Print

Author Topic: Whos Your Main?  (Read 39892 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: February 11, 2008, 09:18:21 PM »
I was wondering what people around here think there main(s) will be in Brawl, mine are probaly going to be either Ike, Snake, or Zero Suit Samus.

What are your mains?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:04:06 PM by megamush »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »
Mine will be the LANDMASTER.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 11:07:27 PM »
Jeff! I like rockets!

ADDENDUM: Won't it be easier to tell when it's out?

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 11:21:30 PM »
Could have sworn I replied to a topic like this before... oh well, I'll repeat my top 3:

1. Wolf
2. Falco
3. Lucario
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 12:23:28 AM »
I am growing to hate the term "Main" more and more.

As I said in the other thread, I probably won't have one. I like playing with a lot of different characters.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:50:42 AM »
Don't hate it, Vid. Really. There's no point to hating the term used to describe a person's best character. That doesn't even make any sense. Also, good luck out there if you don't plan on getting particularly good at using one character...

Also, I'm with Suffix. Rockets are awesome. Also, there's no saying what character you'll be best at using. You can't really just up and decide, "I'm best with this character," before you ever use them. You can say, "I want to be best with this character" and take it from there, I guess.

That being said, I guess I'll just predict. My current mains, Ness, Pikachu and Yoshi, seem to have experienced de-nerfing from Melee to Brawl, from what I can see in videos, so it's highly, highly likely (more likely than Sakurai putting a screenshot involving a Kirby character in the next update) that they will stay on my list. I want to pick up Wario. If I do I will NEVER use the overalls that so subtract from his personality. I will probably pick up Lucas, being a Ness user... after the Mother 3 fan translation is finished. But to me, he seems like training Ness--easier to use, but a little less powerful.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 12:52:15 AM »
I just got done playing about six hours of Brawl and I actually found myself (totally unexpectedly going in) liking Diddy Kong the best. He's pretty fast and has some sweet double-smash moves. His Up-B has huge, huuuuuge lateral and vertical recovery and his Final Smash is much more of a Sure Thing than some other characters'.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 01:09:42 AM »
I'm with Suffix. Rockets are awesome.
You know I was being sarcastic right? Just like the Landmaster, he's not... ah well. Lizard Dude, where did you manage to play Brawl already?

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 01:17:48 AM »
A friend got his Japanese Wii in today (game came a bit earlier in the week) so as far as I'm concerned now, it's out. ^_^

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »
Whahahaha. That's quite a price to pay to get it one month early. Unless, of course, there are other reasons to get a Japanese Wii.

...are there?

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 01:27:50 AM »
Well, any other Japanese-exclusive games or games you want to try a little early, of course. You can also access their channel that lets you play demos and I think even download demos to your DS.

But in my opinion, if you can't actually read Japanese there's no real other reasons, no.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 01:43:14 AM »
You know I was being sarcastic right?
Of course. But, rockets are indeed awesome.

I wish I had a friend that impatient. Oh well. I'm fine with the wait. Twenty-six days remaining... And an extra for people whose game stores don't get the game until the next day. Maybe Brawl will be a polite exception.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 01:47:34 AM »
I dunno, I bet there get to be some good Japan-only games for Wii that don't really require you to know Japanese.
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 02:33:48 AM »
You get the good Virtual Console games long before America does, for one. I have to ask why every region except America has "Mario's Super Picross" (SNES version of Mario's Picross), when it's perfectly playable. But I have to admit I just checked the list and didn't see anything good Japan had that America didn't, so maybe the America releases have been picking up lately. I remember it was a while before America got Donkey Kong Country, anyway.

...well, can't think of anything else to add.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 08:08:38 AM »
I am growing to hate the term "Main" more and more.
Yeah, it kinda bugs me, too... seems to be kinda forced, like it's based on the "hey, we (SSB fanatics) can't be cool unless we make up some lingo!", mentality.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print