Print

Author Topic: How good are you in Mario Kart Wii?  (Read 13203 times)

« on: May 08, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »
I think I'm pretty good. I have about 200-something Wi-Fi wins and 50-something looses. I beat all cups in all engine sizes with a Gold ranking. I got at least a 1 star ranking on all of them except Mirror Special Cup and 50cc Lightning Cup (Don't ask). I unlocked all characters and karts. (Expect one...) (Including the second Mii costume, which makes me look fat). Also, since of what I just said, I also unlocked all expert staff ghosts. How about you?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
Brawl has consumed most of my time... but I'm doing decent so far. I've so far only beaten the 50cc cups, and most of the 100cc cups. I have at least a star in all 50cc cups, and I have at least an A in all the 100cc cups I beat.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »
Everything's unlocked, and I have at least one star in each cup. I have no idea how I stack up against other people, as I can't play online. Also, I feel like my skill in handling Karts isn't as good as it was in Double Dash.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 12:48:18 AM »
I wouldn't take Grand Prix trophies as an indicator of skill. When I played on Wi-Fi with Super-Jesse, Vidgmchtr, Rao and Chupperson, I usually got second place (Super-Jesse is a beast), and from past Mario Karts I'd say I'm just fine...

If you must know, I do have all gold on all cups in all engine classes and all characters except Baby Daisy (she's just so hard to unlock, I don't think I'll ever be able to do it!) and Mii v2.0. The task for the second Mii is actually pretty tough-sounding. I have at least eight fast staff ghosts, of course, but some will be hard to get.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 02:59:55 AM »
I think I've gotten good with the Wii Wheel, but I don't understand how the ranking system in the Grand Prix mode works. Is it based on how fast you completed it or how good you did? I cannot tell.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 06:43:07 AM »
I've been busy, so I haven't played it a whole lot. And besides, that game does whatever it can to make sure you don't win by skill, anyway.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 09:51:02 AM »
Rankings are like, did you bump into anything? If so, bad ranking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 04:11:25 PM »
Rankings are like, did you bump into anything? If so, bad ranking.

Mainly because 96.5% of all Time Trials have people using the Flame Runner, which has a bad acceleration.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 05:02:17 AM »
No, these rankings are in Grand Prix, where you want acceleration above all else.

Time Trials have Flame Runner because when you're the only one on the track, you want top speed above all else because you won't be stopping every five seconds like usual. And karts with high top speed are going to have low acceleration for balance purposes.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 10:58:34 AM »
How do you do tricks?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
Shake the remote.
That was a joke.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 11:40:43 AM »
Thank you.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 01:54:20 AM »
Press the d-pad.

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 01:59:54 AM »
Eh.

Unlike many other series, Mario Kart is the most successful one to test my patience. I yell at the TV screen (or, in the case of MKDS, my DS) when playing a Mario Kart game much more than any other game I play. And with the now frequent occurences of lightning bolts and blue shells and uselessness of fake item boxes as shields for red shells, I may very well yell until my voice becomes hoarse.

You can beat the computer/staff ghosts in time, yes. Doesn't really make you good, though.

Can I beat others? I'm still figuring that out, because since before MKDS, I usually played alone. MK64 was the only MK game I played with someone else, my brother.

Online I've been able to defeat a few other players, strangers and friends (note online I will ALWAYS use the Wiimote + Wheel configuration, provided the batteries stay alive).

Currently, I only unlocked the Mirror mode earlier tonight (I'm going at my own pace, to enjoy the game rather than blow through it in a week) as well as Daisy. (Still not caring to put spoiler tags over secret characters, eh, BP?)

I've still got Mii B, Funky Kong, Baby Player 2, and Dry Bowser to unlock, and I believe the former two will take awhile, as well as a few karts and bikes (I'm not sure how many there are supposed to be for each class, 5 of each for all 3 weights? Or 6?)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 02:21:36 AM »
Nope. DryBowserRosalinaFunkyKongToadette.

Well I got my sister to play some Nintendo with me yesterday after her PS2 failed to work (she wanted to play Kingdom Hearts). We played some Mario Kart 64, and I never lost. Then, I got her to play some Mario Kart Wii. She used the GameCube Controller and I used the Remote with the Nunchuk. In a vs. match with 12 racers (other than Wi-Fi and Time Trials, is there a freaking way to NOT HAVE TWELVE RACERS), even my sister can take first place once or twice.

Nintendo...

You've actually done it. I was sure you couldn't, but you made a video game in which I can lose to my sister.

But with only two players, I can beat Chupperson many times.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print