Print

Author Topic: New Super 3DS Bros  (Read 12881 times)

« on: August 29, 2014, 05:59:36 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cwg6mUhAg" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cwg6mUhAg</a>

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »
It's too early for a new system. I've barely broken in the old new system..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:52:40 AM »
Putting the stylus on the bottom seems really stupid. Unless they've massively improved their styluses' sticking power over the Wii U and Old 3DS, that's going to fall out after a few months. I don't know why they keep randomly moving it to every possible location when they already had the perfect location on the DS Lite.

Not a huge fan of moving the Start and Select buttons back over there. I really liked being able to reach one with either thumb (especially since Select always does the same thing as Start in 3DS games). I'll get used to it again, though.

I am a huge fan of the Super Famicom colored face buttons. Hoping the American version either leaves them that way or changes them to the purple and lavender SNES buttons.

I noticed that they even put a little indentation in the hinge above the C-stick to give your thumb enough room up there. That's nice.

Not particularly looking forward to having to buy a MicroSD card that'll fit all the games on my normal sized SD card now. Gonna have to start watching for sales.

Also: Xenoblade is being ported to New 3DS in Japan, and won't work on Old 3DS. (No confirmation of a NA port yet.) So this is looking like it's more Game Boy Color than DSi.

I was going to say I'll have to wait to buy one until they make a purple one, but if we get these faceplates in NA, I guess I won't have an excuse.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:30:25 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 09:25:56 AM »
Oh, also too, Old 3DSs get dashboard themes in October.

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:55:45 PM »
Are the dashboard themes free on the Old 3DS? I hope they're free.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »
Sigh. You have to wonder if Nintendo had this planned from the start.

What in heaven's name are faceplate numbers 37 and 38? And why does 24 cost twice as much as the others?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 01:59:52 PM »
37 and 38 look to be Monster Hunter 4.

Maybe 24 is made of actual wood?

Anyway, I'm definitely getting a New 3DS. Hopefully we get the Xenoblade port at the same time as or close to the hardware's release.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »
I know what I want to see: patches for existing 3DS games that make them take full advantage of anything the n3DS has to offer. This would both make it more of an upgrade than a new system that depends almost entirely on backward compatibility, and avoid having extra buttons and such that don't do anything for most games. For Ocarina of Time 3D, for example, the right stick could be used for free camera control like in Wind Waker, and let the player move and aim while shooting if an item could be assigned to ZR. They'd be little things, but I think little things in several games would add up to a lot, especially if they were things that the 3DS legitimately couldn't do.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 07:01:15 AM »
I have a feeling that the International announcement will occur at E3 2015, when Nintendo will make a Televised Presentation on Spike TV's E3 Broadcast.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »
Maybe the reason it wasn't a worldwide Direct is because NOA is scrambling to come up with a better name for it.

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 11:40:07 AM »
Also, why would they announce it then and there, since people are well aware of it now and they've also used Twitch/Youtube for their E3 broadcasts.

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
Maybe the reason it wasn't a worldwide Direct is because NOA is scrambling to come up with a better name for it.

Maybe they'll leave that to a higher power, the SAME higher power that decided Nedna's fate: The Fans! In which case, I vote for "Nintendo 3DS Advance!"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 03:23:41 PM »
How come I never know what you're talking about?

Anyway, I say they should call it "Super 3DS".

CrossEyed7

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:55 PM »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »
I learned something new today.
Did I miss something or should that have been posted in http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=14611.0  I have a feeling I missed something. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print