Print

Author Topic: SMS glitches  (Read 7679 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: April 09, 2005, 08:47:34 PM »
More glitches with yoshi's mystical mouth.
1. Floating Fruit: Flick out Yoshi's tongue to eat a fruit. After it is on his tongue, but before he swallows it, press X to jump off of Yoshi. His tongue will disappear, and the fruit will float in midair! Even weirder: You can jump back on him and go anywhere else in the stage. Flick out your tongue, and the fruit will fly out of his mouth, and he will eat it again! Or, you can jump off again, and the fruit will float again. This can be useful if you're going a long way where yoshi's juice meter will decrease.
2. 50% Fruit Juice, 50% Water: Spit out some juice and have it hit the ground in a puddle. Jump off Yoshi before the puddle evaporates, and it will lose its color and turn into water from FLUDD. You can also do this in reversed order: turn water into juice.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 08:54:03 PM »
Oops, that's not really game help... I guess it could help you not die from boredom...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 08:55:56 PM »
*Dies from boredom anyway*

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 08:58:30 PM »
Hey, I said "help you not die," not "stop you from dying."

Edited by - Bird Person on 4/9/2005 7:59:51 PM
It's YOUR problem!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 09:01:56 PM »
You can do the floating trick with enemies, too, and get some interesting results.
If you freeze a bee in mid-air, you can move the camera to be really close to it and see an interesting little pattern on its wing.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 09:04:08 PM »
Cool!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 09:05:29 PM »
*Still dead, even though sentence was misunderstood*

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 09:22:05 PM »
Really cool! Luigi Simpson is dead! The bee's wing looks like a weird shine sprite. And Luigi Simpson is dead!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 09:30:35 PM »
*Comes out of grave*
My Zombie: Bwa ha ha! I've come back for you, Bird Person! You made sure that I died of boredom!
Bird Person: No, I made sure you didn't!
My Zombie: ..?
Bird Person: ...
My Zombie: Well, I've got nothing against you. See ya.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 05:13:50 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 09:11:55 PM »
If you jump off of Yoshi while he's spraying juice, he'll be standing in the spraying mode.  If you spray water out of the FLUDD while you grab a Shine Sprite, it will be doing the pumping water motions while Mario does his victory dance.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 07:29:03 PM »
I know, and I know. But they're still strange.

A bird can fly... But a fly can't bird!!!
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 08:15:39 PM »
A well documented glitch discussed in a few mailbags is the Dune Bud rocket thingy. If you pound a sinking dune bud at exactly the right time, WHAM! You're falling from several hundred feet!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 08:53:36 PM »
I found a glitch in how/when/where the game the game displays collected sprites a long time ago.  

http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/secretshinestrangness.htm

Edited by - Luigison on 4/12/2005 7:58:32 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 09:50:34 PM »
I submitted a glitch a few weeks ago that I found in the game. It probably works everywhere, but this is where I found it.

Scream

As you know, when you fall into a hole and die, Mario will scream. In the hidden obstacle course in Delfino Plaza (the one that kind of resembles a pinball-machine) fall towards the bottom. Before you die, crash into the wall, so Mario falls into the hole face-up. When you do die, Mario will not scream once, but infinite times at once, making it a windy-sounding studdering effect, which will end when the level restarts. If you get a Game Over, and the "Continue/Go to Title Screen" menu comes up, the studdering will end and the delayed Mario scream will play. This may be a little weird described as so, but pull it off and you can see what I mean.

''I am feeling fat, and sassy!''

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 4/12/2005 8:54:30 PM

Print