Print

Author Topic: It's the 3DS!  (Read 50698 times)

« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2011, 11:54:02 PM »
Played the 3DS for the first time yesterday, at a shopping centre demo. Nintendogs was neat, and I liked the AR cards, but I found I felt a bit sick after only a couple of minutes of play (headache, eye strain, nausea). I'm just wondering if this is a common reaction, even after such a short playtime? (the 3D was all of the way up, but even still...)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »
It only happens the first couple of times that you use the 3D.  After that, if you're like me, you won't notice any nasty side-effects.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
All this talk of gaming-induced nausea is beginning to remind me something...

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2011, 01:58:25 AM »
I've found that after playing in 3d for only a few hours, my eyes became accustomed to the 3D, and ever since then I've been able to see the 3D as naturally as the 2D.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2011, 02:45:42 AM »
Same here; after only a bit of it seeming weird, the 3D screen now seems totally natural. I have even kind of started to "think" in 3D, if that makes sense. Like when I picture doing something in the game in my head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
The update that uncripples the online stuff will be here June 6th, apparently.  Thoughts?

If Metroid II is one of the offered titles, I'd like to pick that up.

« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
The same week as E3. COINCIDENCE?

It's probably just going to be Super Mario Land... which I will buy.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
Actually, Link's Awakening is supposed to be one of the first titles available.  Thinking of getting that, too...

But it all depends on how much they're going to wanna charge for the games.

« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2011, 05:23:04 PM »
I am beginning to think about getting one of these, since i will have money soon and I need to replace my slowly falling apart DS lite.

« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2011, 01:37:58 AM »
My DS's touch screen is progressively going to [dukar], but spending nearly $300 to replace it with a system that has no games would feel like a waste.

3DS: the next Virtual Boy?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
So it's not selling well eh?  Well maybe it's because of the steep price tag, or that there are very fame games worthwhile out yet?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »
It's the latter, definitely. The Wii was the same price, but it had Zelda
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »
That's what you get for not having a Mario launch title, Nintendo!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2011, 04:31:13 PM »
I honestly think they should've launched it with a game from one of their popular franchises, or any popular franchise for the matter. Even a new Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden would've tempted me to get it on launch. They should've just pushed the launch back and released it with Ocarina of Time 3D.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2011, 05:28:55 PM »
Yes, BP, but a $250 price tag was pretty reasonable for a home console.  A handheld?  Eh, while it's not ridiculously high, it's a little more than what some people with tighter budgets might willing to pay.

So some gamers, it's a combination of price tag and lack of worthwhile launch titles.
In my case, I don't have much money, and the only game I know of that I'm looking forward to is Paper Mario.  Until that comes out, the only purpose that a 3DS would serve for me is some Pokemon trading.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print