Print

Author Topic: Rumor: Nintendo making Donkey Kong 64 DS?  (Read 4137 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 01, 2007, 11:18:40 AM »
File this one under "rumour", as it comes from British gamer mag NGamer. A reader recently sent them a question about Donkey Kong 64 possibly showing up on the Wii's Virtual Console. The editors responded by stating that they believe it would show up on the Nintendo DS before it would on Virtual Console.

Now I know this is hardly any sort of confirmation, comparable to a friend saying "Oh yeah, I could see [insert title here] on the [insert console here]", but it does get one thinking: Would Nintendo make a DK64DS, or is the new DK Jungle Climber the closest DK will get to a solo adventure title on the DS?

Link: gamefront.de
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:59:38 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
Considering that Rare made it, I doubt it will ever appear on another Nintendo console.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 02:20:30 PM »
OBJECTION!

Rare did make "Hey, it's Mr. Pants!" and there is a new Viva Pinata DS game coming.....
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
Umm Max?  Where have you been?  Rare has released more games for Nintendo than they have for Microsoft since being bought out by the latter company.  Including another N64 port, Diddy Kong Racing DS.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »
If they made Super Mario 64 DS, they will surely make this. Well, I hope.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:38:13 AM »
Also, Nintendo owns all the DK stuff anyway. No reason they wouldn't be able to just plop the ROM on the VC.
That was a joke.

Print