Print

Author Topic: MKWii's Ups and Downs  (Read 24085 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 01:15:59 AM »
Down: No custom emblems. I know, they got replaced by the players' Miis, but that isn't nearly as cool. They could've and should've had both. The coolest thing about online Mario Kart that I never got to really experience...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »
I do think there should've been something that allows our actual voices to be recorded to be our Mii's voice, though.
But then all we'd hear from the Miis are prerecorded phrases from other videogame characters, Seinfeld or Shaun of the Dead quotes, and maybe some inappropriate stuff too. I don't expect too many people to use their actual voices.

Though I think it'd be funny to hear Banjo's voice coming out of the Miis. Guh-huh guh-huh guh-huh.
Or Peter Griffin's laugh, so a Mii can taunt someone after they just red shell'd someone.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »
I hate how people are dissing Miis.

With my Mii (or myself, I might add) I've gotten 180 Wins and only 38 looses on Wi-Fi.

Take that media!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »
Miis are cool, and don't change the way I feel about the game. I wish they allowed you to record your own vocals, but meh.
Though I think it'd be funny to hear Banjo's voice coming out of the Miis. Guh-huh guh-huh guh-huh.
Or Peter Griffin's laugh, so a Mii can taunt someone after they just red shell'd someone.

That idea is full of win.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »
I'm not sure what determines the voice of a Mii other than gender but I love my Mii's voice. "Ah hahaha! Yeah! Woo! WHOOAAA!!"

My research shows that the color jacket it wears may change it.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »
Ups
-Wii Wheel is actually kind of fun (but there's still every other control scheme under the sun if that doesn't float your boat).
-Addition of bikes/tricks system adds variety.
-Great new tracks + first console appearance of the Retro Cup (even for Battle Mode stages!) = Good.

Downs
-Just about all of the new characters were bad ideas.
-Plenty of stages that would've been great in the Retro Cup aren't there and some that are shouldn'tve been.
-The Mii's voice will haunt my dreams forever.
-

Also, here's how to dodge POW Blocks (apparently--I haven't watched it): http://gonintendo.com/?p=41542
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:01:08 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
Downs: This isn't real

No! I don't want that!

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »
Downs: This isn't real

It reminds me the idea of someone...XD
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »
Haha, you make that?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 02:20:11 AM »
That's a gaming webcomic called 2P Start.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2008, 10:51:54 PM »
Does anyone else's thumb go numb from pressing down on the 2 button for long periods of time? it tends to happen to me in epic 150cc races a lot.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008, 11:10:35 PM »
No, but my left arm is starting to get that weird tingly feeling whenever I do a mid-air stunt, like when you hit your funny bone.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008, 11:49:21 PM »
Eventually you realize that although the wheel is super fun to use, you aren't good when using it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008, 11:50:29 PM »
Nope, I always use it for the less serious stuff instead.

GP though, Wiimote + Nunchuk. =3
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print