Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi 3 Coming in 2009  (Read 72344 times)

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 05:00:28 PM »
Question: Why is it always good if Mario games have "darker" stories? Those are always the games that I like less. What Mario games need are off-the-wall settings, not "dark" ones.
It isn't. That's my opinion, since I like those games more (has anyone beside me actually brought that up when describing positive aspects of the series?).

Speaking of Bowser, how is that much space inside his body? Bowser's only about twice Mario and Luigi's size, at least in this game. Same goes for Bowletta in SS...maybe they just wanted the "going inside something's body" since it was used in both previous games? I've never really been fond of the concept, but I'll have to wait and see how they pull this one off.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:02:04 PM by Reading »
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 05:01:57 PM »
I think Mario and Luigi are shrunk somehow...(And Peach, from looking at the video)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »
Why is it always good if Mario games have "darker" stories?
I had that idea between "growing out of Mario" (stay with me) and going on to other games. Now I play other games that may or may not be darker than most Mario games, and still appreciate the lighthearted plots of the simpler games. Seriousness and Mario are okay together though, but if every game were like Partners in Time in terms of what happens to The Mushroom Kingdom and how big the threat you must overcome is... that'd be kind of lame.

I really can't get a good prediction for what the heck this game's about. But it looks good. Of course it'll be good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »
Wait, isn't that the new WarioWare? The one where you can apparently make your own games?

I stand corrected. The layouts are so similar. . . .

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »
I still kinda wish they stole my idea. Using Bowser instead of them seems like a wasted opportunity to me. They've already done enough funny things with him. The prospect of this game involving Mario and Luigi being forced to work alongside Wario and Waluigi would've been pure gold (and no BP, my idea never involved the Babies. I was merely pointing out how M&L2 featured a four-character setup, as half-arsed as it was).

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »
Well... it is about Mario & Luigi, not "Mario & Luigi & Wario & Waluigi." Besides, such a pair-up is a bit too predictable. Mario pairing up with Bowser feels more interesting, because they've been rivals since the (near) beginning.

They might appear during the game, somehow.

They've already done enough funny things with [Bowser].
Not really. Bowser was mostly possessed or had amnesia in SS, and had a very small role in PiT. According to Nate Bihldorff, villains like Bowser are the most fun to write dialogue for, as they always have the best lines. Wario nor Waluigi aren't really villains, just anti-heroes. So I should be expecting a lot of funny things when Bowser's around.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:17:42 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 07:23:40 PM »
Well... it is about Mario & Luigi, not "Mario & Luigi & Wario & Waluigi." Besides, such a pair-up is a bit too predictable. Mario pairing up with Bowser feels more interesting
It would, if they hadn't already teamed up in SMRPG and Super Paper Mario.

Now, Bowser playable in a 3-D Mario platformer? Hmm...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »
You may be onto something there.
That was a joke.

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 08:22:37 PM »
Is it me or does this game remind me SO much of SMRPG? I mean, the SNES-inspired map screen, the re-did Mario & Luigi sprites (Look more...RPG-ish), and Bowser.

I DO like this game so far. Reminds me of SS. Also, a sprite comparison

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Often praised for it's iconic graphics. LOADS of custom styles and edits.

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. It's sprites are rarely used. Notice how they're smoother and better animated then the SS ones.

Mario and Luigi 3. Looks like a combination of the two, and better represents the artwork. Also more cartoony. (Ironically, Mario looks dopier then Luigi for once)

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »
Cool! Can anyone give me a direct link to the video that shows gameplay, please? I can't seem to find it on the website.

EDIT: Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:31:54 PM by hydrakiller4000 »
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 08:39:48 PM »
One thing I look forward to in M&L3 is its impressive art style. I felt SS's art style wasn't colorful enough given the GBA's color palette, and PiT's color scheme had an overall dark look. M&L3's colors look the most cheerful. Given that the colors often represent the atmosphere I suppose that M&L3's story won't be as dark as PiT's, but more wackier.

Plus, Toads suddenly becoming fat sounds wackier than say, Toads having their life force sucked out by aliens.

Edit: Video 1, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6oZsgvxO30>Video 2[/url]

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »
At least Mario doesn't flick his nose when he's deciding what tactic to use. :D
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 02:23:25 PM »
I can't tell you what I consider some definite pros:
Return of BP, even if not in Bros. Attacks.
Much better style than PiT (though still honestly anywhere near that of SS)
Babies removed.
Babies removed.
Babies removed.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »
Wow! I can't wait for this game. Hoperfully Fawful (and Popple) make an appearance here. Those enemies have that wacky smile and glasses. Just like Fawful.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »
I can't tell you what I consider some definite pros:
Return of BP
Aw geez. Thanks! :D
Babies removed.
Having them around was cool in Partners in Time, but I'm glad they're not making a return. Their presence was important to the freshness of the last game, and having 'em again would be stale.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print