Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99282 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2008, 07:04:40 PM »
Hey, that's the great thing about fighting games! Don't like a character? Beat him up!

Down: Master Hand's voice isn't as good as the 64 one
I just realized it's kind of bizarre how he even has a voice.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2008, 12:30:50 AM »
Hey, that's the great thing about fighting games! Don't like a character? Beat him up!

And that is why I like having Donkey Kong in the roster.

Anyway, I think the biggest down was the somewhat wasted potential in characters and assist trophies; there are plenty of characters that could be added quite comfortably. Not that I'm not happy with the roster- in fact, I think it's great- but there was more that could have been done. Then again, don't most Brawl fans think that?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2008, 07:00:07 AM »
They should go the direction DBZ games have gone (like the Tenkaichi series), in which every character who has ever appeared in the series (or, in this case, games) is playable.

*imagines 50 playable characters in the next SSB game*
*faints*
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »
Maybe they could go the Lego Star Wars route, by having every character you could ever possibly want to play as (except Jabba), but with less uniqueness between characters. Imagine a 160-character roster.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2008, 09:12:29 AM »
Personally, I think that a huge amount of characters is too... overwhelming. Yes, there is variety, but when you think about it, most of those characters would probably just be clones of each other. More and more choices doesn't necessarily equal more fun. Take two examples: one, the Mii. When creating a Mii there isn't a ton of variety, so you cannot create a perfect likeness of someone. But that's the fun of it: instead you try to capture that person's essence using the choices you have, and in the end it resembles the person a lot more closer. Now on the other hand, I went to a friend's house last year, where he was playing some sort of giant robot fighter game on the Xbox (I forget the name). He was given the option of fully customizing his robot, painting each piece (and I mean every piece: any screw, pulley, surface, gun, grill, etc) a unique color. He ended up taking more time to paint the robot than actually playing the game.

Also Sakurai said somewhere (Iwata Asks interview maybe) that the characters have to be carefully decided on, in order to maintain a sense of balance. So characters cannot be randomly thrown in, otherwise it seems out of wack.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2008, 10:41:55 AM »
They need to carefully decide to put Waluigi in  :P

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »
They need to carefully not, and carefully put him in another Mario Party.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2008, 05:53:58 AM »
You got something against Waluigi, Punk?  ;D

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »
They need to carefully not, and carefully put him in another Mario Party.

Or actually give him decent role in a decent Mario game before they ever decide to use him again and/or make another Mario Party.

« Reply #294 on: April 30, 2008, 12:54:25 PM »
I'm for kicking Waluigi off the cast of characters just to spite people too. =3
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

CrossEyed7

« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
Waluigi needs to be carefully put in Wario Land 6 before he deserves to be in Smash.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #296 on: April 30, 2008, 01:50:08 PM »
There's a Wario Land 5? Would that be Wario World or Wario: Master of Disguise?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #297 on: April 30, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »
Postmodernism time!

If you want to read CrossEyed7's last post as saying that Wario World was Wario Land 5 and Master of Disguise didn't count, turn to page 23

If you want to read it as saying that Wario World was part of a separate series and Master of Disguise was Wario Land 5, turn to page 9

If you want it to say that Wario World and Master of Disguise were each half a Wario Land game, turn to page 144

If you think CrossEyed7 forgot how to count, turn to page... uh...

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #298 on: April 30, 2008, 03:26:09 PM »
If you want to get back on topic, turn to page 1!

+Snake

-No red shell

Those are my latest thoughts.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #299 on: April 30, 2008, 04:58:47 PM »
For a second I thought this was the thread for Mario Kart and was going to say "Snaking has been 'removed,' and there ARE red shells!"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print