Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260662 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5895 on: August 19, 2013, 04:18:00 AM »
Lucky bum.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5896 on: August 19, 2013, 08:34:22 AM »
Briguy is the corpse of a butt?

I'm just learning all kinds of new things today
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5897 on: August 19, 2013, 09:44:35 AM »
As of today, I've been with my girlfriend for a year. Out of two relationships, this is the longest I've been in one. It's a bit exciting.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5898 on: August 19, 2013, 01:26:09 PM »
I've been with mine, Jill, for over 20 years.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5899 on: August 19, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »
Dude, my girlfriend looks a lot like yours! She plays video games and types everything for me with her twin sister, buries herself under my pillow when I sleep, and does any kind of favor for me.

;_;
Relics.

« Reply #5900 on: August 19, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »
I just wish she'd bathe after we get intimate.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5901 on: October 09, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »
I've discovered the L.A. Downtown Art Walk and am planning to make next month's (this month's is tomorrow, that's short notice). To sell paintings. I have sold one painting before, for probably way less than it should have gone for... and haven't put serious thought into how to sell more because I just couldn't do it here. There are good artists around here, I've met plenty, but it's just not that kind of place.

Appraising my own stuff is hard. I might be underselling myself when my personal appraisals (ranging from $50: well, good enough that I call it finished to $300: unquestionably awesome) of these 11 paintings I'd be taking would total up to 1900 dollars... but if I counted hours and materials for each one they could be worth way more
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5902 on: October 10, 2013, 06:32:46 AM »
Awesome! Hey, good luck at the show--I wish I could be there to personally support your laudable skills...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5903 on: October 10, 2013, 02:16:36 PM »
I wish I could be there too. I hope you make your $1900.. :p

or something like that.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5904 on: October 10, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
Well I doubt I'll sell everything but that wizard one with the Christmas lights piercing it is pretty crazy awesome, the orange clock might go 'cause I wouldn't ask for much for it, I've got paintings of Han Solo and JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson that are pretty dead-on and crazy fans might want those, my other stuff ranges from goofy to surreal... so I mean, I've got my sights set lower than selling everything, but confident I can get rid of a few of them and make some cashmoney.
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5905 on: October 24, 2013, 01:09:03 AM »
Got a bunch of Super Famicom games in the mail! Highlights: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, Front Mission: Gun Hazard, Harvest Moon, Panel de Pon, and Bahamut Lagoon.

As it turns out, if you aren't concerned about the language barrier (mostly an issue with RPGs) and have access to a good proxy service, most SFC games end up being significantly cheaper to import than their SNES equivalents are to purchase domestically. I got thirteen cartridges (around the sweet spot for weight for a single box to still be eligible for cheap shipping) and paid $75 total; Harvest Moon alone would've cost around that if I had purchased a US cartridge, and wouldn't have included Japanese Kit Kats.

My next order will most likely include Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV, the various Kirby games (except Kirby's Star Stacker because I can't find any SFC copies), Super Puyo Puyo Tsuu Remix, Pocky & Rocky, Popful Mail, all three SFC Parodius games, and both SFC TwinBee games. Six of those games cost $20+ each on eBay for bare cartridges (or, for Popful Mail, $70+ for just the CD), but for import copies of all of them together (including shipping and proxy fees), I'd only pay ~$120 total.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5906 on: October 30, 2013, 11:55:08 PM »
I had my teacher, someone who has and does sell paintings, appraise mine, telling him not to think of me as a student of his but as a green artist trying to sell his works for the first time. He told me none of them should go for less than 200 and the more detailed and cared-for ones can reach for 350 or more, and I should especially be asking for more where there's personal nostalgic value. And while he thinks the light-up wizard is gimmicky, if I think the right kind of person would pay a lot for gimmicky I should trust that. So the new potential total comes up and over 3000 now... but the prices will be negotiable. Maybe I'll even bump 'em up a bit, I'll be in LA where people have money at an art convention where people want to buy art.

I was at a few galleries on Sunday and looked at the prices some artists ask for for their paintings. Less polished ones can go for 500 or more. Not framed. That is a crazy idea to me, too. But the numbers make sense taking materials and hours into account. It could hurt to ask for too little as much as it could to ask for too much, it sends a message...

A card reader that works with my phone will come in the mail so I won't have to demand cash only. Yay future.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5907 on: October 31, 2013, 01:12:36 AM »
That's actually almost sort of kinda decent-ish.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5908 on: October 31, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
It's not decent, because BP doesn't have 22-minute episodes.

Actually I'm real happy for you. Your paintings are cool!
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5909 on: January 11, 2014, 12:48:23 AM »
I've been debating when to reveal this, but with only a few more days left, I think it's finally time I do my part to balance the HOPEFUL and ANGST threads.

I'm going to be a father.

HA HA HA HA ooooooooh yeah, right.

No, I'm going to Japan on Monday, to arrive at my job at a mobile app making company. Maybe if I help to make something I'm proud of, I'll talk about it.

Print