Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi RPG 3 Released in Japan  (Read 16703 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »
Wait.  The Japanese release info on that PDF says that there's a Kirby game on the Wii!  Too bad it didn't say anything on a release in the US or Europe.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »
Presumably the one they announced as a GCN game like ten years ago.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »
The one that was supposed to be an N64 launch title?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »
The one that's been referenced in cave drawings?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 10:27:39 PM »
The one mentioned in Genesis 1:24?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
Huh, that'd be something. I've been waiting for Nintendo to release that Kirby game for years. Or hell, to even show it again or at least acknowledge its existance. It was part of that late batch of GCN titles along with Super Paper Mario, DK Bongo Blast. The two former were brought up to Wii, but Kirby's just been MIA forever. It was shown off with Mario Baseball originally back in like... 2004, and I think they showed it at E3 that year, but that was the last we heard of it.
But yeah, really hoping for it to come. 4-player Kirby sidescrolling is something that should've been done a lonnnnng time ago.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 11:25:21 PM »
4-player Kirby sidescrolling is something that should've been done a lonnnnng time ago.

Not to be nitpicking or anything, but wasn't four-player offered in The Amazing Mirror?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »
Ah, touche. I forgot about that, which was one of my favorite Kirby games and one of my favorite platformers. However, four GBAs, three link cables, and four Kirby games was hard to come by, so it slipped my mind.
= = = = = = =

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 09:57:50 AM »
Actually, I almost hope that "placeholder" is the real deal... or at least it wouldn't be a big deal to me if it was. After all, Final Fantasy and games like that--in Japan, at least--can get away with pretty much just the logo. Also, since PiT was a pretty shallow game, the cover revealed pretty much every character in the game and was therefore not as epic as it seemed. Not that I'm implying anything about the quality of BiS.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 04:45:58 PM »
My problem would be that, from the perspective of a graphic designer, the placeholder, if used as the official boxart would look so dull compared to its predecessors.  Even my amateur fan design is more exciting.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »
Try explaining that to the same people who made the horrendous "art" (or lack thereof) on MK Wii's box:

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
Yeah, after that POS, anything's possible.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 01:51:47 AM »
That's true. I'd forgotten how much Mario Kart Wii's boxart made me want to vomit.
= = = = = = =

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 04:03:04 AM »
I always get a kick out of their lovingly detailed wrist straps.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 08:04:30 AM »
Yeah, blazing down the track, throwing Blue Shells and jumping over bottomless pits, but you'd [darn] well better be wearing that wrist strap!

Print