Print

Author Topic: What New Brawl Things Do You Want?  (Read 58232 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »
I want an Excite Truck stage with randomly generated terrain. Only downside is it'd have to have Excite Truck music on it...

Hmm...

I also want to play songs from an SD card.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2008, 07:09:51 AM »
I also want to play songs from an SD card.
Don't we all... (eh, I actually figure I can just lower the in-game music level and play my own stuff from external speakers if  I want it so bad,  but it still would be a nice built-in thing, no matter how much music Brawl has)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2008, 07:20:32 AM »
Or at least make every song playable on every stage. (or is that something you unlock later?) I love 75m, but it only has one decent song, and that one gets repetitive pretty quickly.

In fact, that would go well with the idea that someone had (can't remember if it was here or on GameFAQs) to be able to edit existing stages in the stage editor, which would let tourney players conform stages to their idea of fairness, and allow me to put the Douchuumann song, or however it's spelled, on 75m.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2008, 04:40:01 PM »
You guys are stupid for wanting to insert other music into (or over) the game's music. It is a horrible and bad idea.
That was a joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »
You guys are stupid
Isn't that typically considered flaming? And honestly, it's not that stupid.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
Yeah, I get into the mood for all sorts of music. Sure, video game music is great, but sometimes I just urge something different.
Ditto used Machop!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
I don't want to put it over the game's music, I want to put it alongside the game's music. That's why just turning down the music and playing music over my own speakers isn't enough.

Besides, it came up when I was mentioning an Excite Truck stage. You'd rather listen to Excite Truck rock than, say, Queen? Or Okkusenman? Or Chocolate Rain?

For a final illustration, as good as the Zelda music in Brawl is, could any of it ever match the epicness of Falcon Punching R.O.B. off the Pictochat stage while Never Gonna Give You Up plays in the background? I didn't think so.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 05:37:31 PM by CrossEyed7 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »
I'd almost only use a feature like that for custom stages. The other stages have plenty of tracks that actually turned out pretty well, contrary to the impression the music updates on the DOJO gave me. Though, I would like to add some things to some stages such as Onett, which bums me out that all its music is not directly taken from EarthBound, but Mother.

I love 75m, but it only has one decent song, and that one gets repetitive pretty quickly.

Reversed for me. 75m and Mario Bros. were good ideas, but suck as stages. I hate stages that kill players instantly, or at least twice as often as other players. Rumble Falls fit this category with those poison-looking spikes. But they (Mario Bros. and 75m) have some good music.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2008, 05:54:53 PM »
It would be fine for custom stages.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2008, 11:54:05 AM »
It would be nice if they had the original bread-and-butter SMB overworld theme.  Classic.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print