Print

Author Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games announced for Wii and DS  (Read 30336 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 08:57:57 AM »
This should be good ^_^.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 02:09:05 PM »
At some point yesterday, I was reminded of Scooby-Doo's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics because of this.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 03:50:50 PM »
At some point yesterday, I was reminded of Scooby-Doo's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics because of this.
Oh my god!  I remember that show!  I used to have a VHS of it.  The Really Rottens were so funny!

As for this game, I probably won't get it unless I read really good reviews for it.  I'm really not a sports person.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 04:49:13 PM »
Well, what, I don't care for sports spin-offs, LD. I think that by the look of the title I can safely assume I won't care for this game.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 04:55:57 PM »
Heh, this is that thing that people have been thinking about. I'm anticipating this because of this new move Nintendo and Sega have pulled and because it's going to be ported on the Wii and DS. I think it's safe to say for me, that I'll be looking into both to see the two different uses of innovation.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 07:02:01 PM »
So I was wondering who was in charge of developing the game, and I was fearing it was Sonic Team, who's latest track record ranges from absolute crap (Sonic 360) to improved, but still mediocre (Secret Rings). Luckily, it seems Sega Sports is the developer, with Miyamoto overseeing the project.

Hopefully, this game is their way of saying "Sorry hopefuls, Sonic ain't in Brawl, so here's your Mario/Sonic crossover you've been wanting, in a non fighting but still competitive form".

I'll probably be buying it, but I just hope they get rid of the 4kids VA's because they make my ears bleed.

P.S. One last chance to leave your mind scarred with a mental image: Eggman vs. Bowser Olympic Sumo Wrestling.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 11:21:11 PM »
If this causes Mario to end up in the Sonic comic, I will poop muh pants!

Probably not, though, since they've been working the games into the storyline less and less lately.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 01:51:16 PM »
Of any Sonic game that gets worked into the comic, this ain't gonna be it, unless Archie decides to start running a Mario comic, which could be awesome, but also has more potential to be royally screwed up.

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 09:24:50 PM »
Does anyone else have the feeling that this is an April fool's day joke? Here's an arguement I posted on another forum concerning the subject:

Quote from: On another forum, I wrote this:
Does anyone else have the feeling that this is an April Fool's day hoax? Upon further thought, it seems so. I mean, seriously, why would Nintendo and Sega bring together two of the greatest video game franchise characters, Mario and Sonic, and thus bring to life everyone's greatest dream... for a game based on the olympics? Olympics-based games haven't been known for being sleeper hits, so why would Nintendo and Sega bring together Sonic and Mario for the sole purpose of one? Mario and Sonic at the olympic games sounds like a game that would be in one of my dreams. Nintendo isn't really known for developing lisenced titles like these in the past, opting for their own franchise characters.

This interview at GameDaily further makes me think this is a joke. Why would Shiguru Miyamoto be so heavily involved in a title like this? Isn't he busy directing Super Mario Galaxy? The olympics aren't the most watched event on American television, so why would Nintendo waste their time on it? And why aren't there any screenshots? Usually, when a game is announced, screenshots are released to back up it's existence (I think they'll show some April 1st)

This is a very clever joke. Even I was fooled. Plus, part of me still believes this game is real. If it is real, then Sonic in SSBB isn't too far off. Nintendo may not have done lisensed titles before, but they have done other weird things before, so perhaps it isn't too far-fetched. I hope this game is real. My logic says no, but my faith says yes. They probably announced it today so few would suspect it's a hoax.

All we can do now is wait...

What do you guys think?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »
I have the one rebuttal to this being a prank.

Japanese sites have pages on it, and Japan doesn't celebrate April Fool's Day.
I'll think of a better signature later!

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 06:54:45 AM »
Does anyone else have the feeling that this is an April fool's day joke? Here's an arguement I posted on another forum concerning the

Nope. It's been on so many websites and all over the web that if it was an April Fool's joke, it would be the cruelest, most anger inducing joke that I doubt it would get one laugh. So many really want this to happen, like myself. You don't want to see this piece of paper mad.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 08:59:24 AM »
The corporations don't play jokes. News publications do. Why would they get a license as hard to get as the Olympics for a joke?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 10:30:17 AM »
How come people are so set on thinking it's false and then going and trying to prove to other people with their minimal reasoning that it isn't? "The one rebuttal..." Um no, MB already posted a much better one on the first page. Stop thinking you're unraveling some kind of mystery because you're not.
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »
How come people are so set on thinking it's false and then going and trying to prove to other people with their minimal reasoning that it isn't? "The one rebuttal..." Um no, MB already posted a much better one on the first page. Stop thinking you're unraveling some kind of mystery because you're not.

I never said that. I just thought I'd post my thoguhts on the subject. Unless you were talking to someone else.

The corporations don't play jokes. News publications do. Why would they get a license as hard to get as the Olympics for a joke?

Google is a big corporation, and they've played jokes on April fools day in the past, like last year's Google romance.

Oh, and perhaps they didn't get a license. Do we have physical proof that they did?

Nope. It's been on so many websites and all over the web that if it was an April Fool's joke, it would be the cruelest, most anger inducing joke that I doubt it would get one laugh. So many really want this to happen, like myself. You don't want to see this piece of paper mad.

Yeah, people have done some cruel jokes in the past. A couple years ago, LD did one where he posted as his brother and said that LD died. It's up to us to realize that most things announced on April first or near that day are more than likely hoaxes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:59:21 AM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »
Yeah, people have done some cruel jokes in the past. A couple years ago, LD did one where he posted as his brother and said that LD died. It's up to us to realize that most things announced on April first or near that day are more than likely hoaxes.

LD is not a member of a huge corporation like Nintendo. If a corporation lied, they'd have all kinds of crap from everyone.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print