Print

Author Topic: MKWii's Ups and Downs  (Read 24091 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 01:20:39 AM »
Doesn't sound incredibly difficult... if the Wheel isn't involved. I got Bronze on 100cc Lightning Cup, tried again immediately after with a GameCube controller, and got a perfect score.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
Rankings aren't even new. They've been around since Super Circuit.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »
I never said they were new, Chup.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »
Oh here we go.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 04:21:07 PM »
I also wish the items were like 64 and Super Circuit, you know, almost the same as now but not impossible to to get rare items no matter where you place. For example, in SC I got a Star in second.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 07:28:23 PM »
+ nice lens flares

- rest of graphics are early GCN era
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 09:02:53 AM »
A down:

- Really noticeable slowdown in frame rate when 3+ humans are playing in Multiplayer (even when the AI karts are turned off). Considering that the Wii is more powerful than the GCN and the graphics are not that complex, you'd think that some effort could've been made to keep a constant frame rate.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 04:59:49 PM »
I'll start with the downs.

The game could definitely use more tracks, only eight cups doesn't seem like enough for such a seemingly big game. Also, they most definitely did over-use the "baby" characters. Also, I don't like some of the alterations to the past tracks.

Now with the good

The levels are beautiful and well-designed, the character roster is for the most part awesome, the Wheel is a great feature to include with this game, and the most important reason as to why it's good.... it's freakin' Mario Kart.
Ditto used Machop!

~Lavender

• What is light urple?
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »
Baby Daisy for a down is your own opinion >_>

I happen to like her.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 06:01:05 PM »
Are opinions not the basis for this thread?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 06:05:42 PM »
Are opinions not the basis for this thread?

List some of your opinions.

Yes. By the way I will be posting some of these on the blog this weekend, for a "they say you say" post that will cover what those "reviewers" are saying about it. So leave me some (more) meaningful bullet opinions, plz.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 06:24:29 PM »
Down: That is NOT what my voice sounds like.

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 06:40:36 PM »
I'm not sure what determines the voice of a Mii other than gender but I love my Mii's voice. "Ah hahaha! Yeah! Woo! WHOOAAA!!"

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
I do think there should've been something that allows our actual voices to be recorded to be our Mii's voice, though.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 12:28:20 PM »
I do think there should've been something that allows our actual voices to be recorded to be our Mii's voice, though.

Agreed.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print