Print

Author Topic: Whos Your Main?  (Read 39827 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 10:49:15 PM »
No, apparently the focus of Brawl is aerial combat as opposed to speed. Diddy Kong and Wolf O'Donnell seem to be at the top of the tier list.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2008, 01:00:56 AM »
A tier list can't be established this early. When it is, though, I hope it doesn't suck as heavily as the Melee one. TWO characters in the top tier, and clones at that!? C'mon, all of the high tier ones could be moved to the top, the top of the middle moved up to high and so on... the "bottom" is just so vast, it's like the Smash Back Room lost interest by the time they got to characters no one in there happened to use and chose names from a hat.

I'll readily accept that tiers exist, I guess, since Bowser is decidedly very easy to combo. But the list doesn't take much into perspective at all, as if it's all based on how well a pr0 player of every character would do against the best Fox player in the world. But that's how tournaments go, isn't it?

And of course, whether or not you'll win or lose is based on how good a player you are, not your main's number on the list. But players all go for Fox, the so-called best character in the game, he gets a million combo videos on YouTube to strengthen his following, and the other characters get neglected and stay at the bottom.

I don't wish that Ness had a million drones or anything--I wish people would use the character they like most and get good at using them (I know for a fact that none of the Fox users I know use him because they love Star Fox). It's on the box (of the original): "Duke it out as your favorite Nintendo characters!" But, it's like in Pokémon, they get the legendaries and don't care about favorites or anything... Except the only playable legendary Pokémon in Melee is at the bottom of the list. How ironic.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 01:16:08 AM »
I once saw a really fun YouTube vid with Mewtwo kicking butt.

I want to try out Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, Lucario, ROB, and Toon Link.  Ganondorf will probably be one of my mains again.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 02:06:41 AM »
I suppose I'll stick with Luigi, but the new comers look good to.
I'll be sure to try them as well.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 01:38:20 PM »
I'd like to try out Ike.  I never liked Marth on Melee.  Even if his attacks were stronger on the tip of his sword, I still found Roy more powerful.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2008, 05:39:55 PM »
I think ROB will be a main. along with Toon Link. I might try to master Olimar too..... but my main.... main has always been Luigi and always will be.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2008, 05:02:19 PM »
I believe in tiers, but they made Brawl so much more balanced that it's hard to say. But for one thing, it's not about speed anymore.

I don't have a "main" because I play as a lot of characters, but if I had to say it would be Link.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2008, 05:20:26 PM »
tiers shmiers.  Some of my best characters in Melee are either near the bottom or in the middle.  Not to mention I'm not a tourneyfan, but I will be watching a few matches for the tournament on the Brawl midnight release at Software etc.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
I believe in tiers, but they made Brawl so much more balanced that it's hard to say. But for one thing, it's not about speed anymore.

I don't have a "main" because I play as a lot of characters, but if I had to say it would be Link.

There is one character that seems incredibly cheap. And that is Sonic. The computer or any human player will over use the spin dash. It even works in the air (Which really makes no sense) and it homes in on any nearby player so you can land back a platform quite easily. And his Spring Jump is way too high. Well I guess it evens out with the fact that the move has very bad horizontal range...... Or does it? Well who really needs his Spring Jump when you have the Spin Dash!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2008, 08:46:38 PM »
I think that Link, Marth, or Peach will be my main character. My main would be Roy if he was in the game, he'd be my main. I liked playing as Roy in Melee even though Marth had most of the same moves. He seemed as if he had stronger attacks.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008, 09:25:45 PM »
There is one character that seems incredibly cheap. And that is Sonic. The computer or any human player will over use the spin dash. It even works in the air (Which really makes no sense) and it homes in on any nearby player so you can land back a platform quite easily. And his Spring Jump is way too high. Well I guess it evens out with the fact that the move has very bad horizontal range...... Or does it? Well who really needs his Spring Jump when you have the Spin Dash!

Sonic actually has three Spin-Dash moves; Spin Charge, which is his Down+B; Spin Dash, which is like Jigglypuff's Rollout in function and can be linked with jumps; and the Homing Attack (which is the one you described) which is Neutral B.

Seems kinda redundant, though...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2008, 09:29:20 PM »
I think that Link, Marth, or Peach will be my main character. My main would be Roy if he was in the game, he'd be my main. I liked playing as Roy in Melee even though Marth had most of the same moves. He seemed as if he had stronger attacks.
its probaly because on most of his attacks his sword catches fire
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2008, 09:41:38 PM »
Anyway, I'm hoping to main Luigi, Wolf and Lucas, though Sonic, Bowser, Marth, Ness, Lucario and Falco all look interesting and could also be mained; just that I like Luigi and Wolf as characters and Lucas looks really interesting to play as, as I've recently started using Ness for Vs. CPU matches in Melee.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 10:26:37 PM »
1.MARIO!
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 02:49:54 AM »
Even though I like aerial combat (Luigi), Lucario is looking more and more appealing.

Print