Print

Author Topic: Who was worse as Mario?  (Read 6598 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:33:45 PM »
Bob Hoskins or Captain Lou Albano?

Even though it was his most hated role, I'd say Bob Hoskins was better. Atleast he didn't do a fake Italian accent, and he looked more like Mario.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:08:22 PM by Tv_Themes »
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
Captain Lou Albano owns Bob Hoskins.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:53:01 PM »
Bob Hoskins.  On a whim.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 06:11:49 PM »
I can't decide... I'll just say that Cap'n Lou had a silly hairdo.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 10:26:49 PM »
I'm embarassed to say I have little experience with the Super Show, so I'm just going to have to go with Hoskins (incidentally, John Leguizamo = Worst Luigi Choice Ever).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 02:37:53 AM »
I'll actually say Lou Albano. I've never seen the Super Show, but he does do the Do The Mario dance at the end of each show, and how cool is it that a wrestler plays as a game character? Okay, not so cool anymore, but as a kid that would have rocked. If I had any clue who Lou Albano was, that is.

...which means my vote is that I thought Bob Hoskins did worse.

I agree that John Leguizamo was pretty bad as a choice for Luigi. No moustache, didn't sound a thing like Luigi. And Luigi got the girl. For Luigi fanboys, that's a dream come true, but for me who didn't see the appeal of Luigi back then, I was wondering "Hey! Why isn't Mario the winner?"

Amuses me to no end that when Nintendo Power was describing the movie, it admitted to all its fans that the movie would be very different from the games. Goombas are not as we know them, Yoshi's completely different, I think they also mentioned Daisy. I know that had I read that article, I would have immediately lost interest in the movie. Or I would have expected it and thus have gone in with a more proper mindset, having lowered expectations.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:37:22 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
I'll actually say Lou Albano. I've never seen the Super Show, but he does do the Do The Mario dance at the end of each show, and how cool is it that a wrestler plays as a game character? Okay, not so cool anymore, but as a kid that would have rocked. If I had any clue who Lou Albano was, that is.

...which means my vote is that I thought Bob Hoskins did worse.

I agree that John Leguizamo was pretty bad as a choice for Luigi. No moustache, didn't sound a thing like Luigi. And Luigi got the girl. For Luigi fanboys, that's a dream come true, but for me who didn't see the appeal of Luigi back then, I was wondering "Hey! Why isn't Mario the winner?"

Amuses me to no end that when Nintendo Power was describing the movie, it admitted to all its fans that the movie would be very different from the games. Goombas are not as we know them, Yoshi's completely different, I think they also mentioned Daisy. I know that had I read that article, I would have immediately lost interest in the movie. Or I would have expected it and thus have gone in with a more proper mindset, having lowered expectations.

Yeah, John Leguizamo as Luigi? Who the F@ck made that choice? He was a punk kid! Why would a punk kid be the role of Luigi?

My guess is the only reason Bob Hoskins was chosen as Mario was because he looks like him.

The main thing I didn't like about the movie was the characters were completely different from the games. And the Mario Bros. didn't even wear their trademark overals. Jumpsuits? No thanks.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »
And the Mario Bros. didn't even wear their trademark overals. Jumpsuits? No thanks.
No.. they had they for a little bit at the end, didn't they?

Also, I think that film's only redeeming value was the Bob-Omb scene (which, with all the other casting choices, I would not have been surprised to have seen played by Christopher Walken painted black in a fetal position).

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 11:28:48 AM »
I think the Bob-Omb was my favorite character in that movie.  No one wanted to mess with it, and it was about the size of a malted milkball.
"GAH HES GOTA BUHBOMB!!1"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 03:04:23 AM »
Also, I think that film's only redeeming value was the Bob-Omb scene (which, with all the other casting choices, I would not have been surprised to have seen played by Christopher Walken painted black in a fetal position).
...okay, someone's gotta do a drawing or Photoshop of Christopher Walken as a Bob-Omb. That vision's priceless.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 02:55:53 PM »
I've actually recently considered Gary Coleman in the role instead, but we'll see...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 09:46:07 AM »
Well, it took me forever to upload it, but here's the picture my brother came up with a while back:

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 08:02:32 PM »
Not bad. Here's what I came up with. Your brother did a much better job I think.

You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 08:21:09 PM »
More cowbell! *BOOM*

Print