that they could easily find at GameStop or Wal-Mart, or the one they'd have to search online for (since GameStop stopped selling PSone and N64 games sometime last year, and the only other store around here that was selling games older than current-gen closed a few months after it opened)?

Back on the topic of worst ways to die: Did anybody already mention Lavos?

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2007, 02:42:01 AM »
The worst way to die is definetly when you get killed by Crazy hand and/or master hand in SSBM escpecially when your really close to winning
"It's-a Me Mario"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2007, 08:32:46 AM »
I can totally agree with that, Oxide.

I now miss self-bombing, because in the BT quest mode, I'm now dealing with an enemy that can not only throw my bombs, but can also detonate them without hurting itself. And it takes more than one hit to kill, so I still haven't gotten past that room.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2007, 02:35:48 PM »
B-man Tournament kinda stinks compared to other Bomberman games. For me, the best one is either Saturn Bomberman or Super Bomberman.

As for dying, I recently remembered one when I was playing SMB the other day:

Dying in the exact same spot twice even if you realize the mistake you made the first time. It's worse if you do that more that twice.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2007, 01:42:45 AM »
Getting killed by Hunter-X's super-huge-whatever cannon-laser-thing, being restored by Auto-Life, and lasting just long enough for it to happen again.

I hate Proud mode.

Print