Print

Author Topic: What New Brawl Things Do You Want?  (Read 58255 times)

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 06:23:17 PM »
I'd personally like to see Waluigi in a bigger role, but I don't think he should be in Brawl simply because he hasn't been in enough important roles yet, nor is there much demand for him.

imo, he would fit in well alongside Wario in a Popple and Rookie-type role in a M&L sequel, assuming of course Popple and Rookie don't return.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 06:26:58 PM »
[though Waluigi doesn't have any moves]).

Actually, he has that rocket kick he uses in Mario Strikers, and the vine whip in Charged.

BTW, I seriously don't think Star Wars characters should be in Brawl. They aren't even video game characters. Yeah, they've been in some video games, but the same could be said for a lot of other characters.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 06:33:15 PM »
I just got an idea. A Mario Galaxy-themed stage, complete with circularity and gravity pulling you down towards it. Maybe multiple planetoids, between which you can jump. To be KO'd, you must be sent flying off the sides of the screen--but no matter which direction, you'll fall towards the center in the background/hit the camera as if sent off the top.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 08:18:31 PM »
All I said was I wanted him for Brawl, but apparently I can't even say that without having to explain myself.

That's how it works whenever anyone says they want a certain character in Brawl. The character either needs to be someone with a huge role in their series or someone popular enough to warrant being included. That's practically why people look down upon characters like Pichu, Ice Climbers, and any third party character who isn't from the last 2 decades.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
In terms of the games, Pichu means more to the Pokémon series than Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is only in Smash because the terrible show made it so popular.

The Ice Climbers are there because they wanted a character to represent an old NES arcade game, and Balloon Fighter wasn't cut out for it without personality or potential attacks.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 10:04:30 PM »
What's wrong with Waluigi?  I wouldn't mind him in Brawl.  I mean, if they had to take out a cool character like Sonic for him to be in there, that would suck.  And you don't even have to play as him if you don't wan't to!
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 01:44:15 PM »
What's wrong with Waluigi?  I wouldn't mind him in Brawl.  I mean, if they had to take out a cool character like Sonic for him to be in there, that would suck.  And you don't even have to play as him if you don't wan't to!

Typically in game such as this, yeah, I'd have to play him if I want to unlock stuff.

THE MOST CONTRIVED VIDEO GAME CHARACTER EVER.

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 01:58:25 PM »
I agree with Bird Person. While my friend and I were playing Melee on Brinstar Depths, I began to think of the Melty Molten Galaxy and said, "They should make a Mario Galaxy stage for brawl!". I mean, think about it. It could be like the side-scrolling stages, too. When you jump close to another planet, you get caught in its gravitational pull or something. And Star Bits could rain from the sky and be picked up and thrown at opponents.

For a character suggestion, Luigi. Not Luigi with Mario's moves, but Luigi. He could have his traits from Galaxy (jumps higher, farther, runs faster, stops harder) and other Mario games. Top it all off with new moves to make a completely original Luigi. His Final Smash could be, like, Mr. L or something where all his attacks are darkness-oriented and twice as powerful.

An assist trophy idea is the Fighting Polygon Team from SSB. We haven't seen them in ages. I guess they could all do some kind of team-based attack to do major damage to your opponents.

I have two suggestions for items:

Floro Sprout- From Super Paper Mario, it could briefly turn your character into a Lv. 9 CPU while you sit back and watch the Brawl for a bit.
Sport Stick- I thought this one up. When you pick it up, it turns into a random sports object like a tennis racket, ping-pong paddle, bowling ball, etc.

On the topic of Waluigi, he is not needed. He was simply created as an extra fill-in for Party and Sports games.

KOOLO LIMPA!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »
Luigi was hardly a Mario clone at all in Melee. In fact, most of his attacks are different.
Edit: I don't get why everybody wants Luigi to be so different from Mario. I mean, they started out as the very definition of clones.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:08:25 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 03:39:35 PM »
Jigglypuff is only in Smash because the terrible show made it so popular

Can the same be said of Pikachu?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »
Why can't everybody just get there mind of off Waluigi being in Brawl... I know this probaly isn't helping!

What about a controllerable Banzai Bill (like the one from Peach's Castle, in Melee) as an Item, not an actual character

Also how about an Item that extand the charactes field of reach, like the extending arm that wario has in Mario Tennis for GameCube. What about that?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:10:27 PM by Suffix »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 04:07:38 PM »
How about an item that lets you edit your posts instead of posting three times in a row? Like a pencil, between a message block and a mailbox?

Yeah TEM, maybe. Now I'm wondering, what would be the mascot of the series if not Pikachu?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »
Probably Poliwhirl, since he's Satoshi Tajiri's favorite Pokemon, and it's featured in a lot of merchandise despite never having much of a role in anything.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 07:43:52 PM »
For the love of God, please, please, just give us a reference to a Mario RPG. Paper Mario and/or Geno as a character... a Rougeport stage... a Shroob Assist Trophy... Something! C'mon, Intelligent Systems and S-E!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2007, 05:43:44 AM »
I think an M&L: Partners in Time stage for adventure is a good idea.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Print