Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99258 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »
Japanese. Funny how the kid from the game released in the US has the thick Japanese accent while the kid who's game stayed confined to Japan sounds perfectly American.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2008, 08:03:22 PM »
Being a silent protagonist, he's not really supposed to say much aside from "Yes" and "No," and being from a country that parodies the United States, he shouldn't be speaking Engrish, but the FRAHS... it's very peculiar. Kirby got it right in Melee, but this time, he says "Frash." The voice actress is the same person for both characters, if I'm not mistaken. Why did she decide to do it half right in one game, then replace the correct voice clip with a worse one just for Brawl? Or did Sakurai help her overcome Engrish just for his little Kirby in the last one, then give up on her after the years? But Ness did get a new clip for PK Fire in Brawl. Perhaps Sakurai sent her a memo, "Rerecord PK F[smudge] voice clip."

But, yes. The first time I saw the Emissary video after Japan's release and heard Ness's voice clips, I facepalmed. I had the faintest hope that maybe the Melee voice was a new one made up when Ness was meant to be replaced by Lucas, and that maybe his Melee voice would be abandoned, he'd sound more like he did in SSB, and Lucas would have the voice I'd already heard by then... But it's fine. You get used to PK Frahs after a while.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »
The strength of the attack makes up for the terrible pronunciation.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »
There's a metaphor for life in that...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #334 on: May 11, 2008, 01:55:58 PM »
I personally don't see what makes the new voices annoying. Pit's English voice actually sounds better to me than his Japanese voice (the side B attack sounds a LOT less irritating), but I disliked how they made Bowser sound like a stereotypical Arcade game monster. His voice from recent games (or even his original dinosaur roar for that matter) would have been a lot better.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #335 on: May 11, 2008, 01:57:58 PM »
Well at least it's not as disappointing as DK's voice in Mario Kart Wii. If you want to be disappointed, go listen to it now.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2008, 05:06:42 PM »
If you want to be disappointed, go listen to everybody in Mario Kart Wii. Especially Funky Kong.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »
I feel like Melee is better for some reason...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »
The stages, probably.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2008, 05:15:42 PM »
Hyrule Temple > New Pork City.
Also:
Melee Game Speed > Brawl Game Speed (not just higher, better).

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2008, 06:34:16 PM »
You forgot one:
Poke Floats > ...
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2008, 06:38:39 PM »
Everything!

« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2008, 06:41:46 PM »
Oh man I forgot about Poké Floats :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »
You mean Everything > Poké Floats, right? Come on!
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2008, 10:27:47 PM »
Poké Floats is better than Big Blue in terms of moving stages, but the constant shifting can easily become irritating.

Print